• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Ithil

Nope. The only introduction he got was when he was getting into the ring by R-Truth to let everybody know who he was. It was weird.

That's....fucking stupid. How is that a way to debut someone?

Though come to think of it weren't Truth and Xavier a tag team at one point in TNA? Odd to see a TNA tag team reunited in WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Me during this segment:

Picture+9.png

gurudyne

No video package build up, thrown out there randomly, thrown out there with Rtruth to get the rub from. WWE has zero confidence in Xavier Woods

If that were true, they'd have Ohno'd him.

That's....fucking stupid. How is that a way to debut someone?

Though come to think of it weren't Truth and Xavier a tag team at one point in TNA? Odd to see a TNA tag team reunited in WWE.

I'm more of a fan of this style of debut than the thing they did with Fandango where they tease him for seven months and have him debut to silence because no one cares anymore. Which isn't to say it's good, but surprise is better than beating people over the head into apathy. Commentary kept on point with him through the match, which was surprising. They focused on his Ph. D. and academic credentials over his 90s style or anything else. JBL also continued his Clueless NXT GM character: "Oh, that's Xavier Woods!"

Ithil

If that were true, they'd have Ohno'd him.

I'm more of a fan of this style of debut than the thing they did with Fandango where they tease him for seven months and have him debut to silence because no one cares anymore. Which isn't to say it's good, but surprise is better than beating people over the head into apathy. Commentary kept on point with him through the match, which was surprising. They focused on his Ph. D. and academic credentials over his 90s style or anything else. JBL also continued his Clueless NXT GM character: "Oh, that's Xavier Woods!"

Problem with that kind of debut is it leaves the live audience completely clueless, since they don't have commentary to explain who the hell that is. But whatever, it's only the start of his run and he'll freshen up the mid card.

gurudyne

Problem with that kind of debut is it leaves the live audience completely clueless, since they don't have commentary to explain who the hell that is. But whatever, it's only the start of his run and he'll freshen up the mid card.

Clueless is fine. You can work with clueless. All Xavier needed to do was show up, distinguish himself, which he did. It leads into a true intro later on, like Smackdown or next week's RAW. Get it right and it can draw interest which can easily build momentum.

That still baffles me. They hype up his fight with Harper, puts on a great match with Harper and then...Released 2 days later?

To be fair, that match had been filmed weeks beforehand.

Ithil

I really hate how the commentary doesn't shut up for a second during the Wyatt entrance. It can't exactly be spooky when they won't stop yapping.

Ithil

Clueless is fine. You can work with clueless. All Xavier needed to do was show up, distinguish himself, which he did. It leads into a true intro later on, like Smackdown or next week's RAW. Get it right and it can draw interest which can easily build momentum.

To be fair, that match had been filmed weeks beforehand.

True enough, and to be fair I missed the segment. Guys like Fandango and even the Wyatts' first matches fell kinda flat because of the hype up beforehand.

Top Bottom