• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Fuck that, I dodged spoilers.

The dumbest shit about the delay is that TNT still put Nitro head to head with Raw. We had the Friday Night Wars because one of them was too dumb to not put their show on earlier and less of a delay.

Impossible to dodge, too many people were watching. Teachers were prowling the school during break/lunch, trying to stop kids doing wrestling moves on each other. A friend of mine who was a rugby player hit someone with a Jackhammer.

somedevil

Wait,
why do Steph and Foley have the ability to book a #1 contender for a title that's not even on their show.

On smackdown
Ziggler challenged somebody from Raw to challenge him for the title because the Miz chickened out last week on his challenge.

Hasney

Impossible to dodge, too many people were watching. Teachers were prowling the school during break/lunch, trying to stop kids doing wrestling moves on each other. A friend of mine who was a rugby player hit someone with a Jackhammer.

Ah, there were only a few of us at my school. We did hit someone with a 3D during rugby once though.

Zach

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH TIER

eNDm9Fo.png

PROBABLY WORTH A WATCH IF YOU'RE STILL INTO WRESTLING TIER

rp37xCH.png

YOU'RE PUSHING IT BUT THERE'S STILL SOME GOOD STUFF HERE TIER

FUFwRvg.png

THE WCW CHALLENGE SOMEONE SHOULD ALERT YOUR RELATIVES TIER

NbAwwhg.png

Fox318

uses were good in what year. '13? 11'?

And the New Day had a great run when they were going head to head with The Brass Ring Club and The Primetime players.

The second they won that belt back at summerslam they haven't had a a good program or match with anyone else.

They have been part of some of the worst segments in the past 5 years (The Old Day and The Fake Final Deletion for example). Getting by on promos more concerned with what they saw on twitter that day or trying to get a cheap pop by reminding people that Xavier read a comic book in 1996. They will get their cheers because people like the entrance and many younger viewers like the shirts but it still doesn't change this : Right now they are a stale moldy cake with a colorful sugar frosting on it. At first glace it looks fine and may even taste great at first but the more you taste it the more it you notice how rancid it is and it will give you the shits.

Usos at least could still work good matches even when they were the stale color cena merch babyface during those years.

Fox318

EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH TIER

eNDm9Fo.png

PROBABLY WORTH A WATCH IF YOU'RE STILL INTO WRESTLING TIER

rp37xCH.png

YOU'RE PUSHING IT BUT THERE'S STILL SOME GOOD STUFF HERE TIER

FUFwRvg.png

THE WCW CHALLENGE SOMEONE SHOULD ALERT YOUR RELATIVES TIER

NbAwwhg.png

how is Starrcade 85 not a must watch?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only show on that list I'd give an absolute F to is BatB 1995. Irredeemable. Not fun in any way that a bad show like HH 1995 or even KOTR 1995 engenders.

somedevil

If the twitter spoilers are correct:

Bayley is insanely over to the point of segment with Charlotte has reached Bryan in Seattle during the title unification segment.

Also, a B for Bash '97 is pretty crazy. Dennis Rodman is the only real highlight; a real shame he became best friends with North Korea rather than stick with wrasslin.

Fox318

Bayley is insanely over to the point of segment with Charlotte has reached Bryan in Seattle during the title unification segment.

No reason to trust Vince and co in handling her the right way especially since they value Dana over her.

Zach

I examined every pixel to see if you snuck in the wrasslinMania Ex-7 grade.

I plan to finish it tonight. I won't watch anything tomorrow because of ELECTIONGEDDON 2016 and I want to have the election be a distinct delimiter if you weeell between renegade outlaw xtreme wrasslin' and the rise of homogenized, monotonous sports entertainment. Because I'm a weirdo.

No reason to trust Vince and co in handling her the right way especially since they value Dana over her.
They do? Bayley beat Dana clean and last weeks segment made it clear as day she's getting the underdog story and now Dana's losing to Alicia Fox on Superstars.

number47

And the New Day had a great run when they were going head to head with The Brass Ring Club and The Primetime players.

The second they won that belt back at summerslam they haven't had a a good program or match with anyone else.

They have been part of some of the worst segments in the past 5 years (The Old Day and The Fake Final Deletion for example). Getting by on promos more concerned with what they saw on twitter that day or trying to get a cheap pop by reminding people that Xavier read a comic book in 1996. They will get their cheers because people like the entrance and many younger viewers like the shirts but it still doesn't change this : Right now they are a stale moldy cake with a colorful sugar frosting on it. At first glace it looks fine and may even taste great at first but the more you taste it the more it you notice how rancid it is and it will give you the shits.

Usos at least could still work good matches even when they were the stale color cena merch babyface during those years.
I agree,except for them being in the worst segments. they can be forgotten. figured how they were getting would lead to heel turn to hold onto the belts. or just full heel after dropping them. but *i think it all depends on the politicaL climate of america*

imBask

Banned

that is not a good thing.
being over by yourself is what gets Vince pissed

Zach

how is Starrcade 85 not a must watch?

I dunno. You'll have to ask 2014 Zach.

The only show on that list I'd give an absolute F to is BatB 1995. Irredeemable. Not fun in any way that a bad show like HH 1995 or even KOTR 1995 engenders.

King of the Ring 1995 is not fun. If it's the show I'm think of. Which I'm pretty sure it is.

