• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
The East Coast XPW shows are like ECW 2000, but even more boring and soulless. If you're going to watch XPW, you aren't watching it for the decent shows. You're watching it for the sleazy awfulness and life changing bumps. You need to be watching the shows where they are at empty rodeos or something and jumping 40 feet off of scaffolding into a pool of shit.

I fully support Paige and her selfie obsession

Paige-body-2.jpg

Paige-body-1.jpg

0331ccj6q.jpg

tumblr_mqa06zbJdS1ri0sroo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mq08j4dHjl1ri0sroo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mpxue5M9hs1ri0sroo1_1280.jpg

You could have waited a sec to get billed at the top of the page.

With this statement i've now realised that we've all but closed out of an entire console generation filled with mediocre or worse Wrestling games.
I'm so sad now, a whole generation of disappointment.

Yes this does include All Stars which is almost like a tech demo for what could have been a much better game, I appreciate the effort though.

I tried the All Stars demo once, had no idea what the fuck was going on, and deleted it lol.

strobogo

Banned
For all the money that WCW blew on the dumbest shit, I wonder why they never got the Big Gold Belt bend fixed. They couldn't just get a new one made? They used a replica a few times, but this is a company that would spend $100K to take out an ad for a show 3 days after it aired.

If only they would look that good.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they had a third of the roster and just focused on making the game good rather than bloating it with modes and 100 wrestlers, managers and divas that all look like crap.
That would also give them time to make unique movesets for the lesser amount of wrestlers like those in HCTP instead of everyone having Russian leg sweeps and moves that they'd just never use in general.
I remember there was a DLC Stone Cold for like 2009 or 2010 and his running attack was the HHH jumping knee strike, why? WHY?!

High hopes there when they can't even match the modeling prowess of their own earlier PS2 games.
The extra power of the next gen consoles will bring Yukes back up to Gamecube standards, Booker T will be saved.

I tried the All Stars demo once, had no idea what the fuck was going on, and deleted it lol.
It had some fun ideas and was suitably crazy after years of the games edging more and more on being grounded in a sim style. But after numerous multiplayer matches it became clear that the game was both limited and flawed in too many areas to keep matches interesting and the less said about the single player content the better.

But hey it had some hype video packages for fantasy warfare mode. It was more fun for a few days then any of the other WWE games this gen at least.

Aiii

So not worth it
The internet is really sexist and derogatory in general. The kinds of things people will say when a wrestler get injured makes it clear why people think wrestling is only watched by rednecks with next to no brain function.

KissVibes

Banned
The internet is really sexist and derogatory in general. The kinds of things people will say when a wrestler get injured makes it clear why people think wrestling is only watched by rednecks with next to no brain function.

BUT BRO! AJ WILL SUCK MY DICK AND STUFF.

Axel announced on Smackdown that he's no longer a Paul Heyman guy, then proceeded to get his ass kicked by the Wyatt family. The dream is dead guyz

Drink something AJ, for fucks sake.

Dehydration sounds weird in this day and age, it probably has to do with that concussion she got a month or so ago. The description sounds like a seizure aswell . They should put her in tag matches or have her accompany Tamina to the ring for a bit.

darkbanjo

The East Coast XPW shows are like ECW 2000, but even more boring and soulless. If you're going to watch XPW, you aren't watching it for the decent shows. You're watching it for the sleazy awfulness and life changing bumps. You need to be watching the shows where they are at empty rodeos or something and jumping 40 feet off of scaffolding into a pool of shit.

Right. So the West Coast stuff is where the drug addicted conmen meat is?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For all the money that WCW blew on the dumbest shit, I wonder why they never got the Big Gold Belt bend fixed. They couldn't just get a new one made? They used a replica a few times, but this is a company that would spend $100K to take out an ad for a show 3 days after it aired.

Hilariously they did have the belt re-plated numerous times, offering numerous opportunities to get it fixed originally or simply not have that flaw while maintaining the Crumrine work they all fell in love with. Instead the WCW prop guys just kept designing around such flaws, sometimes even putting bigger cubic zirconias on or plating over with new paint to hide other issues like holes.

