• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Man like they give a fuck. Heck, they probbaly feel embarrassed having to cover the story as sad is it may seam.

It's just so nuts. I haven't decided what console I'm getting, but does half of this stuff really matter?

I never thought I'd say this, but hardcore wrestling fans are way more logical and balanced than video game fans.

It's just so nuts. I haven't decided what console I'm getting, but does half of this stuff really matter?

I never thought I'd say this, but hardcore wrestling fans are way more logical and balanced than video game fans.

you should visit other wrestling forums.

you will change your mind quick.

Has anyone picked up or read The Masked Man's new book? Seems like a pretty interesting look at the some of the history of pro wrestling. An excerpt from it was posted up on Grantland today: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ker-new-book-concise-history-racism-wrestling

I'll probably pick it up closer to Christmas and read it during my holidays from work.

Don't. From people I know with actual knowledge, it's full of idiotic falsehoods like silliness like calling Harley Race a local wrestler. It's barely above Scott Keith level.

jmdajr

There will always be some legitimate things to complain about, but sure... lots it baffles my mind. I don't get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

G-Fex

no no no no no

theyre both two different kindds of batshit nuts

the thing about wrestling internet community is that they and we know what marks are while gamers everywhere are still believing it all to be real to them damnit

no no no no no

theyre both two different kindds of batshit nuts

the thing about wrestling internet community is that they and we know what marks are while gamers everywhere are still believing it all to be real to them damnit

why wont gaming journalisms ever be taken srsiouesly?

I just don't think MS is so evil and Sony is so saintly.

I spent $180 a day before the spend 50 get 10 back promo started, and Sony wouldn't even consider refunding me in store credit. Pretty shitty of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because gaming enthusiast press is written by enthusiasts, not writers.

You see GREAT journalism happening in stuff people don't love. Who loves "working conditions at Foxconn" - nobody. Who loves "war in iraq!" - nobody. The "industry" is a bunch of babbys who are gamers first, writers last. Very few excellent writers last, because it's a fucking ridiculous business.

That said Sessler is a good dude.

EDIT: Gaming-side is gonna get me banned again but I gotta speak the truth to these people sitting in their basements masturbating to Iwata and Kirby fanart

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't do it, Sunny.

People are too sensitive over there. Bish is jumping at shadows, Y2Kev is throwing his hands up in despair, and Amirox has a scorecard. The world's fucking insane.

I'm gonna be the pro-games guy. Play everything.

Honestly though the only reason people actually pick sides is money, right? If they had enough money they'd just buy everything...right?

G-Fex

You see GREAT journalism happening in stuff people don't love. Who loves "working conditions at Foxconn" - nobody. Who loves "war in iraq!" - nobody. The "industry" is a bunch of babbys who are gamers first, writers last. Very few excellent writers last, because it's a fucking ridiculous business.

EDIT: Gaming-side is gonna get me banned again but I gotta speak the truth to these people sitting in their basements masturbating to Iwata and Kirby fanart

Don't do it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ninthings are amusing to me. They're not horrible, they're just kinda off in an entertaining way. If I had to pick a tag team that defines Ninthings it'd be...

Cu71jzy.jpg

strobogo

Banned
People are too sensitive over there. Bish is jumping at shadows, Y2Kev is throwing his hands up in despair, and Amirox has a scorecard. The world's fucking insane.

Honestly though the only reason people actually pick sides is money, right? If they had enough money they'd just buy everything...right?

Are you blaming this on the poors?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Well its a large part of it.

Gaming press who don't get the fact that other people don't get their shit for free and actually have to pay for games do bother me. Yes I'd get all 3 consoles if I had the money to do so but the reality is that the $500 I'd be putting down for a XB1 will supply me with enough games for at least the first 2 years that I own my PS4.

Also as a video game fan I actually enjoy playing games. I can't say the same for wrestling, I don't know why I watch this shit.

I learned a long time ago with politics that no matter what you say no one will ever respond with "you have a valid point, I agree with you and have changed my mind, thank you for enlightening me"

I don't think it's much different with gaming or most things for that matter.

