• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Do you have ANYTHING to add other than trolling?

Edit: this match is pretty sweet so far.

Why is it trolling to have an experience about wrestling beyond the last nine months of love for the latest IWC Love of the Moment. Please, I've lived through the 'push the cruiserweights' and the 'Benoit vs. Jericho should wrestle every week' years.

Danielson and Punk are both fantastic wrestlers. Neither of them are long-term top guys. I'd prefer for them to be, but in my heart, I know Roman Reigns vs. Big E. Langston at Wrestlemania XXXV is what's best for business.

I want to avatar quote you so bad.
Everyone wants too. I will switch back to Michael soon

"I hear your new"
tumblr_mwso39rQto1s588h8o1_400.gif

"Im gonna fuck her"
tumblr_mwsoayf25c1s588h8o1_400.gif
Is that from last night?

Ithil

Why is it trolling to have an experience about wrestling beyond the last nine months of love for the latest IWC Love of the Moment. Please, I've lived through the 'push the cruiserweights' and the 'Benoit vs. Jericho should wrestle every week' years.

Danielson and Punk are both fantastic wrestlers. Neither of them are long-term top guys. I'd prefer for them to be, but in my heart, I know Roman Reigns vs. Big E. Langston at Wrestlemania XXXV is what's best for business.

Pulling the "I am so much more experienced you know" card makes you sound like even more of a troll. I can't imagine you are seriously using that fallacy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
JakeSnakeDDT ‏@JakeSnakeDDT 21m
Unification? So titles will mean something again? I dont even know who the US champion is.

EDIT:

JakeSnakeDDT ‏@JakeSnakeDDT 24m
There in Long Island? Please tell me there have been a bunch @ZackRyder chants. Kid deserves another push. Like him alot.

UberTag

By that logic, Shawn Michaels should have just skipped Mania most years. Dude was clearly too small. Could never buy him beating the likes of a Kevin Nash or Undertaker.

Pulling the "I am so much more experienced you know" card makes you sound like even more of a troll. I can't imagine you are seriously using that fallacy.

Well, when you've people honestly thinking Damien Sandow should be a main eventer, you sometimes have to slap the children to their senses. Or maybe standards have fallen that much.

JakeSnakeDDT ‏@JakeSnakeDDT 21m
Unification? So titles will mean something again? I dont even know who the US champion is.

Just when I think somebody needs to give Jake a place in the writing room because of his vast knowledge of wrasslin' psychology...

JakeSnakeDDT ‏@JakeSnakeDDT 24m
There in Long Island? Please tell me there have been a bunch @ZackRyder chants. Kid deserves another push. Like him alot.

...he says something like this that makes me wonder if the crack killed too many brain cells.

Ithil

Well, when you've people honestly thinking Damien Sandow should be a main eventer, you sometimes have to slap the children to their senses. Or maybe standards have fallen that much.

What the fuck has Damien Sandow got to do with Bryan and Punk? Our current main event is Orton, Del Rio, Cena and Big Show. Bryan and Punk are better than any of those, and thus they are main event level guys.
This "not long term" is a lot of crap.

By that logic, Shawn Michaels should have just skipped Mania most years. Dude was clearly too small. Could never buy him beating the likes of a Kevin Nash or Undertaker.

Well, Shawn Michaels was one of the the worst drawing WWF Champions of all-time. But HBK had more charisma, a better look, and bluntly, when he was being pushed as the guy in the mid-90's, had packed on 30-40 pounds of extra muscle via various means.

Again, I'm not saying neither Bryan nor Punk can't be in the main event picture. But, neither of them are going to be the "guy." Just like frankly, HBK wasn't a long-term guy. Austin was The Man and he was a lot closer to the typical top WWF Face than Michaels was.

What the fuck has Damien Sandow got to do with Bryan and Punk?

Because many of the people acting as if Punk & Bryan being in an upper midcard position is the worst injustice in history are the same people acting as if Sandow failing to beat Cena was the previous worst injustice in history.

Because it's the same ridiculous, out-of-date idea that has been proven wrong time and again. What's "Best for Business" is to put out entertaining, consistent programming that makes people want to buy your expensive fucking PPVs. Punk and Bryan are both more than capable of doing that to a far greater extent than anybody working right now except, perhaps, Cena, who got there mostly by attrition, i.e. being pushed even when the crowd had already turned on him.

I don't even disagree about Reigns vs. Langston, but that's five YEARS from now. We have to live with this shit right now, and in the years leading up to it.

