• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

He split his own wig, now he's ready to split all ya wigs too.

BXi0LJdCYAAt3_o.jpg

Nooooo! The cornover is gone.

The most fascinating thing to me is watching reality television with certain people who believe that shit is real. I was watching a handful of episodes of "Restaurant Stakeout" (a show where restaurant managers spy on their employees because they think something shady is going on... but then something unexpected happens!) with the old lady recently and she was getting pissed because I would usually tell her what the SWERVE would be before the first ad break.

Wrestling has trained me to spot predictable booking.

The most fascinating thing to me is watching reality television with certain people who believe that shit is real. I was watching a handful of episodes of "Restaurant Stakeout" (a show where restaurant managers spy on their employees because they think something shady is going on... but then something unexpected happens!) with the old lady recently and she was getting pissed because I would usually tell her what the SWERVE would be before the first ad break.

I do this to my wife with the CW shows. someone referencing a dead person 3 or 4 times means that dead person is still alive, and will show up at the
next PPV
season finale

jred2k

Those "hidden camera" bad employee shows are the fucking worst. Theres one where this couple tries to help stores with loss prevention. It just so happened that the day they went there the store had like 18 shoplifters.

You know what show is better than Restaurant Stakeout?

Mystery Diners.

I love that show. It is incredibly fake but man, it is entertaining.

Jamie OD

We passed the goal line on our Kickstarter to fund the book about wrestling video game development in the US and Japan today! Thanks to everyone here as a lot of the pledges came from NeoGAF.

We're doing a development podcast series to update the book and discuss the recent interviews, games and such we have been dealing with from time to time, so I will do a NeoGAF centered episode where I'll invite people from WrassleGAF to discuss wrestling, video games and Aiii. Hope you guys will look forward to it.

You can still pledge if you haven't yet, still about 2 weeks left. NeoGAF's own Orioto joined to do cover art recently, and junkboy is also doing illustrations in the book.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

Thrilled to see this succeed.

Pavaloo

For bean breath

cTPACZN.jpg
Hahaha jeez, I wear my wrestling shirts out! I've only got two and I wear em to the gym, so far no one has given me any looks
just silent disapproval.
Apparently AJ collapsed and had a fit in the ring at tonight's house show in London.

Yikes :/

edit:
@ShirlShocked: Long story short- AJ blacked out and had a fit on the floor right in front of me. Was out for about 3 minutes before she sat up.
fuck that's scary

Jamie OD

Like a seizure?

That's what I meant.

"WWE Divas champion AJ Lee collapsed during a currently ongoing WWE house show in London, England just a short time ago.
Lee was wrestling Brie Bella when she fell and was immediately tended to by WWE medical staff. Lee was walked to the back after several minutes.

Obviously, the match was stopped.

PWInsider.com is working to confirm what exactly happened and get an update on Lee.

As we noted this morning, the current European tour has been described as exhausting."

All that XPW chat in here should have put me off but it did not.

http://i.minus.com/ib1YLS4GLrt5uy.gif
http://i.minus.com/iPOp2rkXQDklj.gif

Two matches in and I doubt this is even as bad as it gets.

YES! The Angel vs Supreme feud was just fucking ridiculous. Wait until you get to the scaffold match with Supreme vs Angel vs Altar Boy Luke. Supreme just about World Strongest Slam's Angel off of a 15+ scaffold through a table. One the dumbest, most reckless bumps I've ever seen. Supreme has to physically straighten Angel out to pin him, as his body was in shock, curled up tight in the fetal position. Amazing he wasn't crippled.

darkbanjo

YES! The Angel vs Supreme feud was just fucking ridiculous. Wait until you get to the scaffold match with Supreme vs Angel vs Altar Boy Luke. Supreme just about World Strongest Slam's Angel off of a 15+ scaffold through a table. One the dumbest, most reckless bumps I've ever seen. Supreme has to physically straighten Angel out to pin him, as his body was in shock, curled up tight in the fetal position. Amazing he wasn't crippled.

Where's the best place to start? I went with Hostile Takeover for no real reason. Is the West Coast stuff better/worse?

Where's the best place to start? I went with Hostile Takeover for no real reason. Is the West Coast stuff better/worse?

Some of it is better, but most of it is worse. The East Coast invasion has to be the only time Shane Douglas's influence ever improved a promotion. I can't recall any specific shows from the West Coast run worth watching, but there's one with with a Sandman vs Konnan match. Yeah. I think that's also the show where New Jack tried to murder Vic Grimes.

Man I really miss when the Smackdown games were good. I hope they get their shit together next gen.

With this statement i've now realised that we've all but closed out of an entire console generation filled with mediocre or worse Wrestling games.
I'm so sad now, a whole generation of disappointment.

Yes this does include All Stars which is almost like a tech demo for what could have been a much better game, I appreciate the effort though.

darkbanjo

Some of it is better, but most of it is worse. The East Coast invasion has to be the only time Shane Douglas's influence ever improved a promotion. I can't recall any specific shows from the West Coast run worth watching, but there's one with with a Sandman vs Konnan match. Yeah. I think that's also the show where New Jack tried to murder Vic Grimes.

That sounds like a big one. There's more gifs if anyone is interested but they're probably best not posted here... legitshook.com

With this statement i've now realised that we've all but closed out of an entire console generation filled with mediocre or worse Wrestling games.
I'm so sad now, a whole generation of disappointment.

Yes this does include All Stars which is almost like a tech demo for what could have been a much better game, I appreciate the effort though.

At least the games wont look like PS2 games anymore....right?

All Stars was prolly the best wrestling game released this gen. So disappointing in what could have been.

KoC2, FPR, and VPW2/No Mercy are still the king.

If we're lucky we might get Day of Reckoning 2 quality character models but in HD!

If only they would look that good.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they had a third of the roster and just focused on making the game good rather than bloating it with modes and 100 wrestlers, managers and divas that all look like crap.

Top Bottom