• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Kaladin

Jimmy Snuka almost certainly murdered his girlfriend.
Khali killed a man while training in APW.
Scott Hall got into a barroom brawl with a man and shot him in the head, killing him. (Note: The man allegedly was reaching for his gun, and hall wrestled it away from him and shot him.)

Chris Benoit's brain was turned to mush and resembled that of an 85 year old with advanced alzheimers post-mortum. As much as WWE likes to push the whole "don't try this at home." angle, they run away from the fact that the benoit double murder suicide is almost certainly a direct result of dementia caused by decades of flying headbutts, chair shots, and back of the head/neck impacts from suplexes.

A) None of those others were big media stories that I know of like Benoit was.

B) Of course WWE is going to distance itself from any story that puts it in a negative light...that's a perk of not approaching the subject at all. At least they have looked to cut down on the head / neck impacts in their product since then.

bjork

Country music died when the guys quit wearing those cool shirts with the embroidered lassos and shit on the front, and talking to their horses.

The last great country song was the Dwight Yoakam one about Bakersfield. Everyone since then is a bitchass, especially Brad Paisley and his video where he eyefucks Andy Griffith. Toby Keith jacking off in a men's room. Go be drunk on a lawn lower like George Jones!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who do you think did a better job running Raw?

67%WWE Director of Operations Kane
19%Raw General Manager Brad Maddox
14%SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero
Even the marks know Kane did a better job than Vickie just saying Excuse Me and Brad Maddox always making French Stewart faces and look like 'EHHH ME DONT KNOW BOSS'

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Interesting. For some reason I thought that pro wrestling influenced Britian first, but it looks like they influenced each other in a lot of ways through late 19th/early 20th century?

Do you (or anyone) have a good all encompassing history book on pro wrestling?

Ringside: A History of Professional Wrestling in America
The Wrestling by Simon Garfield. (British Wrestling for the 70s and 80s).
Say Uncle!: Catch-As-Catch Can Wrestling and the Roots of Ultimate Fighting, Pro Wrestling & Modern Grappling

No real "good all encompassing history book", but still plenty you will get out of those three.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's pretty incredible how fast Punk got AJ. He went from Lita to AJ in like 2 months. I guess he must have cheated on Lita with AJ? CM Punks resume is pretty impressive

I doubt that is the case. According to my Tumblr sources Lita and Punk haven't been seen together since April and Punk and Lita remain friends on social media, so there doesn't seem to be a bad break there.

However, Punk fans are very much like those Beliebers and will deny anything that might look bad for Punk.

(Seriously, if you want easy amusement, read the CM Punk tags on Tumblr and Twitter, it's better entertainment than Raw)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I doubt that is the case. According to my Tumblr sources Lita and Punk haven't been seen together since April and Punk and Lita remain friends on social media, so there doesn't seem to be a bad break there.
According to my tumblr sources, all of the Shield are fucking each other.

DMczaf

According to my tumblr sources

tumblr_mwdsnszRVv1sx191ko1_500.png

jred2k

I bet that NXT is just a constant wrestler orgy. All those wrestlers living and training around each other means something dirty is happening.

strobogo

Banned
NO GIFS, but worth a read.

legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 10/14/99

LolThunder. Kevin Nash has joined the broadcast game to bury everything on his last night as booker. The very first thing he says is that people have said he was a bad booker, but he booked himself in the best angle of all time (retirement angle), and now they've placed him on the announce team to recoup some of those funds. When asked where Hall was, he said that he hasn't seen Hall since he had 2 girls for sushi.

Buddy Lee Parker vs Jim Duggan

This is such a Saturday Night 1995 match. Sadly, Nash was pretty quiet for this match. Duggan wins with the Old Glory knee drop. Nash wants to know where Tenay gets the names for moves from.

Al Greene vs Lash LeRoux

Nash sings Al Greene songs before mentioning that the wrestler Al Greene was his second tag team partner. Lash gets a Cruiserweight Championship shot at Havoc. Lash was noted to have the sweetest side burns as voted by WCW fans. It seems the announce team had a debate on the Van Dyke facial hair style before the show. Also, Dean Malenko is actually Jerry from the Dick Van Dyke show. Lash easily wins with the Whiplash.