Edit: And the thing about Austin is he was really only "the guy" for a few years, and he's still beloved. THAT should have been the lesson of the Attitude Era - strike while the iron's hot, make what money there is to be made, then move on when you need to. The idea of the same guy being at the top of the company for a decade makes NO sense in the modern era, and your need to constantly come in here and act like you know SOOOOOO much more about "This Business" than us IWC scrubs only ends up making you look like a bit of a tool, to be honest.

DiscoJon

Banned
Because many of the people acting as if Punk & Bryan being in an upper midcard position is the worst injustice in history are the same people acting as if Sandow failing to beat Cena was the previous worst injustice in history.

It was the WAY that Cena beat Sandow. Not the fact that he was beat by Cena, but the fact that Cena did it WITH ONE ARM.

Well, Shawn Michaels was one of the the worst drawing WWF Champions of all-time. But HBK had more charisma, a better look, and bluntly, when he was being pushed as the guy in the mid-90's, had packed on 30-40 pounds of extra muscle via various means.

Again, I'm not saying neither Bryan nor Punk can't be in the main event picture. But, neither of them are going to be the "guy." Just like frankly, HBK wasn't a long-term guy. Austin was The Man and he was a lot closer to the typical top WWF Face than Michaels was.

It sucked to watch because Sandow is entertaining, works hard, and could be really big in the future if given the right kind of push. Whereas Cena is boring, phones it in most weeks, and already has looked strong against literally every other wrestler of the previous decade. He didn't need to beat a promising young guy with one arm, turn him into "the guy who lost his MITB cash-in". It was a throwing away of the future for little to no gain in the present, and it was extremely stupid. It was emotionally frustrating because Sandow has worked his ass off to be a great, entertaining wrestler and character and is consistently one of the best parts of any show he's on.

Because it's the same ridiculous, out-of-date idea that has been proven wrong time and again. What's "Best for Business" is to put out entertaining, consistent programming that makes people want to buy your expensive fucking PPVs. Punk and Bryan are both more than capable of doing that to a far greater extent than anybody working right now except, perhaps, Cena, who got there mostly by attrition, i.e. being pushed even when the crowd had already turned on him.

I don't even disagree about Reigns vs. Langston, but that's five YEARS from now. We have to live with this shit right now, and in the years leading up to it.

Edit: And the thing about Austin is he was really only "the guy" for a few years, and he's still beloved. THAT should have been the lesson of the Attitude Era - strike while the iron's hot, make what money there is to be made, then move on when you need to. The idea of the same guy being at the top of the company for a decade makes NO sense in the modern era, and your need to constantly come in here and act like you know SOOOOOO much more about "This Business" than us IWC scrubs only ends up making you look like a bit of a tool, to be honest.

I'm not even disagreeing that current WWE storytelling is bad. But, I do disagree that neither Cena nor Orton could be compelling characters or that if Punk 'n' Bryan were in the main event, their characters would be better. We'd have better matches, which is fine in isolation. There are plenty of great WCW matches in isolation.

As for Austin, the only reason they've moved form his is well, Austin's neck got destroyed. Don't be naive, if Austin hadn't gotten so injured he couldn't work anymore, he would've been in the main event for years, just like Cena has been. And Hogan was. And Bruno was.

So, if you want change to new main eventers, hope for a massive long-term back injury to Cena. Because prior history has shows that the WWE will drain somebody 'til they're dry.

strobogo

Banned
Does anyone actually remember learning how to read? It trips me out that I don't remember a time when I couldn't read and I don't remember how I learned.

I'm not even disagreeing that current WWE storytelling is bad. But, I do disagree that neither Cena nor Orton could be compelling characters or that if Punk 'n' Bryan were in the main event, their characters would be better. We'd have better matches, which is fine in isolation. There are plenty of great WCW matches in isolation.

As for Austin, the only reason they've moved form his is well, Austin's neck got destroyed. Don't be naive, if Austin hadn't gotten so injured he couldn't work anymore, he would've been in the main event for years, just like Cena has been. And Hogan was. And Bruno was.

So, if you want change to new main eventers, hope for a massive long-term back injury to Cena. Because prior history has shows that the WWE will drain somebody 'til they're dry.

Punk and Bryan have both given the WWE gold, though, and they've both proven that even with bad booking, they can squeeze entertainment out. They're top-notch performers. Whereas Orton and Cena are both content to ride the inertia of bad booking.

Regardless of why Austin left, his arc is clearly an educational one, nevertheless. That Vince refuses to ever try anything different than what made his little regional company big, 30 years later, shows a total lack of vision. He's lost what got him where he is in the first place.

Top Bottom