• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

It's a console that plays video games. Not sure what you want.

I think the XB1 UI is a mess, I hate the controller - its a step backwards from the 360

What's wrong with the controller? The new analog stick grip things look better than the ones they have on the PS4, but I haven't really read anything about it. I do have to say that the PS4 controller is terrific. I absolutely hated the PS3 controller. Loose sticks are the worst. The PS4 ones are perfect.

Jamie OD

It's unbelievable that Renee is the only announcer/interviewer they have who doesn't sound like she's just reading from a script.

gurudyne

Bayley being badass in the interview that said robot conducted was the best thing on WWE all week.

ovQw73M.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What's wrong with the controller? The new analog stick grip things look better than the ones they have on the PS4, but I haven't really read anything about it. I do have to say that the PS4 controller is terrific. I absolutely hated the PS3 controller. Loose sticks are the worst. The PS4 ones are perfect.

I don't like the triggers on the XB1 controller, otherwise its basically an improved 360 controller. I only used the system for about 20 minutes while at a Mall though so maybe its something you'd get used to. Definitely prefer the DS4, last gen I did prefer the 360 controller for a lot of games because the L2/R2 buttons on the DS3 were really terrible.

I agree that the PS4 doesn't strive to be anything crazy, at least not yet. I fully expect some wonky shit down the road that probably won't work as well as they like through their inevitable Internet TV stuff and VR support.

It's a console that plays video games. Not sure what you want.

I think the XB1 UI is a mess, I hate the controller - its a step backwards from the 360, some of the games look noticeably worse than the PS4 versions and thats a gap that will get further apart instead of closer (there is no probably to it - its just a more powerful machine), I have zero interest in shouting at my TV to get it do so stuff thats quicker to do with buttons and I barely watch any television as it is and again it's just easier to hit a button on the remote than trying to use the Kinect.

I think if that TV stuff interests you somehow than go with that. Otherwise just go with which system has the better games you prefer. Personally I think Sony exclusives were a ton better last gen and I don't see any reason to think that would change in the future. As somebody who loves baseball its a particular no brainer.

The cherry on top is also how much of a better service PS+ is than Gold. Resogun is pretty legit. And the $100 price difference.

I think Knack and Killzone have been bumming me out. I'm not crazy about most of Sony's first party output. Naughty Dog being the exception. It's kind of like Sony will release a game and then shrug their shoulders when it's out.

The Kinect seems really interesting to me too. Although people have been saying that it's not perfect.

I think Dead Rising and Ryse (can't be worse than Knack) are enticing me to get one.

Aiii

So not worth it
I really need to catch up with NXT. I always manage to watch an episode or two before Hulu craps out which makes me not watch it for weeks.

I accidentally clicked on an ad for tampons last week and now Hulu keeps showing me commercials for pregnancy tests and shit along with video game and car ads.

RBH

It's kinda sad to see what gaming side has devolved into.

When I first came to this forum in 2007, it was such a refreshing breath of fresh air compared to the fanboy wars of IGN.

Now all of those console warriors from IGN and GameFAQs and the like have seemingly migrated over to GAF and caused the quality of discussion to drastically go down.

It's amazing how people can choose sides and get so riled up over things like sales figures and exclusive titles on gaming side. NPD is interesting to me from a pure business perspective, but people seem to REALLY take offense when it comes to sales figures and the like for their preferred console.

I don't like the triggers on the XB1 controller, otherwise its basically an improved 360 controller. I only used the system for about 20 minutes while at a Mall though so maybe its something you'd get used to. Definitely prefer the DS4, last gen I did prefer the 360 controller for a lot of games because the L2/R2 buttons on the DS3 were really terrible.

I agree that the PS4 doesn't strive to be anything crazy, at least not yet. I fully expect some wonky shit down the road that probably won't work as well as they like through their inevitable Internet TV stuff and VR support.

I'm not too excited for their VR support. Next gen consoles don't look like they'll be powerful enough to make it worthwhile. VR is something you really need at least 60FPS/1080p consistently with. Oculus Rift with a good PC is the only way to go for VR.

I accidentally clicked on an ad for tampons last week and now Hulu keeps showing me commercials for pregnancy tests and shit along with video game and car ads.

Hulu is trolling me with this fucking toilet paper commercials with people practically having orgasms over how great they are. No matter how many times I click dislike they play it over and over. Toilet paper isn't that exciting, guys.

gurudyne

It's amazing how people can choose sides and get so riled up over things like sales figures and exclusive titles on gaming side. NPD is interesting to me from a pure business perspective, but people seem to REALLY take offense when it comes to sales figures and the like for their preferred console.

To be fair, MS did some really polarizing shit for this new gen. It was always going to be a shit storm.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Look at people jumping on the BOndwagon like he's so awesome all of a sudden.

Bo is a lot like the Miz. I want to punch both of them in the face.