Much like WCW's merch department early on, it was just about ran on it's own notice, poorly managed, and stuck in a 1970s little house in the middle of Georgian swamps mindset of territory days with sub-par resources and very little artistic value placed on them. Later on, the prop makers just didn't care about belts and were told to focus on other things like gimmick bats, headwear, etc over any belts in terms of what is important to fix. It's part of why they went with so many recasts in those last couple of years.

strobogo

Banned
Hilariously they did have the belt re-plated numerous times, offering numerous opportunities to get it fixed originally or simply not have that flaw while maintaining the Crumrine work they all fell in love with. Instead the WCW prop guys just kept designing around such flaws, sometimes even putting bigger cubic zirconias on or plating over with new paint to hide other issues like holes.

Much like WCW's merch department early on, it was just about ran on it's own notice, poorly managed, and stuck in a 1970s little house in the middle of Georgian swamps mindset of territory days with sub-par resources and very little artistic value placed on them. Later on, the prop makers just didn't care about belts and were told to focus on other things like gimmick bats, headwear, etc over any belts in terms of what is important to fix. It's part of why they went with so many recasts in those last couple of years.

Wait, are you saying they made multiple versions of the belt with the bend at the top or just that they kept repainting it/adding stuff and giving it a new belt?

We should all buy a bunch of Ryder merch and help get him back in the US Title hunt.

Can Cena overcome the odds and beat Del Rio in an arm wrestling match

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wait, are you saying they made multiple versions of the belt with the bend at the top or just that they kept repainting it/adding stuff and giving it a new belt?

The main belt, the original, had those metal gold/silver coloured played replaced several times over while WCW controlled it. Say one got scratched up, spray paint ruined the coating, or it was dented in too much, it would be replaced by a new one. Usually only when it blocked the "World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion" from being read.
The leather for the strap was replaced numerous times and they would just move the already existing plates onto it, unless a resizing issue was needed

When Flair won the title in 99, it may have been "the original belt" he wore, but not a single part of the belt in 91 was still present. It, like most long lasting championship belts, was a Frankenstein's creature.

When they didn't re-plate it, they would just hide flaws by repainting it or the like. Say for example when a wrestler won the belt and removed one of those cubic zirconia or glass jewels thinking they were actually worth something, the prop guys would just replace it with something bigger to hide the flaws or paint over it.

That changed later on. Outside of guys who demanded the "original belt" such as Flair, and Stiener who might have stolen the original, everything 1999 on were brand new belts entirely . Not replicas but still duplicates and cheap extras with whatever flaws were present when the created the mould off of the original plates.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 9/23/99

Last week was preempted due to weather. I wish that had been the case this week.

Recap of Chavo making a hair contra mask match for Nitro without even asking Hypnosis, because Guerreros are dick heads like that.

Lodi vs Kidman

The only thing worse than a Lenny match is a Lodi match. Get that shit out of here. Lodi is one of the worst dudes on the roster since Konnan and Randy Savage have been out of action. Despite being stablemates with Kidman, Lodi doesn't know that YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN. Kidman won with a BK Bomb. Eddie beat up Lenny and prevented Chavo from interfering.

TO THE BACK.
Harlem Heat were walking around. Stevie went down a hall way. There was a noise and Sid/Rick Steiner can walking out, apparently having knocked the shit out of Stevie.

Recap of Goldberg challenging Sid from Nitro.

TO THE TENAY.
He brings out Harlem Heat, but only Booker came out. Stevie is on his way to a hospital with a bump on his noggin. It's no secret that it was Sid. He challenges Sid for later tonight.

Brandi Alexander vs Mona

So weird. There are no plans to bring back the women's division or championship, and the ONE match that made sense (Mona vs Madusa) was changed a week before the match and never happened. So now they have Mona and decided, "Well, we're paying her, so I guess we should use her for something" even though that has never been an issue for WCW. In fact, they had been paying Madusa since 1995 and used her in nearly 3 years. Brandi won with a her feet on the ropes and they IMMEDIATELY cut to a promo for Hogan/Flair home videos. I'm talking like as soon as the 3 count was over.

Recap of Evan beating Blitz on Nitro.

