• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Anth0ny

Words can't express how awful this is. Not just this segment tonight, but the entire handling of the NeoCorporation. How in the hell is the Big Show in this position in the angle? Like.....................are they serious right now?

Am I really watching this?

IN 2013

I can't wrap my head around corperate Kane. He's meant to have been a monster for his entire life in the WWE and tonight he just came out as some dude?

They could have easily cut that whole segment down by 5 minutes (overrun was 10 minutes). Just cut out most of that horrible exchange in the beginning with Show and HHH.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The worst part to me is how they won't even have Bryan acknowledge how bad he got fucked over and how moronic it is that Show gets a shot at the title he was screwed out of (again) by filing a fucking lawsuit against the company.

He's got more important things to worry about like the Wyatts.

The only thing that makes sense is if all of this is to push The Shield, everyone else is too old. This could benefit Orton too but he is basically a shell to hold HHHs WWE Title.

This whole storyline is to push HHHs ego and he will come out on top in the end

Kaladin

Words can't express how awful this is. Not just this segment tonight, but the entire handling of the NeoCorporation. How in the hell is the Big Show in this position in the angle? Like.....................are they serious right now?

I know...this was supposed to be Daniel Bryan.....yet they cut him off and replaced him with fucking Big Show.

And now they've even thrown Kane in the corporation.....let me remind you....

WOW....never knew about that side of Kane. He's a good public speaker. We need Kane as a heel in a suit now.

not-like-this-gif.gif

I don't know how they re-wrote Daniel Bryan's push into Big Show's but fuck this company......again.

I can give two fucks about Big Show and this doesn't change anything.

gurudyne

I'm hoping these are the post Summerslam-fallout-period holding pattern feuds before the storyline kicks into gear for Road to WM. Tag to build up Punk and Bryan as serious competitors again after the Punkverse/Sarcasm!Bryan meanderings, the Wyatts to keep them hooked into the mainline while giving us something fresh and entertaining on the mic to get the bad guys over as a new ministry, and an oddly well-pushed Big Show to build up ME momentum before losing to the Authority, cementing them as threats through TLC/RR's WWE championship match.

Basically, if everything happening now is just to prime the pump, I'm okay with it. Otherwise having Show use the Yes chant is something else we can add to the WWE's Big List of Stupid Decisions: taking characters' gimmicks/personalities and swapping them between wrestlers (see also: Sandow).

Joeki11a

Banned
The worst part to me is how they won't even have Bryan acknowledge how bad he got fucked over and how moronic it is that Show gets a shot at the title he was screwed out of (again) by filing a fucking lawsuit against the company.

He's got more important things to worry about like the Wyatts.

wtf are you expecting for DB to be top guy in wwe?, are you crazy that isnt happening ever

DominoKid

people actually got paid to write this bullshit!

between Big Show saying "say it again for me" a million times and HHH making a match at 11:05, it hit me that they have no fucking clue that what they're doing now fucking sucks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wtf are you expecting for DB to be top guy in wwe?, are you crazy that isnt happening ever

No I just wanted an actual conclusion to this DB storyline but they dropped it because the ratings sank as if it was Bryan's fault.

Clearly replacing Bryan with Show and repeating the same exact story will of the past few months will lead to better ratings.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Just finished Raw. it was decent, the finish did suck.

Also I just realized, Luke Harper fought CM Punk today, and will be fighting Kassius Ohno at NXT on Wednesday, and Daniel Bryan at Smackdown on Friday.

IT'S LUKE HARPER VS THE WORLD!!!!

Anth0ny

do they really think they're going to sell survivor series around orton vs. big show as the main event? seriously? doesn't hunter/big show make more sense, at LEAST?

am I underestimating how much little jimmies like big show?

Ithil

Just finished Raw. it was decent, the finish did suck.

Also I just realized, CM Punk fought Luke Harper today, and will be fighting Kassius Ohno at NXT on Wednesday, and Daniel Bryan at Smackdown on Friday.

IT'S LUKE HARPER VS THE WORLD!!!!

I'm glad they're doing this little mini-singles run with Harper down on NXT. He's got a bigger future than just being a Wyatt lackey.

I'm hoping these are the post Summerslam-fallout-period holding pattern feuds before the storyline kicks into gear for Road to WM. Tag to build up Punk and Bryan as serious competitors again after the Punkverse/Sarcasm!Bryan meanderings, the Wyatts to keep them hooked into the mainline while giving us something fresh and entertaining on the mic to get the bad guys over as a new ministry, and an oddly well-pushed Big Show to build up ME momentum before losing to the Authority, cementing them as threats through TLC/RR's WWE championship match.