And what do you know, Man God? You've never even given a show below a C on your Bush-League Super Grades! You're the video game press of PPV reviews. Always fishing for free stuff and exclusive PPV coverage.

Also, a B for Bash '97 is pretty crazy. Dennis Rodman is the only real highlight; a real shame he became best friends with North Korea rather than stick with wrasslin.

You're pretty crazy!

Bayley shouldn't job until they have a heel to beat her up like Brock vs Cena at summerslam.
Bayley being unbeatable from the start wouldn't make for a good story. The whole reason Bayley's climb to the NXT Title worked was because she got her ass kicked most of the time but matured bit by bit to rise to the top. I don't like the idea of them repeating it (namely I have concerns for how they would handle her feud with Sasha if it ever comes to that) but I can't blame WWE for wanting to go through with it again.

Jamie OD

That segment is going to be edited to shreds when it gets broadcast. Videos on Twitter are showing it threw everyone off their game.

And what do you know, Man God? You've never even given a show below a C on your Bush-League Super Grades! You're the video game press of PPV reviews. Always fishing for free stuff and exclusive PPV coverage.

You're pretty crazy!
I love it! This nasty woman Zach is the one I fell in love with all those years ago.

Bayley being unbeatable from the start wouldn't make for a good story. The whole reason Bayley's climb to the NXT Title worked was because she got her ass kicked most of the time but matured bit by bit to rise to the top. I don't like the idea of them repeating it (namely I have concerns for how they would handle her feud with Sasha if it ever comes to that) but I can't blame WWE for wanting to go through with it again.
Why are you two spoiling general dicussion of Bayley's character?

You're making me paranoid!

Fox318

There was also stars around her that the viewers wanted to see more and the Bayley character wasn't over to what it needed to be. Also Bayley wasn't a good enough worker at the time of the triple threat for example to hold the belt. Now sheis over enough to be the person people root for.

Only reason we see babyface rejection from winning or looking tough today is Vince tends to value people whom nobody fucking wants to see in that spot. Roman wasn't ready for that rumble win and his career is still going through the gutter even though he has massively improved in the ring.

Bayley is over and her rise to the top does not require Vince or some suit in the back convincing people that she needs to win because they can prance her on the today show.

Outside of HHH and Ryan Ward I'm convinced that people like Steph, Vince, and Hayes just don't know how to book babyfaces anymore.

Its so fucking dumb that somebody like Seth or Y2J is being treated as a top babyface when they have done nothing to become one.

The modernday WWE babyface is a heel whom the crowd wants to see do flippy shit or make a joke.

Pikma

Banned
guys you know what just stop spoilering shit, nobody but the ones discussing the spoilers give a shit about what happens at a fucking raw show, let alone one taped overseas

There was also stars around her that the viewers wanted to see more and the Bayley character wasn't over to what it needed to be. Also Bayley wasn't a good enough worker at the time of the triple threat for example to hold the belt. Now sheis over enough to be the person people root for.

Only reason we see babyface rejection from winning or looking tough today is Vince tends to value people whom nobody fucking wants to see in that spot. Roman wasn't ready for that rumble win and his career is still going through the gutter even though he has massively improved in the ring.

Bayley is over and her rise to the top does not require Vince or some suit in the back convincing people that she needs to win because they can prance her on the today show.

Outside of HHH and Ryan Ward I'm convinced that people like Steph, Vince, and Hayes just don't know how to book babyfaces anymore.

Its so fucking dumb that somebody like Seth or Y2J is being treated as a top babyface when they have done nothing to become one.

The modernday WWE babyface is a heel whom the crowd wants to see do flippy shit or make a joke.
That's a good argument and I agree with you for most of those points.

To me, I think it's just NXT retconning where most that happened in NXT means jack-shit on the main roster unless you're someone like Balor who was shot straight into the mega-push and thus you had to make a big deal out of.

Kaladin

So glad I saved my Showtime free trial on Vue. Gonna activate it just in time for Colbert's live election night special.

Kaladin

That's a good argument and I agree with you for most of those points.

To me, I think it's just NXT retconning where most that happened in NXT means jack-shit on the main roster unless you're someone like Balor who was shot straight into the mega-push and thus you had to make a big deal out of.

Don't remind me of Balor. He was the chosen one. The KO Show was supposed to happen next year....after epic battles with Balor.

Zach

If you're wondering how long it took me to...

- Watch every pay-per-view and Clash of the Champions on the WWE Network with undivided attention through WCW's demise
- Watch every Saturday Night's Main Event
- Watch every WCW Monday Nitro
- Watch/skim every Monday Night Wars-era RAW

...it took
978 days.

Don't do it, kids.

If you're wondering how long it took me to...

- Watch every pay-per-view and Clash of the Champions on the WWE Network with undivided attention
- Watch every Saturday Night's Main Event
- Watch every WCW Monday Nitro
- Watch/skim every Monday Night Wars-era RAW

...it took
978 days.

Don't do it, kids.

Worth it for big poppa pump though

Further rumors are circulating that Vince McMahon was seen running around the roof of Titan Towers shouting "I created Trumpamania, and by god, at Electiongeddon, I'm gonna kill it!!!"

Pikma

Banned
talk as much shit about crowds like that as you want but I prefer it over the weekly raw show crowds that don't even know how to get a fucking chant going that isn't BOOOOORING or U-S-A

Top Bottom