• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

So since Heyman already called Ryback (basically) a loser, does that mean he's gonna come back, call Axel a loser, and bring in a new "Heyman guy" to take him out?
xavier-woods-corey-graves.jpg

BZJd6beCYAEzBLf.jpg

Is Cage of Death XV must watch yet?

Cage of Death is always fun, and this time it's faction warfare style. Chris Hero is going for the title and mother fucking Freight Train in CZW! They somehow found a way to get me to care about a Greg Excellent match.

That does look like a fun show. Hopefully the cage isn't too intricate this year and doesn't take an hour to set up.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 9/27/99

TO THE BACK. A black limo arrives. It's Hulk Hogan! He's "mobbed by a group of fans", which is like 8 kids. Only one of whom is allowed to get an autograph. Sting shows up on the other side of the limo and attacks Hogan while doing a mocking little kid voice. BUT WHO WAS LIMO?!?

Recap of last week.

I'm sure the guy right behind Tony in a SURGE shirt isn't a plant or anything. We will have Goldberg in action and a Luchas de Apuestas match tonight.

TO THE BACK. Tenay checks on Hogan, who was being attended to by an EMT. He was heading into the arena anyway. He has odds to overcome, brother. Sting was shown watching this and saying he didn't finish the job.

The Cat vs Chris Benoit WCW TV Championship

Bobby goes HAM on how he's sick of people telling him what to say and what he can't say, how poorly the corporate offices are run, and how stupid and stupid looking all the people working up there are. He's tired of it and he's going to say whatever he wants to say. The Brain is back! This was all brought on by him saying he wished Sting had hit Hogan in his stupid head and parted what little hair was left. Tony said he sounded angry tonight, so Bobby just shit all over his bosses on national TV. Cat called any champion out and Benoit is the one to answer the challenge. Even though Tony told us before the match that this match was going to happen. It seems like they have a bigger ring tonight, but maybe it is because the hard cam is pulled back and higher than normal. "What did you have for breakfast today? Acid?" "I had Mean Flakes." Cat dominated most of the match. Sonny jumped on Benoit's back. Cat tried to hit Benoit with the ruby slipper, but hit Sonny on accident. Swan Dive and Iron Crossface for the ring. I can't wait for Brain to get progressively pissier all night. It should be good.

Sid hype video.

Vampiro vs Buff Bagwell

No ICP. Maybe they're done with the company. I hope so. Buff looks fucking ridiculous with some terrible facial hair and his air bushed overalls (and top hat). Brain might have fucked Cher the night before. "It's not very often we get to come to Atlanta, Georgia!" They had a Nitro in Atlanta not even 3 months ago. Brain called Buff out on his cheap heat attempt. I wonder why Vamp had the land on your feet from a monkey flip spot as one of his regulars. He NEVER stuck the landing. Vamp hit the Nail in the Coffin as a basic transition move. It was weird. It wasn't even called as the Nail in the Coffin. Buff won after shoving off a superplex and hitting the Blockbuster.

iFq3EPDM1jCbf.gif

As Tony and Brain argue, Dr. Claw speaks to Tony. We see a window floating on an otherwise all black screen as Dr. Claw says that darkness is coming.

A truly weird video of... Lex Luger's funeral. There was only one person at it and Lex's ghost was over seeing it. The ghost claimed that Lex Luger was no longer with us. It then went to the grave yard, where Ghost Lex and a woman in a black veil toss flowers into the grave. It was fucking weird.

iYtxezuu9vHoq.gif

The woman in the veil comes out to reveal herself as Liz, looking hot as fuck. In the center of the ring is the former Lex Luger, who apparently time traveled into the ring, Terminator style. Lex will now only be referred to as The Total Package. He even started in the Arnold pose from T1/T2. Then he does a long pose down with a spot light on him. The whole thing was fucking weird.

TO THE BACK. A trainer was telling Hulk the only he could do was to alleviate some of the pain in Hulk's knee. Hogan says to just cut his damn pants off. Sting walks in, hits Hulk in the knee with a bat again, and casually walks off. The trainer yelled, "WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?!?". Well, what do you think, doctor? The last 3 segments in a row were so bizarre.

i34syG4O7C82s.gif

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Dean Malenko

Sweet. Hopefully we get a super gut buster. Shane told Dean that the Revolution were going to watch his back. Dean doesn't want Shane's help and sends them to the back. In response, Rey sends the Animals to the back. Already dissension in the group. They start out with an extended indie respeck stand off that wasn't very respectful. A whole lot of super smooth and fast reversals. Dean counters a springboard senton with a sit out powerbomb. A split screen shows us that Sid and Rick Steiner have arrived. Rey won with a roll up OUTTA NOWHERE.

iyynFlqYfW0tQ.gif

Hugh Morrus vs Goldberg

Maybe Hugh will finally get his revenge. I believe this might be an anniversary match. Bill dominates until Jimmy Hart distracts the ref. Sid came out and hit him with a chair on the floor. Goldberg kicked out of the moonsault. Spear and jackhammer for the win. Goldberg called Sid out after the match.

