• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Kaladin

wlventurafacts1.jpg

He'd get to the bottom of all this alien crap for sure.

jmdajr

Pretty sure it's come out that rock's a republican.

I don't recall which convention he went to, but I know he did.

Rock is smart to keep his mouth shut if he does support Trump. For real, he would lose a shit ton of fans.

"Global superstar votes for minority hating candidate!"

Fox318

The Rock gonna be President one day!

I can't think of one single political post by the Rock on this election. Not one.

Dude can't afford to lose any money! I mean fans!

You joke but after Trump anyone with a social media or cultural reach is gonna run regardless on if they have prior political or executive business experience.

Presidential candidates like Beyonce, Tim Tebow, or Dwayne Johnson will happen in the future.

Sephzilla

I still remember the night Ventura got elected as governor. The political world was legit shook that day and it was hilarious.

You joke but after Trump anyone with a social media or cultural reach is gonna run regardless on if they have prior political or executive business experience.

Presidential candidates like Beyonce, Tim Tebow, or Dwayne Johnson will happen in the future.

No way, not after they see the damage this campaign has done to Trumps brand name value.

Zach

Awkward nonsense like the dastardly heel getting his comeuppance at last?!

Sometimes I wonder if you're even the same man I bought a yacht for back in '07.

As everyone knows, I'm big on comeuppance. It's beautiful, comeuppance. Big, beautiful comeuppance. I can't get enough. But I would've had to have been invested in a trashy, gross, wholly creepy Vince McMahon/Linda McMahon/Stephanie McMahon/Shane McMahon/Trish Stratus storyline in the first place to have cared about the comeuppance. Don't get me wrong -- the pop was crazy and fun -- but I was also laughing at the fools who were so into that trailer park nonsense in the first place.

Kaladin

I don't recall which convention he went to, but I know he did.

Rock is smart to keep his mouth shut if he does support Trump. For real, he would lose a shit ton of fans.

The Rock went to the Republican convention in 2000, but he could have done so for Vince.

Fox318

He'd refuse to live in the white house and he would spend all of his time fighting with the pentagon to declassify intelligence documents from the 60s and 70s rather than economic growth.

I honestly believe if he wasn't such a fucking nut you would have seen more third party candidates winning gubernatorial races.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love how Tanahashi keeps falling for Sanada's dropkick spot. It makes sense because it's like a sense of pride for Tanahashi. And he keeps getting blocked.

jmdajr

Rock doesn't believe in sleep like Vince and Trump. No doubt he probably doesn't believe in handouts and "wealth distribution."

Hell remember, Rock become and multi millionaire with 7 bucks in his pocket. He didn't even know anyone that could give him a job in a million dollar corporation!

edit: GOP could use an all inclusive-Republican. Hell, it's not like experience even matters as a requirement.
Lay the smack down on the unemployment numbers and get your candy ass out and get a job!

Fox318

I still remember the night Ventura got elected as governor. The political world was legit shook that day and it was hilarious.

No way, not after they see the damage this campaign has done to Trumps brand name value.

Trump will have close to 40% of the public behind him and he will launch a TV internet network where he can control and shape the news like nobody else before him.

Plus I'm convinced that unless Hillary cures cancer in her first term she will start her presidency with record low unfavorable and she will be struggling to hit above 50% approval at the end of her first term.

He'd refuse to live in the white house and he would spend all of his time fighting with the pentagon to declassify intelligence documents from the 60s and 70s rather than economic growth.

I honestly believe if he wasn't such a fucking nut you would have seen more third party candidates winning gubernatorial races.
It is pretty crazy how he went straight to the fringes of society after 2004. He was apparently incredibly thin-skinned as a governor, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

Oh shit I forgot about that. Didn't Rock go to both conventions? Or WWE at least have a presence at both?
He went with Chyna to the DNC in 2000, but I don't think he had a speaking role. And his speaking role at the RNC was basically just telling people to vote, IIRC.

Any standout recent shows from any outside promotions I should checkout? Dragon Gate/BJW etc?

Big Japan's 10/14 show had a fun Strong BJ vs. SMOP match main event.

Big Japan's show from 10/31 features Strong BJ vs. Twin Towers in a Saikyou Tag League semi-final match and
Strong BJ
vs. Yankee Two Kenju (Isami Kodaka and Yuko Miyamoto) in the finals. It also had SMOP (Akebono and Ryota Hama) teaming with Abdullah Kobayashi against Ryuichi Kawakami, Shinobu, and Yasufumi Nakanoue.

Fox318

It is pretty crazy how he went straight to the fringes of society after 2004. He was apparently incredibly thin-skinned as a governor, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

He went with Chyna to the DNC in 2000, but I don't think he had a speaking role. And his speaking role at the RNC was basically just telling people to vote, IIRC.

He didn't even want to do the job.

He was fucking taking wrestling bookings and calling the XFL while in office.

He didn't even want to live in the governor's mansion which made it fucking hell for the day to day staff needed to run the state.

Re: Survivor Series IC Match

I can't wait for Sami to get 1/2 down the ramp to challenge Ziggler only for Samoa Joe to jump him from behind, destroy him, and take his spot in the match winning the IC Title and having a reign of violence over Smackdown.

Any standout recent shows from any outside promotions I should checkout? Dragon Gate/BJW etc?

Also, the AAA All Star Battle from 10/26 had weird matches like Akebono, Rey Mysterio & Marufuji against Brian Cage, Texano Jr. & Pentagon Jr.

It sounded like an entertaining show that didn't overstay it's welcome.

It isn't worth it at Mania. I paid $500 to sit in the lower bleachers for Rock vs Cena in Miami and it was shit because you're still behind everyone on the floor. I would have been better off up higher in the lower or mid levels.
500. Damn. I'm probably going to get handicap seats. I don't think I can do all of the hiking.

I'm really digging Don Fujii as Dragon Gate's kinda pudgy grumpy old fuck who does power moves on the other guys running at 100 miles per hour.

Loved him slapping El Lindaman all over the arena.

Kaladin

500. Damn. I'm probably going to get handicap seats. I don't think I can do all of the hiking.

Your best big money is spent at Mania on a lower level seat. The stadiums are usually done in a way that you can see over everyone in front of you there. If you're on the floor, it's gonna be even, especially in a football stadium. Even the bleachers on the outskirts of the floor won't help there.

Your best big money is spent at Mania on a lower level seat. The stadiums are usually done in a way that you can see over everyone in front of you there. If you're on the floor, it's gonna be even, especially in a football stadium. Even the bleachers on the outskirts of the floor won't help there.
Is this the same stadium as the rock cena? Or a different one?

I spent $650 on two tickets to WrestleMania last year. We sat on on the stadium seats by the 45 yardline at ATT Stadium. Had very good seats.

If I ever sat for floor seats for WM I would try for the aisle by the ramp.

A different one. I had lower level for the Mania at this stadium and it was my best experience seating wise to date.

Rock / Cena was in Miami, this is Orlando where 24 was held.
Oh this is the one where Taker sent people to the hospital. Fuck. Errr, damn.
I spent $650 on two tickets to WrestleMania last year. We sat on on the stadium seats by the 45 yardline at ATT Stadium. Had very good seats.

If I ever sat for floor seats for WM I would try for the aisle by the ramp.

The aisle seemed like best when watching on tv imo.

Dm, what did you think of this?

https://youtu.be/D_12qn29WKA

Kaladin

This is the best picture I have for where I was when I spent $500 on Mania tickets.

553555_10100120564355323_2016334344_n.jpg

Bleachers did shit to raise you up from the crowd, and you're behind a shit ton of people to see the ring.

Top Bottom