• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Not as bad as paying $60 for WWE 14
fhiKY.gif

dood is serious? I thought it was just jokes.

I'm being somewhat hyperbolic, but I am entertained people think how horrible WWE booking is. I think it's mediocre at best, but then again, I lived through Russo. I also think Cena is heavily underrated by most people in smark circles, largely because of the way he's been booked and the fact he's a WWE creation. My favorite current wrestling is actually New Japan and some random CMLL/AAA matches.

don't call them "smarks", Jesse. if they were truly smart they wouldn't spend their adult life marking out for Ziggler like a 6 year old marks for Santino and stanning and simping the Divas.

just call them "internet marks".

don't call them "smarks", Jesse. if they were truly smart they wouldn't spend their adult life marking out for Ziggler like a 6 year old marks for Santino and stanning and simping the Divas.

just call them "internet marks".

Well, the irony about Total Divas is that according to Meltzer, they get 750k an episode for that shoe and it only costs them 400k to produce. So, for a standard 8 episode season, they make 2.8 million dollars off it.

In other words, it's likely that the Bella's have made the WWE more money directly through TV and as a result, is a bigger money draw than Bryan has through TV or PPV.

The ironic thing is I was probably watching Punk & Danielson matches when most of the people in this thread weren't allowed to stay up 'til the end of RAW.

I was always underwhelmed by Punk vs Bryan matches, they never seemed to live up to their promise. Their best encounter was probably their quarter final match in the 2004 IWA-MS Ted Petty Invitational. Their matches in ROH and FIP at the time suffer from than mid-2000s indie deal where every singles match near the top of the card had to go 25+ minutes. Their TPI match is much more compact and better off for it.

Punk and Bryan are tied up with the Wyatts.....
Lesnar is months away from returning...
Cena is back feuding over a mid card title against a guy who has NEVER got over...
Big Show receives Bryan's spot on the card...
HHH is all over the show...in 2013....
Summer Rae and her shrieks are worse than an Eva Marie vs. Kelly Kelly ironman match...
Big Show vs. Orton will main event Survivor Series...

Outside of the Rhodes Brothers, this product is in real bad shape.

Zertez

Just finished watching the end of tonights show and the writing gets worse every week. It is probably getting close to an all time low, early 90s low. Just when I think that it cant get much worse, they put on a show like tonight.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, before they made the impromptu Big Show match, their big Main Event match for Raw was a 4 minute 6-man Divas tag match that had Aksana and Eva Marie in it. And saw Eva Marie win with the worst roll-up imaginable.

G-Fex

So, before they made the impromptu Big Show match, their big Main Event match for Raw was a 4 minute 6-man Divas tag match that had Aksana and Eva Marie in it. And saw Eva Marie win with the worst roll-up imaginable.

That figures.

AJ loses and Aiii is all
jGEOo31.png
jGEOo31.png
jGEOo31.png

;)

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ didn't lose, she was in the match for all of 10 seconds. Plus, Total Divas debuts on Sunday so this week will see all Total Divas victories all the time, so that's okay too. Well not really, but it's whatever. Tyson Kidd being on TV is a good thing, if he gets a push out of this, that was worth it at least.

Eva Marie winning matches though, should not happen. Eva Marie being on Raw shouldn't happen period. And it most definitely shouldn't be the kayfabe main event of your program.

I give this booking 1 dead AJ out of five.
deadaj.png
deadajgray.png
deadajgray.png
deadajgray.png
deadajgray.png

So

Triple H is Vince McMahon
Stephanie is Vince McMahon
The Shield are Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock
Big Show is Stone Cold
Randy Orton is The Rock
and Kane is Mankind

It's like TNA trying to recreate Attitude era with a bunch of faces you've seen a thousand times before. Except it's not TNA. It's WWE.

Wyatts are obviously Undertaker and his Ministry. Cultish, higher power-like talk, and I think Kane returning from his absence at their hands as a corporate suit telegraphs this one.