TO THE BACK. An ambulance leaves the arena.

Diva Search stuff.

Evan Karagias vs Berlyn

Wall punched Evan. Alex won with a neckbreaker. Brad Armstrong came out again and got beat up.

TO THE BACK. Goldberg busts in a locker room and asks for Sid. Sid wasn't there, but the guy in the room gave Goldberg Sid's keys. Elsewhere, David Flair is calling people looking for Torrie.

West Texas Rednecks vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships

Tony talks about Booker being a multi-sport athlete in high school. That's not true. Tenay revealed on Nitro or Thunder that Book played no organized sports growing up and was instead in the marching band. Why are you lying, Tony? You're better than that. During the match, there was a Sprite commercial featuring Sting wrestling with a kid in a house. Harlem Heat won after hitting Barry with one of the titles. Titles retained.

i8Ex2DlvXLiUq.gif

TO THE BACK
. Goldberg was on the phone calling someone and looking very pleased with himself.

Rick Steiner vs Van Hammer

Lol. Hammer was supposed to face Sid. Rick Steiner came out and said nah, you will face me. Just like he did for Sting against Benoit. Main eventer doesn't want to job? Send Rick Steiner in his place. Charles Robinson prevented Hammer from hitting his finish. Rick won with the bulldog and a low blow.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Bret Hart is the guest and is here to talk about getting hit in the face with a bat and Hogan's injury. "Lex Luger and Sting, two guys I used to have respect for." At what point in his WCW tenure has Bret shown respect for either of them? Like when he injured both of them? Bret talks about respect for Ric and Hogan. Ric came out. Bret said Ric was the best there is, best there was, and best there ever will be. I'm sure that killed him to say that. Flair said they were WRASSLIN, then did a pose down, phantom elbow drop, phantom knee drop, phantom low blow, and phantom fucking. Of note is that Bret didn't mention any injuries from getting hit in the face with a baseball bat and showed no signs that such a thing had happened. Gene brought it up at the start of the interview, but Bret didn't talk about it. Last week we were told that Bret had a broken nose and possible cracked cheek bone.

ipUU548slp4xm.gif

Brain and Tony talk about the the hair vs mask match. Brain says he wants to see Kidman skinned. Actually scalped. Then he says he doesn't care what Kidman looks like bald and asks if anyone does. Lol. He's been awesome tonight.

TO THE BACK. David finally gets a hold of Torrie, who is in the Filthy Animals' locker room. She claims to still be at the air port. If David would just watch the show, he would have seen where she was. Elsewhere, Sid asks the guy for his keys. He was informed that Goldberg now had them.

Konnan vs Saturn

FUCK. Konnan is back to wrestling. I can't wait for Konnan/Shane matches where the winner is the first to get injured. When Brain says he only loves his job because he gets paid to do it, Tony tries to cover it by saying that Brain is a fan of pro wrestling and being able to call Nitro is the highlight of his week. Bobby gives no fucks tonight. Chavo hits the ring with most of the former LWO. They attack Konnan, causing a DQ. The rest of the Animals hit the ring, then the Revolution came out. Shane pulled Saturn out of the ring. Saturn almost hit him and had to be held back by Dean and Benoit.

TO THE BACK
. Sid goes to check on his car. Seconds after he left, a toe truck came by.

DDP/Flair hype video.

TO THE BACK. Goldberg sees Sid's car off and wants it back by 11 tonight.

TO THE MEAN GENE. DDP. Gene says he's a former 3 time champ. Lol. Every week DDP says TWO TIME TWO TIME TWO TIME champ. DDP randomly brings up being married to Kim. He calls Lex by Lex, after it was made clear that Lex is dead and will only be known as The Total Package.

John Popper was in the crowd and he...ate his beer.

Kidman vs Psychosis Luchas de Apuestas

Kidman tries to take the mask off during the match. That's so dicky and makes little sense to me considering he's in a stable with 3 men steeped in lucha tradition and history. I would think they would all take issue with Kidman trying to take someone's mask off like that. In fact, I would think that one of them would have more or less refused to partake in the angle since they all wanted to quit anyway. That's not a face move at all. Even in WCW, it is established that trying to remove a mask from any wrestler is a dickhead move. Chavo and Juvi came out early on in the match. Chavo would hit a tornado DDT, but Kidman kicked out. Juvi hit a Juvi Driver. Kidman kicked out. This is like a Cena/Ziggler match. Kidman kicks out of 2 finishers from run ins and still easily won with an SSP. He removed the mask while doing a bulldog, but we didn't really get a chance to see Hypno's ugly face.

