• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Ultratech

He got a new DLC pack

I know, right?

Also, I spend way too much time on this:

aZW5MTa.png

Oh, and Jesse - it's trolling, regardless, because you never offer ANYTHING else in this thread and are clearly just doing it to get a reaction out of the people in this thread. (Which I guess I've given you, whatever.)

Punk and Bryan have both given the WWE gold, though, and they've both proven that even with bad booking, they can squeeze entertainment out. They're top-notch performers. Whereas Orton and Cena are both content to ride the inertia of bad booking.

Regardless of why Austin left, his arc is clearly an educational one, nevertheless. That Vince refuses to ever try anything different than what made his little regional company big, 30 years later, shows a total lack of vision. He's lost what got him where he is in the first place.

Honestly, I think Bryan has been a horrible character since Summerslam and Punk has only been OK since he was basically in his own universe, being booked by himself and Heyman. So, I disagree whether they've been wringing out entertainment, except in the ring.

Considering the WWE is likely to get their biggest TV rights deal in history in the next year or two, I think Vince would disagree that he has a lack of vision. His vision just doesn't line up with yours.

Ithil

Honestly, I think Bryan has been a horrible character since Summerslam and Punk has only been OK since he was basically in his own universe, being booked by himself and Heyman. So, I disagree whether they've been wringing out entertainment, except in the ring.

Considering the WWE is likely to get their biggest TV rights deal in history in the next year or two, I think Vince would disagree that he has a lack of vision. His vision just doesn't line up with yours.

His vision doesn't line up with good ratings either.

His vision doesn't line up with good ratings either.

Would you rather get a 3.0 and 250 million dollars in 2013 or a 5.0 and 100 million dollars in 1995? Everything is becoming niche and Vince is just riding that train. Now, I think pushing that TV rights money into the WWE network is a horrible idea, but blaming Vince for being unable to stop falling ratings in comparison to ten years ago is sort of silly when same-day ratings for virtually all shows are down.

Sarcastic Bryan wasn't great, but he was at least likable where Cena is a pandering chucklehead. And even when the Punk/Heyman feud got dull, both Punk and Heyman were at least giving it their all and got some good promos out between the two of them.

Vince can disagree with whatever he likes, but there's a difference between growing a business and truly being forward-thinking and looking to the future. He had that when he was young, but he's clearly ossified and lacks any sense of daring, given the way he books these days.

Edit: and considering ratings pretty much always went UP during Bryan's segments after Summerslam, I don't know how one could come to the conclusion that he couldn't draw or be good for business. Casuals were enjoying him just as much as the IWC. The same was true during the Summer of Punk.

strobogo

Banned
WWE makes way more from television rights and ads per year than PPVs, right? PPVs seem like bonus money from an outdated system.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Xavier Woods is hype for Persona 5. He's okay in my book.

Xavier Woods ‏@XavierWoodsPhD 23 Nov
@GameInMyVein omg a new Persona game, I'm totally ok with that

Your fiance just got abducted by a bunch of hillbillies you dumb bitch, and you're getting an autograph from a football player.

Fake edit: Oh shit, Goldust :lol

Pavaloo

LOL goldust

edit: I agree, Brie should be livid at Michael Strahan for allowing the Wyatts to run wild tonight. IS HE EVEN DOING HIS GUEST DUTIES?!

WWE makes way more from television rights and ads per year than PPVs, right? PPVs seem like bonus money from an outdated system.

That's what I thought, which is why it's so silly to me that the guy who GOT ratings despite not having "the look" is being blamed for PPV buyrates that aren't even their primary source of income, anyway.

Edit: OLD GOLDUST! Finally!

Top Bottom