• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Hasney

Anyone know what happened to the Hulkster truck or the Dungeon of Doom truck?

http://www.wcwworldwide.com/2015/11/where-are-they-hogan-doom-monster-trucks/

truck0013.jpg

Kaladin

I got free tickets to one of the monster truck shows about 5 years ago. It was a bigger rip off than a main roster house show. Seriously, you're just there to see the trucks and hear the big engines. Nothing really happens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love you guys for watching Havoc '95.

It's a must watch wrestling PPV. Also pretty much every wrestling review podcast has covered it so a lot of people know about it now.

There's one okay match, one legitimately great match (the tag match) and the rest flip flops between truly awful wrestlecrap and amazing spectacle.

It's one of only two WCW shows in 1995 worth watching.

Pikma

Banned
I'm sorry Zach but I had to pause it again because I had to watch Imbask's hockey team lose 10-0 to one of the worst teams in the league

Hey imbask:

tumblr_nywnfqsq941uxtjooo1_500.gif

Barrage

Of course Ziggler's gonna face Zayn.

Theyre in Canada. Zayn will come off as a megastar despite his recent booking.

imBask

Banned
HALLOWEEN HAVOC 95

DDP vs Bad : B-
Zodiac vs Macho : D
Badd promo : B-
Hawk vs whoever : D+
Macho promo : C+
Sabu vs some guy : F
Taskmaster promo : F
Hogan with the guy who won a bike : D-
Luger vs Meng : D+
Big Show promo : D
Sting and Flair vs Anderson and Pillman : B+
Luger promo : D+
Monster truck guy explaining the rules : horrible
Monster truck fight : D+
Post Monster Truck fight : C+
Luger vs Macho : D+
Hogan vs The Big Giant : D+

the match was an F but the convoluted mess at the end got it a D+

AVERAGE : low C-

Is TNA still like alive?

Yes.

Maybe Dixie is finally out of the drivers seat and the fight network owners are calling shots.

Billy Corgan still owns a chunk of the company or something but its not enough to actually do anything and they are in the middle of a legal pissing match with him

But they are still on a shitty TV network in the US, lost their UK TV deal, probably losing their India TV deal and alot of talent are openly angry at the company and public about leaving soon.

So its alive but it seems like the ball has just been kicked into early 2017.

Zach

HALLOWEEN HAVOC 95

DDP vs Bad : B-
Zodiac vs Macho : D
Badd promo : B-
Hawk vs whoever : D+
Macho promo : C+
Sabu vs some guy : F
Taskmaster promo : F
Hogan with the guy who won a bike : D-
Luger vs Meng : D+
Big Show promo : D
Sting and Flair vs Anderson and Pillman : B+
Luger promo : D+
Monster truck guy explaining the rules : horrible
Monster truck fight : D+
Post Monster Truck fight : C+
Luger vs Macho : D+
Hogan vs The Big Giant : D+

the match was an F but the convoluted mess at the end got it a D+

AVERAGE : low C-
Beautiful. You should do this with more F shows. "Monster truck guy explaining the rules: horrible" got a chuckle.

Is TNA still like alive?

There's technically a pulse yes

Still no TV tapings scheduled for 2017, no tours, no UK, no India, at least 5 ongoing lawsuits (more if Corgan continues pursuit of money they clearly don't have), and at least one talent who's definitely leaving soon with another likely to follow

Zach

whoever is actually still wrestling for NJPW. He's in the pre-show match of the PPV tonight. He's old as fuck and can barely move in the ring though.
Amazing.
I hope everyone watching WCW PPVS recognizes that Mean Gene is the greatest of all time.
Oh he's great. He's like, so above wrestling, but seems to just enjoy the circus lifestyle.
Arn Anderson to the crowd after blatantly cheating: It's UNCENSORED!
Haha... Aaarn.

Zach

In May of '95, WCW had Steve Austin working the PPV pre-show against some guy named Eddie Jackie.

Incredible.

imBask

Banned
Beautiful. You should do this with more F shows. "Monster truck guy explaining the rules: horrible" got a chuckle.

well now that I have the network for a month, i'm checking out some of the old stuff I grew up with in high school

Summerslam 2003, the replay of Lesnar murdering Zack Gowen was brutal

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In May of '95, WCW had Steve Austin working the PPV pre-show against some guy named Eddie Jackie.

Incredible.

There's a terrible ppv in 1995 that has an amazing WCW Main Event pre show. Like if they had switched the two it'd be the best WCW PPV of the year. It involves Austin somehow.

imBask

Banned
Is there any reason why you can't manually choose the video quality on the fly on the WWE Network and Netflix?

if I had to guess : normal people get confused really easily and if you add an option with numbers down there, they lose their mind

Top Bottom