Basically, if everything happening now is just to prime the pump, I'm okay with it. Otherwise having Show use the Yes chant is something else we can add to the WWE's Big List of Stupid Decisions: taking characters' gimmicks/personalities and swapping them between wrestlers (see also: Sandow).

When was the last time that they actually took a break mid-fued only to heat it up months later successfully? I have negative faith in their short term booking, so needless to say it's hard for me to see them doing what you've proposed.

I dunno breh.

Whatever though, PS4 next Friday. Can't even be bothered with WWE Terribleness™ right now.

lol at the outrage. narrative went that Bryan was given ample chances to recapture the belt and never did, thus proving HHH theory that he is B (B? let's call him C) player. and guess what, marks, heels win feuds too.

now he's back to midcard hell with a guy who barely moved the ratings needle when he was champion.

we told you, Bryan is nothing more than a tool to get Evil COO HHH over but you didn't believe it.

"oh, it's a slow build up" hahahahaha.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
I'm glad they're doing this little mini-singles run with Harper down on NXT. He's got a bigger future than just being a Wyatt lackey.

well, the reason they're fighting is because the wyatts are the in story excuse for Ohno being off TV for a while. Fantasy Booking says that this feud between the wyatts, Punk and Bryan, would be the way to bring Ohno to Raw, since they're outnumbered by one. But sadly that won't happen :(

Kaladin

Tonight did it. I'm rooting for The Corporate 3H Club. I've never cared about Big Show. Ever. He puts me to sleep. So I root for the Corporate 3H Club.

#TeamH

lol at the outrage. narrative went that Bryan was given ample chances to recapture the belt and never did, thus proving HHH theory that he is B (B? let's call him C) player. and guess what, marks, heels win feuds too.

now he's back to midcard hell with a guy who barely moved the ratings needle when he was champion.

we told you, Bryan is nothing more than a tool to get Evil COO HHH over but you didn't believe it.

"oh, it's a slow build up" hahahahaha.

Moving the ratings a little is a lot more than what Bryan did, which is lower PPV numbers. It's OK now. The fans now have someone they can truly get behind, a real blue collar guy who's been hit by the recession being manipulated by rich assholes instead of some weird guy with a beard and a girlfriend that's out of his league.

gurudyne

When was the last time that they actually took a break mid-fued only to heat it up months later successfully? I have negative faith in their short term booking, so needless to say it's hard for me to see them doing what you've proposed.

I don't think it will happen, I just like to figure out solutions to problems the WWE gives itself.

As for your question, only examples I can think of involve Brock Lesnar (but the HHH string of feuds was far from successful) and the Rock (vs CM Punk worked [the RAW 1000 sneak attack picking up again at the Rumble], vs Cena worked for the marks even though the live audience shat on it).

I suppose Paige vs Emma counts too as I'm looking forward to that payoff, but that's NXT. It's a whole other level of quality.

gurudyne

The fans now have someone they can truly get behind, a real blue collar guy who's been hit by the recession being manipulated by rich assholes instead of some weird guy with a beard and a girlfriend that's out of his league.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Ithil

Moving the ratings a little is a lot more than what Bryan did, which is lower PPV numbers. It's OK now. The fans now have someone they can truly get behind, a real blue collar guy who's been hit by the recession being manipulated by rich assholes instead of some weird guy with a beard and a girlfriend that's out of his league.

There is zero reason Bryan couldn't have been booked like that, of course. Their baffling decision to portray him as "some ugly short troll" killed it. He even called HIMSELF ugly and short.

Who does that? Putting your rising star down like that only costs you money.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
There is zero reason Bryan couldn't have been booked like that, of course. Their baffling decision to portray him as "some ugly short troll" killed it. He even called HIMSELF ugly and short.

you know, when Bryan lost in 18 seconds that ended up putting him more over then burying him. Maybe they're trying to do the same thing here, get the fans mad at them for "Burying" him to the point where the fans will do whatever it takes to get Bryan over.

just a thought.

Bryan isn't their rising star. Big E. Langston (who Cena loves), Roman Reigns (who will be getting the God push out of the Shield breakup), and some random former football player currently on the NXT roster.

But, don't worry, Bryan'll have a fine career. He'll eventually get a title reign or two, because everyone will, a few main events here or there when there's no better ideas, and years and years of steady paychecks and royalties.

Ithil

Bryan isn't their rising star. Big E. Langston (who Cena loves), Roman Reigns (who will be getting the God push out of the Shield breakup), and some random former football player currently on the NXT roster.

But, don't worry, Bryan'll have a fine career. He'll eventually get a title reign or two, because everyone will, a few main events here or there when there's no better ideas, and years and years of steady paychecks and royalties.

Then why did he beat John Cena clean in the main event of Summerslam?

Top Bottom