• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

It was admittedly a tough situation. Beyond's president wanted to talk with FloSlam in depth because he (on the PWPonderings podcast) seemed and was hesitant to get involved when the announcement of FloSlam was fresh. Essentially how PWG feels about DVDs, Beyond feels about Youtube, and they don't want to lose those views/that audience by basically abandoning it unless they're financially in a position to do so without risk.

It isn't even that tough

'We're carrying their iPPVs' bewm done

Now Drew has to explain to not unsubscribe from their service because they worded it wrong

Pikma

Banned
And now a 5 minutes match between Roadwarrior Hawk and a foreign heel...

This is only making me start appreciating Zach for putting up with this kind of crap on a constant basis

is he really though? 10 years ago, Taker would've accepted to take the beating, and give one too

I doubt 51 year old Taker would allow Styles to go nuts
I see it differently. Styles can do the human superball routine and sell Taker's offense better than anyone else in the company.

Plus, if I'm Undertaker, I know I've had (putting it nicely) not-so-hot matches the last 3 manias. A match with AJ is the best bet at tearing the house down one more time.

Zach

And now a 5 minutes match between Roadwarrior Hawk and a foreign heel...

This is only making me start appreciating Zach for putting up with this kind of crap on a constant basis

Bless you, Pikma.

Hey Zach, I know we're both nostalgic for Halloween Havoc... but I feel like there was only one good one.

Consult the Gradez for my Official Opinion on the matter.

Edit: I looked. I apparently had an alright time watching '91, '93, '96, '97, and '98.

Edit 2: And '95 for the comedy.

Edit 3: Oh, man. Isn't '95 the one with The Quintessential Sting Moment? Amazing.

Caderfix

So Roman back to the main event, huh? It's still too soon so I hope he doesn't get the belt. That would actually make things worse for him... Although I doubt creative cares, they probably are betting in eventually getting Roman over it doesn't matter how many years it takes, and then use the network and video packages to do what they do best, change history and say fans always loved him, etc. Let's see how long it will take to make the reaction become at least 50-50.

That would be cool as a viewer and fan, but why would the wrestlers competing be motivated to win? Why would they want to win the match to have somebody potentially taking their spot?

Valid question, and I was wondering that in general with rivals coexisting on the same team.

Best answer would be the big motivator that WWE ignores far too often but Lucha Underground uses well, fat sacks of cash to the winners.

GM's could promise $10k or something to each surviving member of the teams.

Striker

Still can't believe how they used DDP in the invasion now that its behind me in my rewatch. No diamond cutter, no BANG, no hand sign, despite 3/4 of the audience doing it anyway.

Now he's this motivational speaker and the crowd STILL loses their shit for him and chants his catch phrases and the cutter gets huge pops. What a fucking missed opportunity. The crowd wants to love him so bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8n5tOttEL4

Pretty brief shoot from DDP on the Invasion and what transpired.

"They tried to tear apart my character; I could no longer do the Diamond sign anymore"
"Didn't let me do the Bang!"
"That's not who you are now" ^_^

Syder

DDP v Christian was a decent feud and it had a great match at Mania 18. Probably the high point of DDP's WWE run.

Pikma

Banned
CwcibSXVQAAWADy.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Owens/Reigns is going to be a disaster in terms of reception. Like I can't fathom how Vince thinks that's a good idea unless he plans to dump the Universal Title off of Owens ahead of the match.

Had tickets to Broken Matt/Chris Hero team up tonight at AAW, but I have a cold (and what's announced of the rest of the card is leaving much to be desired) so I'm skipping....bleh

Caderfix

OLike I can't fathom how Vince thinks that's a good idea unless he plans to dump the Universal Title off of Owens ahead of the match.

Vince doesn't care. If he wants Roman to have all the belts Roman will have all the belts, the reception doesn't matter and won't matter unless it becomes clear they are loosing a huge amount of money by that specific reason.

Vince has no idea who Connor even is

Dave said this week they're trying to get at least one UFC person to appear at Mania and have talked with Conor

This is like saying they don't know who Ronda is. Of course they know who the woman they're making Steph tap with an armbar is

Pikma

Banned
Dave said this week they're trying to get at least one UFC person to appear at Mania and have talked with Conor

This is like saying they don't know who Ronda is. Of course they know who the woman they're making Steph tap with an armbar is
vince probably doesn't

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like watching BJW deathmatches these days is like the gentrification of deathmatch wrestling. It just comes off so... I don't know. Not nasty.

Kaladin

They're teasing tonight that "YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S GONNA SHOW UP!" so I have to imagine Jeff staggers out post-match to help delete him

Or it's just random indie jobber that the crowd pops huge for

Just be thankful your local indie can afford to bring in names, mine can't.

klonere

Banned
Once you see multiple beds of nails implanted in a dudes face I'm not sure what the poiunt of watching more deathmatches is anymore

The worst part is WWE is definitely gonna save Steph's comeuppance for a celebrity appearance instead of giving it to a babyface in the women's division.

Top Bottom