Recap of Knobs vs Stevie from Nitro. Apparently, there are actual angles going on on Saturday Night. Crazy. Next week's Thunder will have Lex vs Buff.

The Total Package and Liz come to the ring. Nash and Larry talk about Liz's tits. Lex blames the fans for the death of Lex Luger. He didn't get any get well soon cards while he was out hurt. "The Old Glory Torture Rack." Buff comes out. "That much airbrush should be against the law." Buff called Lex while he was hurt. And now, Buff wants to know what the deal with Lex and Sting is. Buff challenges Lex to a match that was announced just before this segment. Rick Steiner came out and Buff got double teamed before....LA PARKA made the save. Little known fact: Lex Luger is terrified of skeletons.

Recap of Kidman likely boning Torrie over the past couple weeks.

The Armstrong Brothers vs The First Family

Nash dropped a Bull Nakano reference, which gave Tenay a nerd boner. Old Glory moonsault for the win. Knobs called Harlem Heat out after the match. They came out. "That's not Booker T, that's Wesley Snipes! No, that is Booker T."

Recap of Revolution problems from Nitro. Nash made a video package narrated over Sid and Goldberg trash talking. It's amazing. Nash wants to know how a guy from Detroit (Rick Steiner) ended up sounding like a Southern redneck.

Horace vs Brian Adams

Old Glory mule kick from Horace. No mention of these guys being in the nWo together. No mention of the nWo at all. Crush wins with his shitty piledriver.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Lash LeRoux? Lol. Lash shouldn't be allowed to do promos.

Recap of the Armstrong/Berlyn angle.

"What's with me doing a job in the commercial?"

TAFKATAFKAPI vs Berlyn

Nash more or less says that La Parka got booked in the main event because so many people no showed and that's who was left. This leads Tenay saying it is an all SHOOT, all the time edition of Thunder. Nash claims The Big Shizzow is coming to TBS. It's a wrestling variety show featuring Hall, Nash, and a colleague. Nash is getting old and doesn't want to be bumping around any more. Old Glory Samoan drop. Old Glory German neckbreaker for the win.

A Meng hype video that had a random plug for the WCW hotline on top of the package for the first few seconds. Which is great since this show was edited for days before it aired on TV.

Luther Biggs vs Meng

Nash sings Barry White, implies that Meng IS Barry White, and Larry called Biggs "Riggs". Deathgrip for the win. Coach Glacier also got put in the Deathgrip. "These guys should know, no one gets beat after a sweet package like that."

Saturn vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

Halloween Havoc is Nash's favorite show because he gets to see his stripper friends. Old Glory Ruff Ryder! Larry started getting into it and continuing the Old Glory running joke. He's now Bruno. Nash actually got kind of serious for this match and started marking out for MOVEZ. Rey won with a roll up OUTTA NOWHERE. Saturn laid out the ref and Rey after the match.

Rick Steiner/Total Package vs Buff Bagwell/La Parka

Bagwell did an Old Glory choke on the floor. "I root for heels." The finish was La Parka getting his chair out and Buff hitting him with the Blockbuster for no reason. There was actual finish. No pins, no count outs, no DQs. Just Buff hitting his move on his partner and then the show ended.

DQ Count:
0 out of 8 matches.

Nash was great. It was still Thunder, though. The next Nitro should be amazing. Russo wasn't supposed to take over until Halloween Havoc, but the start date got moved up to the Nitro before Havoc. I'm pumped.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I have to ask strobogo. How well do you think WCW used Meng? Always so many stories about him outside of the ring just being one of, if not the, toughest guys in wrestling and yet in ring I still barely remember him.

I bet that NXT is just a constant wrestler orgy. All those wrestlers living and training around each other means something dirty is happening.

William Regal's heaven. Soon his separated formerly conjoined triplets will have new mothers and fathers in a line marriage, with plenty of half-siblings (who may or may not be conjoined as well).

Kaladin

Country music died when the guys quit wearing those cool shirts with the embroidered lassos and shit on the front, and talking to their horses.

