• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

klonere

Banned
With Evil/Shibata, they've got another match in Singapore, so they could do a rubber match at the dome I guess.

Kushida & Bushi had an awesome long submission spot of a kind the wwf used to do ten years ago that really amps up the crowd into the match, but for some reason they don't anymore.

I think Shibby is moving on to Shiozaki and then up the card further if it all pans out. His NEVER run was excellent and did exactly what it needed to do as his first singles title. Now its time for EVIL. To er, make everything EVIL.

As for the submission spot, I've noticed Japanese crowds in general get into them far more than American crowds in nearly all cases. Dunno what it is about them but it gets them all amped up that's for sure.

008_sincarawwe_-0ae49dbf28fad2e810d85ebf658dd721.jpg

giphy.gif

Sin Cara just wanted Goldberg to autograph his copy of
WCW_Backstage_Assault_Coverart.png

I think Shibby is moving on to Shiozaki and then up the card further if it all pans out. His NEVER run was excellent and did exactly what it needed to do as his first singles title. Now its time for EVIL. To er, make everything EVIL.

As for the submission spot, I've noticed Japanese crowds in general get into them far more than American crowds in nearly all cases. Dunno what it is about them but it gets them all amped up that's for sure.

On an execution level, American wrestlers tend to apply the submissions loosely, and it never gets over as a potential conclusion to a match.

wrassle twitter was making noise about the WWE tryouts, so i tried to look into it.

NEVER TWITTER SEARCH TRYOUTS, ESPECIALLY AT WORK

Huh. So you think EVIL....Elgin then? Assuming Elgin's good for the Dome?

I think the problem is the wwf have damaged submissions a lot. Many top guys used to have their own submission that nobody else used and the American crowds got lit for them - benoit's crossface, angle's ankle lock, jericho's proper lion tamer WOJ.

Now only the women use them as finishers, and generally they're not even worked that long - or that well in terms of ring positioning - to get the crowd hyped for them. The men just use them as a spot, not a truly credible manoeuvre that can end the match, and there's less unique "Only this guy does this" submissions. And so nobody buys them as the finish.

klonere

Banned
On an execution level, American wrestlers tend to apply the submissions loosely, and it never gets over as a potential conclusion to a match.

Fair enough. Young Cena is to blame in part then. I always thought it had a lot to do with desensitization as well - no crowd is going to buy into a long submission spot in the middle of match being the finish. And on certain guys, you are never going to see them tap.

wrassle twitter was making noise about the WWE tryouts, so i tried to look into it.

Oh I saw rovert making a joke about that and figured it was because they were really reaching into obscure Brit indies

but uh, I guess they are reaching into other areas then.

Oh I saw rovert making a joke about that and figured it was because they were really reaching into obscure Brit indies

but uh, I guess they are reaching into other areas then.
Yeah, that's why i was going to look into it

my results were nothing to do with the wwe tryouts

if you search "tryouts" the 1st result is a picture from "anal tryouts"

Aren't Twitter searches tailored to your history?

What kind of tryouts are you getting, because my Twitter search results are clean, friend.

Hasney

I bought it too
for Modern Warfare Remastered
but I'm an American so I don't count for those UK numbers

I only did it because of a price mistake on that Legacy edition. Campaign looks alright, so if I blast through that, I should make a £16 profit on it.

I'm pretty sure UK sales are totally fucked for everybody

They just aren't buying games, they're useless!

I need to upgrade my PS4 2TB HDD I'm buying so many. I'm saving our economy dammit!

klonere

Banned
I finally got my PS2 emulator setup on my new PC.

SSX3 was a hell of a game, it's just as smooth and fun as I remember it. They genuinely don't make stuff like it anymore. I'd even forgot about the dynamic soundtrack thing that would remove and add layers to the song that is playing, so if you were just slowly bouncing along you might get just the drums and one guitar stems of the song whereas if you are out in first place kicking ass you get the full on mix. And when hit big air you get the pan and scoop effect which is p cool.

vidya games

klonere

Banned
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but good for him

but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I mean it's the same everytime this happens - I have to feel happy for him cos you know, money

but

fuccckkkkkk that.

It's just because they directly quote his daughter I think it carried a bit of weight.

Personally he's too old to pull off a good match anyway let's be honest

Well if you are gonna release a week after BF1 and Titanfall 2.....
Forbes are bottom feeders of the world, damn leeches. They are the worst and none of their contributors know shit. I don't even know why Yahoo recommends me their trash.

imBask

Banned
I think Titanfall 2 bombed in the same ways Tomb Raider did, as in "they didn't meet their unreasonable expectations"

What's with Hulu dropping matches? I wanted to watch the pumpkin match on tv since I've only seen it in person.

Anyway, I've watched up until Jericho and Owens were out there with Roman and Mick and my son and I steal that segment. You can see me right near Jericho's head pointing out the camera to my son who then jumps up, bounces and waves to the camera.

Huh. So you think EVIL....Elgin then? Assuming Elgin's good for the Dome?

I think the problem is the wwf have damaged submissions a lot. Many top guys used to have their own submission that nobody else used and the American crowds got lit for them - benoit's crossface, angle's ankle lock, jericho's proper lion tamer WOJ.

Now only the women use them as finishers, and generally they're not even worked that long - or that well in terms of ring positioning - to get the crowd hyped for them. The men just use them as a spot, not a truly credible manoeuvre that can end the match, and there's less unique "Only this guy does this" submissions. And so nobody buys them as the finish.

You mean like having Roman get out of 4 of them in a single match?

I finally got my PS2 emulator setup on my new PC.

SSX3 was a hell of a game, it's just as smooth and fun as I remember it. They genuinely don't make stuff like it anymore. I'd even forgot about the dynamic soundtrack thing that would remove and add layers to the song that is playing, so if you were just slowly bouncing along you might get just the drums and one guitar stems of the song whereas if you are out in first place kicking ass you get the full on mix. And when hit big air you get the pan and scoop effect which is p cool.

vidya games

SSX 3 was fucking incredible

Top Bottom