• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lucha friends:

zr5x8kS.jpg

Also one of the finest tracksuits I've seen:

wVvHhj5.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wasn't that Giant Gonzalez?

Nay, he was meant to be an Argentinian mountain man, even though it never really came across all that well. Also Vince's fetish of giants, muscles, and unintelligible speech during the height of action.

George "the Animal" Steele was pretty caveman-y.

I guess he does fulfil most of the tropes, but still he was always presented as a wild man or in berserker rage constantly or mentally damaged.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Afa looks so pimp. Very few people can pull of the shit and piss color scheme.

It's like you look at that...and you also know exactly how it smells right there. I just know that smell. It's good, familiar, a homey smell of a relative that you don't visit that often.

strobogo

Banned
It's like you look at that...and you also know exactly how it smells right there. I just know that smell. It's good, familiar, a homey smell of a relative that you don't visit that often.

I get the smell of a run down bowling alley, which is grease, wood, stale beer, stale feet, and hot dogs.

jred2k

Thats a really nice way of saying stale cigarette smoke baked in to a musty track suit.

RBH

So, as TNA enters its 12th year and its 10th with Carter at the helm, she's actively looking for that idea that will give the promotion the shot in the arm it needs and wants to rise above the comfortable plateau it's settled on.

Dixie still gets tweets daily from disenchanted fans who write, "Thanks for running TNA into the ground," but she can read them with a smile and a chuckle and think, "Thanks, darlin," in her sweet Southern twang.

"I want them to say those things," said Carter, with a wink. "That means I'm doing my job -- without really running the company into the ground, of course."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20131121/dixie-carter-tna-wrestling/#ixzz2lP8A4qZs

Kaladin

To be fair 1.05 million viewers is between one and two million.

When you've run your audience #s down to a consistent 1.06 million, that's pretty much going to be your mark fanbase that is basically going to watch any wrestling on television. TNA pulls the numbers they do because they're on a national network.

So essentially, until Dixie can pull TNA's ratings consistently out of the gutter that they are always in, Dixie has run the company into the proverbial ground.

She's just very nice. Seems very real girl next door. If that makes sense. I feel like I'd have a chance to take her out somewhere fun. Of course I'm married now, so this is but a dream, but hey...

KenOD

I've enjoyed Renee Paquette/Young for years, from her time on The Score to now for one important reason. She actually enjoys what she is doing with whatever sport or event it may be, and it comes across quite well that she is.

Far too many commentators, announcers, interviewers, etc just do awful jobs in my opinions because they don't act as though it's anything important or fun or even interesting (especially modern WWE commentating in English) and that harms my enjoyment far too much. In fact I downright think quite a few hate it. Renee? She got a company to change the opening to a show just so she could dress up as Goldust and act like him. She asked to do all those Raw Active, PPV twitter contests, etc segments so that she could be more involved in what she does because it's fun.

Most importantly of all, she knows how to make William Regal blush.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When you've run your audience #s down to a consistent 1.06 million, that's pretty much going to be your mark fanbase that is basically going to watch any wrestling on television. TNA pulls the numbers they do because they're on a national network.

So essentially, until Dixie can pull TNA's ratings consistently out of the gutter that they are always in, Dixie has run the company into the proverbial ground.

RAW's stable ratings and the PG era are going to lead to a massive tv deal this time around because the landscape has dramatically changed. Sure it doesn't get network TV ratings or Monday Night Football like numbers anymore but it's a very valuable and very stable show.

Renee Young's a breath of fresh air in otherwise bland WWE announcing team.

Either that or maybe we need more female commentaries.

I think it's all Renee, the robot they replaced her with on the latest episode of NXT is a pretty good example of it having nothing to do with gender. On another note; Bayley being badass in the interview that said robot conducted was the best thing on WWE all week.

Anybody have an xbox one and a ps4? I got a ps4 and im not really impressed. It is cool, but it doesnt seem like it will do anything different in the future. Are the graphics that much better on the PS4?

I ask here because I know I'd get slaughtered on the gaming side for asking.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody have an xbox one and a ps4? I got a ps4 and im not really impressed. It is cool, but it doesnt seem like it will do anything different in the future. Are the graphics that much better on the PS4?

what's your TV output?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Spend a grand on a gaming PC, less of course if you've got some of the components already. Of course you'll realize that it's just prettier graphics.

The PS4 is probably going to consistently get the better versions of multiplatform games, other than PC of course. I don't think either are going to be doing anything drastically different from what we have right now for a couple of years. That's when the cool games will start coming out. But I could be wrong if they're going to be announcing Fallout 4 and such soon.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
1080. I played pretty much all the launch games and im not sure if I could have told you they were 1080 or not.

I want a console that feels like its trying something new. PS4 is great but it still feels like a Playstation.

It's a console that plays video games. Not sure what you want.

I think the XB1 UI is a mess, I hate the controller - its a step backwards from the 360, some of the games look noticeably worse than the PS4 versions and thats a gap that will get further apart instead of closer (there is no probably to it - its just a more powerful machine), I have zero interest in shouting at my TV to get it do so stuff thats quicker to do with buttons and I barely watch any television as it is and again it's just easier to hit a button on the remote than trying to use the Kinect.

I think if that TV stuff interests you somehow than go with that. Otherwise just go with which system has the better games you prefer. Personally I think Sony exclusives were a ton better last gen and I don't see any reason to think that would change in the future. As somebody who loves baseball its a particular no brainer.

The cherry on top is also how much of a better service PS+ is than Gold. Resogun is pretty legit. And the $100 price difference.

Aiii

So not worth it
The PS4 is probably going to consistently get the better versions of multiplatform games, other than PC of course. I don't think either are going to be doing anything drastically different from what we have right now for a couple of years. That's when the cool games will start coming out. But I could be wrong if they're going to be announcing Fallout 4 and such soon.

Uncharted.

KenOD

At this point it's far diminished in how big of a leap it'll be based off visuals you'll notice instantly, and more what these consoles will be able to accomplish in the other aspects of graphics. How many enemies can appear on screen, how much of the game world is remembered (bodies not disappearing), more destructible environments , better draw distance (look into horizon of Killzone), particle physics (smoke, water, dust, etc), etc.

First round of home console games don't really show that much any more. Titles like inFamous Second Son will be better for showing you "visually" what can be done for new consoles with it's particle physics. Watch_Dogs for how much can be remembered in game, and so forth.

Top Bottom