TO THE BACK. Sting/Lex/DDP head to the ring area. Lex just stops, thinking there was a cut. There wasn't and DDP informed him there was a red light on the camera. Liz froze and Lex looked like a dumbass. Flair was also seen walking to the ring.

iv7RA2wvlbPKU.gif

DDP/The Total Package/Sting vs Ric Flair/Bret Hart

Remember when Tony made a big stink about how WCW delivers matches that they promote after Vince/Austin didn't happen on Raw when Dude Love interfered? I'm pretty sure they've gone 6 weeks in a row with having at least one match they announced and didn't do. Tonight, there are two they announced and didn't do. What kind of world am I in where a face Ric Flair is wrestling a heel Sting? Bret went for the 5MOD on Lex pretty much as soon as he was tagged in. Bret injured all 3 of his opponents in 1998. As Flair had Sting in the figure four, Lex used a bat to choke Bret. He then broke the figure four with the bat, causing a DQ. David Flair ran down and got beat up.

TO THE BACK. An ambulance is back with open doors.

As the beat down continues in the ring, Hogan hobbles down. He beats all 3 heels up despite barely being able to walk. It's just like Impact!

TO THE BACK. We see Sid head out to his car, but the show ended before we got to see him find his car missing.

DQ Count: 2 out of 10 matches.

This show was so weird. Brain was drunk and shooting all night, weird Dr. Claw promo, even weirder Lex Luger funeral, all the stuff with Sid's car despite him not actually having a reason to be at the show since he didn't have a promo or match, the casualness of Sting attacking Hogan with a bat (twice), Lex stopping and having to be reminded that a red light means the camera is on, Flair doing a pose down, Bret no selling getting hit in the face with a bat, Hogan beating up 3 heels on one leg, WCW again not delivering a match they promoted (twice on this show), no Scott Steiner after his return last week even though he lived in Atlanta. Every thing was weird and wacky, but it at least was interesting to watch.

PopfulMail

I believe I'm the only person who watched Smackdown last night and got enjoyment out of the guy in the crowd screaming "Slaters gonna slate" during the Union Jacks match.

Exclusive news; sat in a q and a and awesome kong just got asked about her time in wwe and said she wasn't here long enough but soon may have more experience of it

Sorry if any posts are duplicating the connection here is shite

Ignore me anyway

Fair play to Kong even being on tour her cousin was shot 8 times and killed the day she was due to fly out

Edit/ Chris masters just told a HHH is a dick story,, he was tagging with him against the big show and he told masters to try and body slam the big show and fail, HHH then tagged in and bossy slammed him with ease

Kaladin

I've decided my desire for a PS4 is just post-release hype desire. I don't really want one right now. I'll just wait till Spring when there should be an actual next gen game or two out that I want to play and walk into a store and buy a system.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I preordered a PS4.

Why.

I know 2 people who got em, 2 are bricked for different reasons. It wouldn't be so bad if it was easy to return it to the store and get shit done THAT DAY, but nobody likes to wait.

GolazoDan

I know 2 people who got em, 2 are bricked for different reasons. It wouldn't be so bad if it was easy to return it to the store and get shit done THAT DAY, but nobody likes to wait.
Yeah but that's America. You lie in bed with Microsoft half of the time, you dirty whores. Sony loves Europe. They love us. We'll get married some day. Right. Right?

somedevil

Man Devitt and Karl Anderson love trolling there twitter followers with all the Devitt and the WWE rumors. The new one is Devitt meeting with Vince McMahon with Karl Anderson retweeting back with next stop Orlando.

Jamie OD

Man Devitt and Karl Anderson love trolling there twitter followers with all the Devitt and the WWE rumors. The new one is Devitt meeting with Vince McMahon with Karl Anderson retweeting back with next stop Orlando.

The amount of people that still fall for it is embarrassing.

somedevil

The amount of people that still fall for it is embarrassing.

Well there is truth to it with his contract up in January and the WWE has talked to him. He is just having fun with it because of all the fan interest of will he leave New Japan to the WWE.

Right now he is being booked like someone whose contract is coming up taking all these loses and the next one in January. Though it sounds like he is most likely going to stay in New Japan unless WWE offers him something that makes him give up all the good stuff New Japan offers him.

Ithil

Well there is truth to it with his contract up in January and the WWE has talked to him. He is just having fun with it because of all the fan interest of will he leave New Japan to the WWE.

Right now he is being booked like someone whose contract is coming up taking all these loses and the next one in January. Though it sounds like he is most likely going to stay in New Japan unless WWE offers him something that makes him give up all the good stuff New Japan offers him.

