• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I bet even Russo would have had Sting go over strong at the Cade 97

That match is such a turning point in the history of wrestling.

The idea behind it is actually a really good one if you think about it. Sting comes in, Hogan tries to cheat with his own hired ref, Bret Hart, a rightful world champion who knows all too well about Hogan's schemes to keep the title and was just screwed over by a ref restarts the match and sets up a real world's champion feud between him and Stang.

Instead Hogan, for the first time in the NWO era, is wrestling like it was WM3 and no selling everything. The count isn't fast at all, making both Stang and Hart look like crazy whiners, and the Stang Bret Hart real world champion fight never happens. Bret is a heel six months later and Stang, the one last hope for WCW, is in the NWO.

Lothar

Banned
Maybe if he was hired that day. But can you imagine Russo having the patience for the Sting vs. nWo build? That whole storyline would've happened in a single Nitro.

Kane vs Undertaker year long buildup for the WM match did happen under his watch. Maybe they forced him to do it that way, who knows.

Zach

Halfway through Manio 17 and it's okay. Cool atmosphere. How about that pop for... Linda McMahon?? You silly soap opera-loving WWF fans. : )

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fun Russo Fact That Actually Explains A Lot: Russo's first job after being promoted to creative was to punch up HBK's heel promos. Explains why he makes so many inside baseball references in 1997-1998.

I remember losing my mind when Linda popped out of the chair and kicked Vince in the rolls. So cathartic after all that shit Vince had done. Storytelling at its finest, Maggle!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So like...why did they treat X-Pac like a huge goddamn deal when he left WCW and went to Raw?

First one to come back.
A member of the NWO.
His speech about Nash and Hall being prisoners of their contract.
First "Night after Wrestlemania" Surprise.

I watched all those 1998 shows recently, he's one of the biggest stars that year full stop. It was a great move. He's way bigger than HHH in DX almost the entire year.

So I was set to go to NXT when it comes to New Zealand in December however in the last hour I got an email to say it has been cancelled.

That match is such a turning point in the history of wrestling.

The idea behind it is actually a really good one if you think about it. Sting comes in, Hogan tries to cheat with his own hired ref, Bret Hart, a rightful world champion who knows all too well about Hogan's schemes to keep the title and was just screwed over by a ref restarts the match and sets up a real world's champion feud between him and Stang.

Instead Hogan, for the first time in the NWO era, is wrestling like it was WM3 and no selling everything. The count isn't fast at all, making both Stang and Hart look like crazy whiners, and the Stang Bret Hart real world champion fight never happens. Bret is a heel six months later and Stang, the one last hope for WCW, is in the NWO.

The Wolfpac was the point where you knew TrumpNash was only ever in it for himself. Guy gets stable devoted to him just so he can still overcome odds and become champ

So I was set to go to NXT when it comes to New Zealand in December however in the last hour I got an email to say it has been cancelled.

Me too man, f**king sucks. Cancel it right at the last minute. :|

My wife was really excited about going to it, would have been her first live wrestling experience. She's really sad now. :( So f**k you WWE, thanks for that.

They cancel the NZ shows but the Aus ones still on. >_>

Me too man, f**king sucks. Cancel it right at the last minute. :|

My wife was really excited about going to it, would have been her first live wrestling experience. She's really sad now. :( So f**k you WWE, thanks for that.

They cancel the NZ shows but the Aus ones still on. >_>

I know right? There is no explanation yet. It would be my first show and I would have gotten a meet and right.

Kornflayx

When will you people realize that Zach's a PWG guy, where every match should be amazing and the flow of the show is irrelevant?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jericho is honestly the bravest guy in that shit locker room. Between Goldberg, Br*ck and Sin Cara he has taken 0 shit and risked everything time and again because he knows if he backed down from their bullying, they'd just continue to bully him and the situation would never end until eventually they did fight anyway. Takes guts to say "fuck it, I'll take an L right now if it means shit stops between us today"

Jericho hates bullies
jericho.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jericho probably handing out Trump flyers backstage reminding everyone to vote tomorrow and Hunico said, 'this far no further'

Recall

Shinsuke Nakamura.

Headlining major NJPW shows for years and now is the main attraction for essentially a well paid Indy gig, with a hectic work schedule.

Quite interested to learn how he found his time in NXT if/when it ever comes to an end.

Shinsuke Nakamura.

Headlining major NJPW shows for years and now is the main attraction for essentially a well paid Indy gig, with a hectic work schedule.

Quite interested to learn how he found his time in NXT if/when it ever comes to an end.
Probably happy not to be constantly dropped on his head in Japanese arenas.

World Tag League line-up;

Block A:

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson
Tetsuya Naito & X
Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
Raymond Rowe & Hanson
Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa
Brian Breaker & Leland Race
Manabu Nakanishi & Henare
Yujiro Takahashi & Hangman Page

Block B:

Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
Katsuyori Shibata & Yuji Nagata
Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma
Tomohiro Ishii & Hirooki Goto
Yoshitatsu & Billy Gunn
Kenny Omega & Chase Owens
SANADA & EVIL
Bad Luck Fale & Bone Soldier

Wonder how much of a big deal they're gonna make of Harley Race's son. Also, Billy Gunn...I'm actually looking forward to Yoshitatsu matches now.

Tokyo Dome card slowly coming together. I'm guessing Shibata will take on Shiosaki considering their interaction at King of Pro-Wrestling?

They already had a match in NOAH, but they could do a rematch here - the NOAH ownership change has kinda put things up in the air though, but Go may want out if rumours are to be believed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doubt it's rumors at this point. Go said he wanted to go to NJPW before leaving AJPW. He got forced into going to NOAH instead.

Hoping Naito's partner is Kamaitachi

Jamie OD

Doubt it's rumors at this point. Go said he wanted to go to NJPW before leaving AJPW. He got forced into going to NOAH instead.

Hoping Naito's partner is Kamaitachi

He would be a good addition to Ingobernables and if all else fails at least you have a new Jr team of him and BUSHI.

I saw on Twitter EVIL Vs Goto for the NEVER Title is a possible Dome match. Them being in the same tag block puts that rumour on the right track.

klonere

Banned
He would be a good addition to Ingobernables and if all else fails at least you have a new Jr team of him and BUSHI.

I saw on Twitter EVIL Vs Goto for the NEVER Title is a possible Dome match. Them being in the same tag block puts that rumour on the right track.

EVIL vs Goto is worth it to watch EVIL sell the GTR again

Top Bottom