• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Aiii

So not worth it

jmdajr

You can't insult the company if you're interviewing them.

Spoony did that thing when he complained about that shitty x-com game that eventually did come out and I don't think they allowed him into the press thing again.

Same with the fatass who bitches about it being spoony's fault. I forgot his name. I think it's Katz or some shit

That comes with almost anything really, unless it's specifically a no holds barred interview and it's agreed upon before hand.

"Hey Tom (cruise), nice to meet you. Before we talk about your new movie, can I ask you why you are part of a psychotic religious cult?"

I guess even gamers want shoot interviews.

"Fucking Iwata. I fuck his ass, camel clutch, and make him humble"-miyamoto

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really want to post a topic about depressing wrestler before-and-afters, but people get upset!

I will say I never imagined in 1999 Lex Luger would look elfin without his muscles but he sure does.

jmdajr

Really want to post a topic about depressing wrestler before-and-afters, but people get upset!

I will say I never imagined in 1999 Lex Luger would look elfin without his muscles but he sure does.

Don't depress me man. This gaming madness at least has some comedy aspects to it.
That would be a real bummer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't depress me man. This gaming madness at least has some comedy aspects to it.
That would be a real bummer.

Kidman before-and-afters crack me up though, goddamn.

Who has aged the best? Arn Anderson? Because he looked 50 at 25?

jred2k

He's on the figure four daily podcast tomorrow, Alvarez has read the book, so I'm waiting for that.

He was on Sam Roberts' podcast this week, as well. I'm most interested to read about the early history of pro wrestling and how it all started.

Speaking of Sam Roberts, he recently put up a new interview with RVD about his recent run in the WWE and his future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkM35VmA3OA

Just start it as a general life after sports kind of thread. I'm sure you could find an article related to that.

It wouldn't take much time to turn it in to a wrestling thread once people see Konnan and freak the fuck out over how he turned in to Mr. Potatohead.

strobogo

Banned
Kidman before-and-afters crack me up though, goddamn.

Who has aged the best? Arn Anderson? Because he looked 50 at 25?

All things considered, Vince himself has aged pretty well. You'd think a guy nearing 70 who has been on a heavy regimen of ultra steroids for 40 years, blew up both quads in the same day, broke his pelvis, broke his tail bone, and borked his freaking neck would be in pretty rough shape. But he isn't. He's still swoll and does his crazy walk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All things considered, Vince himself has aged pretty well. You'd think a guy nearing 70 who has been on a heavy regimen of ultra steroids for 40 years, blew up both quads in the same day, broke his pelvis, broke his tail bone, and borked his freaking neck would be in pretty rough shape. But he isn't. He's still swoll and does his crazy walk.

He's only now starting to show the cracks of old age.

I support steroid use in older folks, it's almost pure benefit when you're at that stage of your life and helps a TON with mobility and muscle and NOT GETTING INJURED. Get your old folks on steroids, friends.

DMczaf

I think I'm gonna cry the day Vinnie Mac is gone.

e5X9Ka2.jpg

He's only now starting to show the cracks of old age.

I support steroid use in older folks, it's almost pure benefit when you're at that stage of your life and helps a TON with mobility and muscle and NOT GETTING INJURED. Get your old folks on steroids, friends.

I told this 60 year old dude at my gym about hormone replacement therapy for older men, 2 weeks later he's thanking the shit out of me, said he hasn't felt this good in years. Definitely the legit thing to do for older men.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I told this 60 year old dude at my gym about hormone replacement therapy for older men, 2 weeks later he's thanking the shit out of me, said he hasn't felt this good in years. Definitely the legit thing to do for older men.

It's for real. The dangers of this kind of treatment is a very reasonable tradeoff for the benefits at an older age. Younger? Not so much.

It's for real. The dangers of this kind of treatment is a very reasonable tradeoff for the benefits at an older age. Younger? Not so much.