They won't be able to get him just by offering a developmental deal (which generally pay about 20k a year) like they do to everyone else that hasn't previously worked for them, he makes good money (not great, but good) in NJPW, and has a good spot there right now. To get him to sign, they'd have to offer a good contract straight up, and also a promise that any stay in developmental would be short at most.

That's a promise they would keep if they signed him to a good contract, too, because obviously their thought would be why are we paying this guy 400k or whatever a year to sit in NXT. At most he'd be there a few months to adjust his style, and then up to the main roster.

I'd consider Devitt a catch. I know they have a lot of smaller guys, but he's a super talent in the ring, he's foreign but English speaking, he talks well, and he's highly experienced.
Hell, PAC was signed because Regal showed Triple H a match between PAC and Devitt in Japan (Dragon Gate, I think, I believe I've seen the match they mean and it was a doozy), and Triple H has presumably been interested in getting Devitt ever since.

Mengetsu

Devitt is the new Paul Heyman guy. It's happening.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 9/30/99

Pretty excited to be nearing the end of this project.

Juventud Guerrera/La Parka/Psychosis vs Los Villanos/Silver King

Here are the gifs. Hypnosis is an ugly fucking guy. I thought Juvi was ugly, but god damn. Not much happened. Hypno won the match. The teams definitely changed corners during the match and no one cared.

iwk2cncc8j7Ma.gif

Adrian Byrd vs Norman Smiley

Norman isn't fun when I can't see him wiggling. Big Wiggle! He got to do it on TV! Norman Conquest for the win.

ifC4DyCZegCWp.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE. Mona gets promo time! Brandi Alexander attacked her during the promo.

Brandi Alexander vs Mona

This was scheduled for later, but it is going to happen now. What's important isn't this match, but that there will be more matches for Havoc announced later tonight. Molly wins with a super rana.

Dean Roll vs Frankie Lancaster

Frankie looks like Hardcore Holly. Dean Roll looks like Colin Delaney. Instead of Sid, Scott Norton is the one to come out and powerbomb everyone. He's going straight to the top and declares himself as next to Goldberg.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Goldberg is the guest and accepts the challenge from Norton.

There was an ad for The Phantom Menace for PS1 that looked pretty incredible for a PS1 game.

Hugh Morrus/Brian Knobs vs Dave Taylor/Steve Regal

Finlay is returning, though as a manager and wearing a sparkly shirt and leather pants, which seems very out of character for him. Fucking Knobs. That fat, dirty cunty fuck head. Hugh pinned Taylor with the moonsault.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
The Revolution are guests. Shane comes out first by himself, with the other 3 walking behind him and looking pretty unhappy. Saturn says Shane better not pull that cheating shit again or he's out of the group. Shane apologizes to everyone. I guess things are cool now. Was anyone surprised that Shane was injured 2 months into his run?

Luther Biggs vs Bobby Eaton

I hope Ball State University sued WCW for Glacier wearing a BSU hat. Wrestlers changing characters and names has always been interesting to me. Imagine if in The Avengers 2, RDJ is in the movie, but plays a completely different character than Tony Stark/Iron Man. That'd be pretty weird, right? Eaton won with a neckbreaker. Coach Buzz Glacier put him and Biggs in a full nelson after the match.

Brad Armstrong vs Horace

Brad has dropped all trappings of the No Limit Soliders gimmick. Oh man, there was a Gameboy Color version of Mayhem? It must have been hilariously awful. The nWo is finally dead. And in typical WCW fashion, there wasn't a big angle or ending to it. It just faded out. Brad won with a Russian leg sweep.

Kendall Windham/Curly Bill vs Kidman/Rey Mysterio Jr.

Where is Barry? I suppose this is kind of a continuation of Rednecks/NLS. But with Virgil. Rey pinned Virgil with a super rana.

ibmbvZrYt5SE1q.gif

Goldberg vs Scott Norton

They had a 4 minute match. Goldberg won.

DQ Count: 1 out of 8 matches.

Tenay talked 2 or 3 times about new matches for Havoc being announced on the show, but they were never announced.

somedevil

Devitt is such a heel teasing all this WWE stuff just to resign with New Japan. I wonder what the New Japan front office thinks of him doing all this trolling.

Can someone explain Norman Smiley to me? Thanks.

Dude always creeps me out whenever I see him in anything and I dont know if thats his gimmick.

Kaladin

Interesting, I pre-ordered a CD on Amazon back in early November that had auto-rip attached to it, but canceled it and never took the autorip, but I just noticed the autorip MP3s are still in my MP3 account. There is no order for this CD or MP3 album on my account. Hooray computer glitches that give you free music?

Now that I think about it I think its his tights plus not wearing knee pads making him look like he is walking around in his underpants that is unsettling me.

Top Bottom