• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

All Evil Everything

Really good. Main event lacked heat though, as elgin got injured and they had to substitute in Lethal who isn't over in Japan.

Also Lethal looks lame without his hair

Just looked at the results, a little confused on Evil winning but kind of cool to see that Kushida got a belt again.

klonere

Banned
I know Sir Crocodile linked the thread but I also know some of you are lazy old codgers who probably are intimidated by Twitter so I'll post the best bits.

Massive shade on WWE from Naito (talking about fan vote/double main event etc for WK11)

Naito said:
Naito 'just stop the naming BS. Double main, triple main? Then why not have every match be a main event?' #njwk11

Naito really has it in for Tana and Tana's spot in the company

Naito said:
'there's nothing I want from this match, nothing that motivates me.. except pushing the final nail in Tanahashi's career' #njwk11

Naito said:
'Tana isn't the heart of new Japan any more. LIJ is. He can't touch this level. He was finished after WK 10' #njwk11

Naito never drops Okada's name but it's pretty clear why he wants the IWGP Heavyweight title in the main.

Naito said:
'you think I'm here to announce a fan vote? No. I don't want one. The main event needs to be the IWGP title. I want the semi'

Naito said:
I always wanted the IWGP belt

Really interesting that Tana drops the babyface line. He clearly wants to say something else...

Tanahashi said:
'if all you say is true..I have nothing to say to you. I have to say the babyface thing? Being on the 7th main running is good'

Naito is too fucking good at this wrestling lark lads.

Zach

When will you people realize that Zach's a PWG guy, where every match should be amazing and the flow of the show is irrelevant?
That's not true. Match quality is most important to me. Storyline execution is important. Event flow can help, but is not always a key element.

A bad match or especially dumb segment is never good for the flow of an event, though, in my opinion. You might think an evening gown match in a swimming pool is a good valley in the flow of a show, but I do not agree.

mannn, i really want to do this EVE show in London with Manami Toyota, but PROGRESS is the next day, and weekenders haven't worked out great for me migraine wise historically.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
huh
1478475181061slre9.png

I need to stop watching Lapsed Fan PPV's. Even if the matches are decent I can't put up with the commentary or fans. I've heard the word "Bowery" 100 times during this cage match with DDP and Raven

Heroman

Banned
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Juice Robinson huh. It werid how much juice Robinson has improved when compared him to his time as cj Parker

Zach

Maybe Bret was misused in WCW but Bret making no attempt to change his look or his gimmick certainly didn't help.
I don't think that was necessary. I was okay with serious wrassler Bret Hart being serious wrassler Bret Hart with no time for gimmickry.

Who you putting above B. Hart in-ring, Dato? Some guys I've never heard of? Have we had this discussion? Who are you to doubt El Dandy?

Zach

TLC 2 or whatever wasn't great. It was a fun spectacle with some wild, contrived moments. These matches are starting to feel like the wrestling match equivalent of sound bites. I dunno. I haven't loved one since the Terri Invitational ladder match.

Good match for the flow of the event, though. : )

imBask

Banned
How do you think I feel, watching it every single week? I'm beyond hotline help.

I consider it worthwhile being in the background if there's a decent Jericho/Owens skit.

isn't that how everyone watches RAW though?

wait

do people actually sit down and WATCH RAW, like all of it?

Just looked at the results, a little confused on Evil winning but kind of cool to see that Kushida got a belt again.

With Evil/Shibata, they've got another match in Singapore, so they could do a rubber match at the dome I guess.

Kushida & Bushi had an awesome long submission spot of a kind the wwf used to do ten years ago that really amps up the crowd into the match, but for some reason they don't anymore.

And challenges the Champ Kenny Omega for the belt.

for RESEARCH

Top Bottom