Due to the proxy and "identify as [insert other browser besides Opera] that I use to get full U.S. Hulu, it constantly gives me random adverts. I get all sorts of car sale adverts from random locations in the United States, a different movie ever week, sometimes fully in Spanish, just about everything other than the things which might appeal to me normal.

On the plus side, because they advertise a news program from Des Moines, Iowa, USA or Hollywood, Florida, USA, or Seattle, Washington, USA and the like, I'm slowly learning U.S. geography because frankly these just seem like strange places to me. Though it does confuse me at times when I get an advert for "Vacation in Baja California" and it turns out that is actually in Mexico

Anybody have an xbox one and a ps4? I got a ps4 and im not really impressed. It is cool, but it doesnt seem like it will do anything different in the future. Are the graphics that much better on the PS4?

I ask here because I know I'd get slaughtered on the gaming side for asking.
I have both....well I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my Xbox, but I've been playing my brothers console most of the day. It's fine. But you just have to remember, they both JUST released. Most launches are underwhelming. I remember playing PS1 games on my PS2 for about 3 months before anything worth a damn came out. I just realized yesterday that my PS3 was a paperweight for almost 5 months after launch.

I haven't played Knack, so I can't comment on that. Killzone, on the other hand, has never been good. They've just always been pretty. Ryse is much like Killzone....pretty and boring. Dead Rising is fun shit though.

But I'm genuinely impressed with both systems because of what they might be doing in the future though. They have a lot of potential
I guess it just depends on what you're looking for in a console.

And if you don't notice the difference between 720p and 1080p then.....I'm sorry I guess. I noticed immediately though. Especially while playing NBA 2k14.

Anytime I need a good laugh I just put on a Scott Steiner promo. Some of the most amazing shit I've ever seen.

Pcw owner says AJ Styles has agreed to come in for a title v title match on December 6th (against Lionheart - he's shite)

He says Dixie is against it though and trying to work her around

Renee's great. You really notice it when they change interviewers because hoo boy, Devin Taylor is as robotic as they come. All these women robots WWE has been hiring, where are they coming from.
https://archive.org/details/NXTPresentationSkills-11-19-2013
Someone saved the latest batch of leaked NXT practice promos, which were only up for a short while last night. So if you missed them, check them out, there's a couple of good ones (particularly Yoshi Tatsu's, Bayley's and Kalisto's).
Nice. Kalisto is gonna be sweet. Bayley's and Grey's were great. Oh and I NEED to see Simon Gotch on my TV or Hulu, like right now. Sawyer Fulton looks like such a goober.

Watched The History of WWE: 50 Years and Undertaker is bizarre in this. He's not in character and his regular voice sounds weird. Also they mention HHH was the locker-room leader during the Attitude era I almost burst out laughing. Also they have a mini Owen Heart segment in it. Its pretty good although some of it is reused from other documentary interviews.

https://archive.org/details/NXTPresentationSkills-11-19-2013
Someone saved the latest batch of leaked NXT practice promos, which were only up for a short while last night. So if you missed them, check them out, there's a couple of good ones (particularly Yoshi Tatsu's, Bayley's and Kalisto's).
Oh, and the Mojo and the Leah von Dale promos were bizarre. And I'm not exactly sure as to what exactly Becky Lynch's character is, but I think I like it a lot?

strobogo

Banned
I just had a level 4 inceptionized dream. It was crazy.

The first was me swapping out parts of my bed and moving it from bed room to garage to patio, and back to bed room. Then I was watching some Abe Lincoln thing with my ex-girlfriend and giving her a leg massage when (in the dream) I was awakened by 4 very loud sounds that sounded like gun shots. Now, in the first dream, I was at my house now. When I woke up, I was at my mom's house. I came down stairs to look outside to see if there were any dead people bleeding out in the streets. There wasn't. I went back up stairs and back to bed, which sent me into ANOTHER dream.

This one was a Seinfeldian episode with most of the members of the cast. The main idea was that George was helping Kramer with a girl (and eventually that switched). When it switched, Kramer charged George $38 and a month of cable for his services. But Kramer's girl had a bad habit of pounding her way through doors 4 times. After the dream ended, I woke up (in the dream) and went back down stairs to explain to my mom where I thought those sounds came from. I think proceeded to explain the whole dream I just had, which ended up being it's own dream that ended back at my house as I was telling ALL of the dreams as one big story with extra details added (like the last part being in black and white because the woman was a big mark for Universal horror, and included Larry David as a mad scientist, a cameo from Will Smith from 1995, and 3 of the weirdo neighbor women from Edward Scissor Hands).

I've had plenty of dreams with in a dream, or woke up and my next dream either referenced a previous one or continued it, but never have I had 4 in a row like that, even explaining a dream within a dream within a dream IN the dream. So many SWERVES.

Top Bottom