DGault

Neo Member
Just finished watching the end of tonights show and the writing gets worse every week. It is probably getting close to an all time low, early 90s low. Just when I think that it cant get much worse, they put on a show like tonight.

It really does remind me a lot of early to mid 90's with Hogan, and that's not a good thing.
Thankfully theres a New Japan show soon, they've been a real nice reminder of how good a traditional wrestling show can be.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh my, I missed the new guy, thanks for quoting Ithil.

This is where I mention I was watching New Japan in the early 90's and talk about Jon Moxley and Tyler Black from The Shield right? Not to mention being from a country where pro-wrestling wasn't actually televised thus having to be creative and watch wrestling via any means possible, like staying up til 3 AM to watch Nitro via satellite on Turner Classic Movies. Come on guys, lets show off our immense pro-wrestling watching experience!

Forkball

I desperately want to make a "Kane UNMASKED" thread on OT but I fear for my topic posting abilities.

It's sad to see Bryan getting the Ryback/Ziggler depush.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bryan isn't getting a depush. Bryan is being used, along with Punk to PUSH and elevate another talent.

I'm all for being down on the product, and it's fine if you feel Bryan should be WWE Champion right now, but come on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I desperately want to make a "Kane UNMASKED" thread on OT but I fear for my topic posting abilities.

As a man who has been threatened over making topics in OT I say...uh, do what you like.

Ithil

He isn't. He's being moved on the card, not depushed.
Like Punk vs Heyman, it's a feud meant to tide over a popular performer until they are back in the main event. I believe Meltzer's relayed words on it were that it wasn't a demotion for Punk and Bryan, it was a promotion for the Wyatts.

Striker

This is like jettisoning Austin from the main event after 3 months (during which he was never the focus except to put him down), in 1998, and replacing him, with...I don't know. Earthquake? Yokozuna?

Also Yokozuna says "OH HELL YEAH" and drinks beer, while Austin teams with Mick Foley against DOA.
It's be more like them stepping away from an Austin or Rock title picture and focusing on somebody like Kane. All three guys were over big time then, lots of wrestlers were, but Kane at that time was still an upper midcard guy, like the Big Show is. The whole storyline is still silly - caught the Steph, Hunter, and Show thing on WWE's Youtube page and I laughed. The Ziggler/Axel match had Cole, JBL, and Lawler arguing on commentary and ignoring the guys inside. Fuck you Vince.

Alucard

Banned
So glad I skipped all of Raw last night. Read a couple of write-ups this morning. Yikes. Sounds like loads of filler and a big helping of Big Show. And the title pictures sound boring.

bart jr

Neo Member
Bryan isn't getting a depush. Bryan is being used, along with Punk to PUSH and elevate another talent.

I'm all for being down on the product, and it's fine if you feel Bryan should be WWE Champion right now, but come on.

Agreed 100%. It bums me out to not have Bryan in the title picture any longer, but I do love the idea of him teaming with CM Punk. One thing I wish happened though is that they put Harper and Rowan in more squash matches, whether it be single or tag, so that they appear to be more of a legitimate threat. Harper looked really good last night, but I just wish more people who aren't familiar with Harper's work could have went into it expecting that match to be good.

On a side note, I liked Raw overall. There were what, 3 matches in the first hour? Which is impressive by recent WWE standards. But then the last 20 minutes happened...

Ithil

It's be more like them stepping away from an Austin or Rock title picture and focusing on somebody like Kane. All three guys were over big time then, lots of wrestlers were, but Kane at that time was still an upper midcard guy, like the Big Show is. The whole storyline is still silly - caught the Steph, Hunter, and Show thing on WWE's Youtube page and I laughed. The Ziggler/Axel match had Cole, JBL, and Lawler arguing on commentary and ignoring the guys inside. Fuck you Vince.

Kane was young, and new then, he'd only debuted as Kane less than six months before Austin came to the main event. Frankly pushing him at that time would have been a good idea.

Big Show is old, has been there for 14 years, and just usurped their most over young face in the story supposed to make him a top guy.

Top Bottom