The last great country song was the Dwight Yoakam one about Bakersfield. Everyone since then is a bitchass, especially Brad Paisley and his video where he eyefucks Andy Griffith. Toby Keith jacking off in a men's room. Go be drunk on a lawn lower like George Jones!

Sturgill Simpson, Dale Watson, Leroy Virgil (Hellbound Glory), Shooter Jennings, Dallas Moore, Whitey Morgan, Wayne Hancock, J.B. Beverley and Hank III have something to say about that.

However, Punk fans are very much like those Beliebers and will deny anything that might look bad for Punk.

(Seriously, if you want easy amusement, read the CM Punk tags on Tumblr and Twitter, it's better entertainment than Raw)

Um wow i just went through Tumblr I think I just found my new favorite wrestling site. These people are nuts. I just learned Dean Ambrose is attractive WAT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure theres a Botched Spot comic about wrasslin fans being gossip girls.

IS that before the strip about wrestling fans being hypocrites or the one where wrestling fans are being hypocrites?

Also that's what female fans do. Male fans complain and whine and keep watching and ogle the women. Female fans complain when their fave wins but mostly just gossip about who the wrestlers are boning. And they ogle the men.

strobogo

Banned
I have to ask strobogo. How well do you think WCW used Meng? Always so many stories about him outside of the ring just being one of, if not the, toughest guys in wrestling and yet in ring I still barely remember him.

William Regal's heaven. Soon his separated formerly conjoined triplets will have new mothers and fathers in a line marriage, with plenty of half-siblings (who may or may not be conjoined as well).

You don't remember anything in the ring because he wasn't anything special in the ring after The Islanders ended. He no sold everything and usually made people look bad in the process, so the only thing to do with him was having him beat jobbers and go down for a bigger name guy who you want to look like a bad ass. So I guess they used him properly.

Kazuya Mishima
22 hours ago

Vince: AJ you can become a WWE Diva's champion ..... if you become a WWE WHORE LOOKING BITCH !!!!
AJ Lee: OK !!!

>> Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Kane, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler

lololol

Showaddy

Um wow i just went through Tumblr I think I just found my new favorite wrestling site. These people are nuts. I just learned Dean Ambrose is attractive WAT

My sister has a picture of Ambrose on her wall but she's cut away off the WWE logo. She has no idea that I know who he is lol

somedevil

WWE announced a survivor series match:

WWE has announced a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match for next Sunday's pay-per-view with Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos and a mystery partner vs. The Shield, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. Here is an excerpt from their announcement.

I am guessing Big E as the mystery partner.

So the card right now is:

Orton vs Big Show
Cena vs Del Rio
Punk and Bryan vs Wyatt Family
Survivor Series match

Most likely they will add a Divas championship match and match involving Fandango and Tyson Kidd plus a Axel match.

DMczaf

WWE has announced a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match for next Sunday's pay-per-view with Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos and a mystery partner vs. The Shield, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. Here is an excerpt from their announcement.

i4hZ1wq5DeIsp.gif

UberTag

WWE has announced a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match for next Sunday's pay-per-view with Cody Rhodes, Goldust, The Usos and a mystery partner vs. The Shield, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro.
So will the mystery partner be Rikishi or Dusty Rhodes?
Or will it be a fake-out where they tease both Dads and then it turns out to be Bo Dallas?

DMczaf

So will the mystery partner be Rikishi or Dusty Rhodes?
Or will it be a fake-out where they tease both Dads and then it turns out to be Bo Dallas?

Well it is the 17th anniversary of Rock Dallas's debut.

Bo Dallas's time is here! (ignoring his previous WWE debut)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is Total Divas the reason Usos keep getting chances and PTP aren't allowed to be in the same room as the tag champions?

strobogo

Banned
This first Russo Nitro is so Russo it hurts (so good). There will be so many great gifs and comments. This is shaping up to be one for the ages.

Ultratech

It's true. So damn true!

OH GOD ITS HIDEOUS KILL IT

Why the fuck have raw end like I did last week only to then announce a regular Tag match and a somewhat less exciting traditional survivor series match? Why not just use the people in that angle?

Why?

Top Bottom