Saturn vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Chavo is suddenly a heel for no reason I can find. He just came back and was wearing long tights, and everyone knows that Chavo in long tights means heel. They had an awkward match where they weren't on the same page at all. Saturn did a tiger suplex, though. He also did the submission that Rick Steiner has been trying to figure out how to do for 3 months and getting it wrong every single time. Eddie tripped Chavo up on the top rope. Saturn wouldn't take a win that way, so Eddie dropkicks Saturn, who collided heads with Chavo. Chavo fall onto Saturn's Neptunes and won.

ib048U9DMfHsz6.gif

Sid came to the ring and is now 99-0. I believe he was 85-0 on Nitro. He hasn't even had 20 matches since June. He called Booker a "bug eyed FOOL". That was his acceptance of the match.

TO THE COACH. Coach Glacier does some training with Luther Biggs, pumping him up for his upcoming debut on Thunder. Sometime.

Review of Sting/Benoit from Nitro.

TAFKATAFKAPI vs Van Hammer

I feel like I've seen this match at least 10 times. It sucks every time. Hammer easily won. Just like all of their matches. Hammer then grabbed the mic to SHOOT challenge the winner of Sid/Booker to a match on Nitro.

Revolution hype video.

Rick Steiner vs Eddie Guerrero

Sid caused a DQ. Kidman ran in and got crushed. Guess what? SID CAN POWERBOMB KIDMAN!

Evan Karagais vs Lenny WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Weird, this started JIP and probably half over. Not that I'm complaining, but it is weird. What was left of the match was pretty bad, so maybe that's why they didn't show the whole match. Lenny won. Title retained.

Sid vs Booker T.

Nick Patrick wouldn't allow Charles Robinson to be the ref. They brawled in the crowd for a bit. Sid hit Booker with a box of candy. Booker had the match won. Charles Robinson pulled Nick Patrick out during the pin. Rick Steiner then got in and hit Booker. Double team powerbomb. Sid wins.

DQ Count: 1 out of 7 matches.

strobogo

Banned
Lol at all you new console people. A few hours from now you're all going to be, "Oh. This is pretty much exactly the same as what I was playing last week. It's prettier, I guess."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Akebono followed me on Twitter. Funny guy. Told him to take care of himself.

So since Heyman already called Ryback (basically) a loser, does that mean he's gonna come back, call Axel a loser, and bring in a new "Heyman guy" to take him out?

LIKE MAYBE ANTONIO CESARO? GUYS, THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE.

Kaladin

Is Cage of Death XV must watch yet?

Cage of Death
Nation of Intoxication (DANNY HAVOC, DEVON MOORE & LUCKY 13)
v.
DREW BLOOD, MATT TREMONT, RON MATHIS & RORY MONDO

CZW World Heavyweight Championship
The Campaign's DREW GULAK (c) v. the returning CHRIS HERO

CZW World Tag-team Championship
BLK-OUT (RUCKUS & BLK JEEZ) w/ ROBBIE MIRENO
v.
Juicy Product (JT DUNN & DAVID STARR)

CZW Wired TV Championship
Murderers' Row ALEX COLON (c) v. SHANE STRICKLAND

#1 Contender for the Tag Titles
Murderers' Row (AZRIEAL & BANDIDO JR) w/ CHRISSY RIVERA
v.
The Beaver Boys (ALEX REYNOLDS & JOHNNY SILVER)

Tag Team War
OI4K (JAKE CRIST, DAVE CRIST & NEVAEH)
v.
CZW Owner DJ HYDE & The Front's SOZIO & BIFF BUSICK

Life v. Wife
GREG EXCELLENT w/MOMMA EXCELLENT
v.
CHERRY BOMB's Backup... $5 Wrestling's FREIGHT TRAIN
***Pepper Parks will be unable to compete due to instructing a DDP Yoga session***

Challenge Accepted
The Campaign's KIMBER LEE v. CHRISTINA VON EERIE

Cage of Death is always fun, and this time it's faction warfare style. Chris Hero is going for the title and mother fucking Freight Train in CZW! They somehow found a way to get me to care about a Greg Excellent match.

Top Bottom