Gaming journalism is partly a product of it's demographic too. Some gamers clearly love sensationalism and sides being taken. Giant Bomb does some decent work, as do some people on Polygon.

Honestly until people appeciate academic games writing, there is no incentive to do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are you blaming this on the poors?

You don't have to be rich to buy everything.

Well its a large part of it.

Gaming press who don't get the fact that other people don't get their shit for free and actually have to pay for games do bother me. Yes I'd get all 3 consoles if I had the money to do so but the reality is that the $500 I'd be putting down for a XB1 will supply me with enough games for at least the first 2 years that I own my PS4.

Depends on what you read the press for - it used to be "Well is this shit WORTH my money?" and now it's geared and transformed more into articles that people read to reinforce their own premade decision. Preorders have fucked us like that.

G-Fex

you can't.

Evilore once explicitly put that saying "Well why not just buy both systems" isn't a good enough excuse and will not be tolerated and it's not a discussion or whatever.

Not my rules.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Sunflower gets banned he's just going to jump back into his Shao Kahn alt. Don't pretend to be sad for him, you marks.

I can always trust you to maintain kayfabe. You're the most old school! You're the Ole Anderson to NeoGAF's WCW !

you can't.

Evilore once explicitly put that saying "Well why not just buy both systems" isn't a good enough excuse and will not be tolerated and it's not a discussion or whatever.

Not my rules.

lol seriously? I guess we have to pull people up by their bootstraps if they can't do it themselves.

jred2k

I hope that the next Women Tropes in Video Games video is released during the launch period. This place would just completely blow up.

jmdajr

Something that should be obvious, but I guess you never think about it. Yeah getting people who don't play videogames to suddenly play them for review doesn't work really. Hell, I don't mind game journalist really. I want someone who knows a thing or two about games think it worth 60 bones.

Plus lets face it, lots of journalism these days in the real world are just conservative or liberals marks. People who watch Fox News hear what they want to hear, and they enjoy it.

edit: Folks are also mad about supposedly not asking hard hitting questions. Big fucking deal. It doesn't even matter. No company is ever going to SELL their weaknesses. They just won't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that the next Women Tropes in Video Games video is released during the launch period. This place would just completely blow up.

I'd give anything to have "Anita Sarkeesian Is Buying A...." video. God damn either way it'd be fireworks! I like her work, flawed as it is. It's a discussion that needs to be had and there's a lot to learn.

Something that should be obvious, but I guess you never think about it. Yeah getting people who don't play videogames to suddenly play them doesn't work really. Hell, I don't mind game journalist really. I want someone who knows a thing or two about games think it worth 60 bones.

Plus lets face it, lots of journalism these days in the real world are just conservative or liberals marks. People who watch Fox News hear what they want to hear, and they enjoy it.

New Media :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All this talk about gaming side made me finally realize why people would have alts: To troll the shit out of gaming side.

People can't even tell. You have to go to GAF splinter boards to find out who's an alt. It's wild. The best troll is one where others bandwagon with you. That's the most enjoyable trolling.

"Fucking Sonic's eyes were GREEN?" let's go!

I'd give anything to have "Anita Sarkeesian Is Buying A...." video. God damn either way it'd be fireworks! I like her work, flawed as it is. It's a discussion that needs to be had and there's a lot to learn.
Yeah, I don't have to agree with every single thing she's saying, it's stuff worth pointing out and talking about. People take so much offense to it, it's insane

mrboo001

Banned
I haven't even really spent much attention to all the craziness on Gaming side. I've mostly been holed up in the Ace Attorney OTs and in here.

Ya I think I'll just hide in here for a bit

Same here. You know, its funny: this is the most tense the fourm has been since I found the site (about two years ago).

G-Fex

You can't insult the company if you're interviewing them.

Spoony did that thing when he complained about that shitty x-com game that eventually did come out and I don't think they allowed him into the press thing again.

Same with the fatass who bitches about it being spoony's fault. I forgot his name. I think it's Katz or some shit

Top Bottom