• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think PD was received fairly well, but Orta seemed to get a better reception. Could be that it was one of the first post-hardware Sega releases that was actually solid.

I still remember my first experience with the OG Xbox, they had a kiosk in a Toys R Us with Orta on there. My god, it blew me away.

Panzer Dragon Orta is one of my all-time favourites, it kills me that we'll likely never see a proper successor. That, combined with endless Morrowind and system link Halo multiplayer sessions are some of my fondest gaming memories. The OXBox wasn't a bad system, all in all.

I just found out that one of my friends got into a serious car crash last night, went head on with a truck that was on the wrong side of the road, yet came away without a single scratch. Crazy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Panzer Dragon Orta is one of my all-time favourites, it kills me that we'll likely never see a proper successor.

I just found out that one of my friends got into a serious car crash last night, went head on with a truck that was on the wrong side of the road, yet came away without a single scratch. Crazy.

Jeezus.gif

That's good luck, except for the crash itself. Man, that's crazy.

Wait, you mean the truck was on the right side of the road?

bjork

I picked up a copy of Orta last year for $7 at Game Dude, super clean condition. Tested it to make sure it worked, but iirc the 360 BC isn't proper and the game crashes after level 3, so I didn't play too far in.

Also, I understand there are two console launches in the span of a week, but these error messages are ridiculous. People need to go play their shit or go get in line for their shit, free up some traffic here.

Ithil

AJ....Get mah bags

tumblr_inline_mwfyzg0QzI1sol6xt.jpg

Good to know famous folk still have to suffer through baggage collection like I do.

miserable

I picked up a copy of Orta last year for $7 at Game Dude, super clean condition. Tested it to make sure it worked, but iirc the 360 BC isn't proper and the game crashes after level 3, so I didn't play too far in.

whaat? bummer if true, i just got the game a couple of weeks ago and i wanted to play it sometime this week

Kaladin

Raw Country tonight.....prepare yourselves to learn why I hate mainstream country music tonight. Florida Georgia Line is a band I could smell the stink of before they even got big....and boy have they got big. Shitty pop country is huge these days.

That's actually fine by me. Keeps the traditionalist country acts to small bars and venues and I rarely pay more than $30 to go to a show....most of the time it's just a $5 cover.

Kaladin

Raw Country tonight.....prepare yourselves to learn why I hate mainstream country music tonight. Florida Georgia Line is a band I could smell the stink of before they even got big....and boy have they got big. Shitty pop country is huge these days.

That's actually fine by me. Keeps the traditionalist country acts to small bars and venues and I rarely pay more than $30 to go to a show....most of the time it's just a $5 cover.

Also, they call themselves Florida Georgia Line, but one is from north Georgia and the other is from around Daytona Beach, FL. I'm from near the Florida / Georgia line....that's false advertisement. When you think of the south GA, north FL region, you think of bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd who made a name for themselves out here....Lynyrd Skynyrd they ain't.

Hasney

Oh, no, there's no mention of TNA at all. Just that Hogan Knows Best was cancelled in 2007 and Hogan got all depressed and all these shitty things happened to him.

It's the mother of all burials really, where did Hulk Hogan go? Well, he sure as fuck wasn't on TV every week doing this wrestling show for a million viewers.

That's a shame, I thought Oprah was going to shoot on TNA out of nowhere.

Was watching a Legends of Wrestling Roundtable on important moments that had Flair on it. Loved it when they were talking about Russo and he said "Now where is he? TNA. Where's that?"

About a year later was when Flair went to TNA. Divorces suck that wallet dry.

jmdajr

PS4 OS is slick/quick, but so bare bones. Plus no app switching is a bummer.

Downloading speed isn't so great either. Thanks PSN.

Outside of that, enjoying the freebie games. Hell I even started playing DC Universe. Pretty fun so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That damn GTO thread is going to make me watch live-action GTO series again. So fucking good.

Well I'm sulking, 50 hours in on my GTA save and I can't get any further, as soon as I approach a mission the game reboots, tried all the solutions they said and nothing works

Thanks rockstar

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fun is all I need. People can play that boring ass VF if they want a competitive fighter.

Well they don't all have to be boring. SF is fun and good for competition too.

Fighting games that are more fun than competitive:

Injustice
Bio-Freaks

Fun is all I need. People can play that boring ass VF if they want a competitive fighter.

Well they don't all have to be boring. SF is fun and good for competition too.

Fun is fine but lying and saying VF is boring is just wrong.

SF4 is anything but fun. Worst SF game and just a terrible fighter in general.

opinions and all that.

Hasney

Go to watch Starrcade 99 and the DVD rip opens with an advert for Souled out 2000 FEATURING spoilers for Starrcade.

Thanks, WCW/random ripper.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find UMVC3 boring because combos last forever and there's very little you can do once you get hit. I end up standing up, pulling down my pants, and jamming my controller IN my ass because that's how I feel with that broke-ass game.

it isn't actually broken, I'm just old

Hasney

Daffney just debuted. Starrcade rip redeemed.

EDIT: Sid just hit the worst powerbomb in the history of man and was "screwed" in a powerbomb match. There's no way that should have counted as a powerbomb.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't see how the best theme of the 80's besides maybe Real American can be underrated.

Here comes the ass, here comes the smasher!

gurudyne

Daffney just debuted. Starrcade rip redeemed.

EDIT: Sid just hit the worst powerbomb in the history of man and was "screwed" in a powerbomb match. There's no way that should have counted as a powerbomb.

Unless he broke Bob Holly's neck, it's not the worst powerbomb in history.

jmdajr

Don't talk badly of Mortal Kombat, it's the best fighting series. Ever.

MK was a fun game. The series succeeded greatly despite inferiority gameplay mechanics.
Great characters, creativity, atmosphere, look, music. Etc. It deserves it success.

jmdajr

Don't talk badly of Mortal Kombat, it's the best fighting series. Ever.

MK was a fun game. The series succeeded greatly despite inferior gameplay mechanics.
Great characters, creativity, atmosphere, look, music. Etc. It deserves it success.

Does VF have a live action movie with an incredible soundtrack? I'm thinking no.

MK was a fun game. The series succeeded greatly despite inferiority gameplay mechanics.

jmdajr

Why does every character animate as though they have a stick up their butt?

Number 1 thing that bugs me about that series.

Well initially it was because of the real life captured actors for the game. So the tech just wasn't there.

Now..I don't know. Tradition?

Any love for Tekken?

I stopped playing SF after they got ridiculous with 30 versions of SF 2. After that I moved on to Tekken. Nice competitive game but also a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tekken is a fun game, just don't take it too serious.

jmdajr

oh I know, I'm just messing around. I understand why people find VF slow and boring. Personally, I think it is the fastest fighter out there.

VF was always at the forefront of graphics hardware. VF1,VF2, and VF3 were all absolutely phenomenal to look at back in the day.

But yeah the gameplay isn't for everyone. Like me, I played way more Tekken, a game that was obviously technically inferior. It still blew my mind that Tekken 2 in the arcade and home on PS1 were identical. No doubt I hurt the lunch cafeteria's business with iron fist tournaments in my dorm in 96.

Top Bottom