Would never suggest a 17 year old mess with testosterone, but someone in their 50's and 60's will definitely benefit from it more than it will harm them, especially if you are being properly treated by a physician. I've seen a few older dudes go for the treatment and they all rave about it. I'm still in my 30's but be damn sure I want to stay swole well into my senior years and this will be an option I consider.

strobogo

Banned
Vince's personal heaven would be the most insane place of all time. There would be giant muscles, actual giants, incest, maneuvers, hillbillies, American flags, smash mouth football, scooters, devils, barber chairs, horror movies, personalized weight belts, puke.

Paradise.

ibvWJ3aoyjROfU.gif

Kaladin

Week 2 of my Universe John Cena vs Daniel Bryan feud:

Desperate to defend the title, John Cena attacked the competition and turned against the WWE Universe.

Kane def. Daniel Bryan by Submission after John Cena caused a distraction.

Dat heel turn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince's personal heaven would be the most insane place of all time. There would be giant muscles, actual giants, incest, maneuvers, hillbillies, American flags, smash mouth football, scooters, devils, barber chairs, horror movies, personalized weight belts, puke.

Paradise.

+Purell

Nothing really interests me about the Xbone right now but if they announced a proper Banjo game I'd be all over that shit. I wouldn't even care that it has a silly camera.

Nuts and Bolts was actually pretty good, but I want my 3D exploration adventure Banjo back.

jmdajr

Nothing really interests me about the Xbone right now but if they announced a proper Banjo game I'd be all over that shit. I wouldn't even care that it has a silly camera.

Nuts and Bolts was actually pretty good, but I want my 3D exploration adventure Banjo back.

Never played any banjo games. #PS1TrOO3rdPARTY4life

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

N&B was the bomb. Previous 2 were ehhhhhhh but Nuts and Bolts was dope as fuck. It'd be super cool if you could hold up a THING in front of Kinect and it is 'constructed' in the game. Fuck that'd be dope.

Sokantish

I always wanted to play Nuts & Bolts, I think I rented it from Gamefly once but I was too into World of Warcraft at that time to actually play other games so I cancelled gamefly and sent it back

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always wanted to play Nuts & Bolts, I think I rented it from Gamefly once but I was too into World of Warcraft at that time to actually play other games so I cancelled gamefly and sent it back

Now you've graduated to grown-up games involving a bear and bird! It really is good though.

N&B was the bomb. Previous 2 were ehhhhhhh but Nuts and Bolts was dope as fuck. It'd be super cool if you could hold up a THING in front of Kinect and it is 'constructed' in the game. Fuck that'd be dope.

I'd be all for a Nuts and Bolts sequel as long as they made a sequel to the old ones for weirdos like me. A Mario/MarioKart situation. The game is funny as hell too, once I can get past the first five minutes which is like a dagger into my long since dead and buried heart.

The Banjo games get a lot of hate now and I'm not sure why. Things really didn't get bad with collecting useless garbage until DK64 and Banjo Tooie to an extent. The first one is pretty flawless to me. That'd be my first step to designing a sequel, if you have to collect more shit than you did in the original Banjo-Kazooie go back to the drawing board.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be all for a Nuts and Bolts sequel as long as they made a sequel to the old ones for weirdos like me. A Mario/MarioKart situation. The game is funny as hell too, once I can get past the first five minutes which is like a dagger into my long since dead and buried heart.

The Banjo games get a lot of hate now and I'm not sure why. Things really didn't get bad with collecting useless garbage until DK64 and Banjo Tooie to an extent. The first one is pretty flawless to me. That'd be my first step to designing a sequel, if you have to collect more shit than you did in the original Banjo-Kazooie go back to the drawing board.

I tried Banjo Kazooie 1 once not that long ago, had never seen the appeal. That shit was harder than a bag of dicks, I couldn't get anything done.

I tried Banjo Kazooie 1 once not that long ago, had never seen the appeal. That shit was harder than a bag of dicks, I couldn't get anything done.
The next game should be a straight up Dark Souls clone. I'd play the hell of that. I just loved the original because I could go anywhere! Adventure! And all the secret shit you could find and read about with theories and conspiracy videos like it was an episode of LOST. Good times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I miss LOST, for real. S4 era lost. Even up to S5.

Man that was a hell of a ride. The fucking door that landed on Locke - WEEKS OF STUDY

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny that I love all other N64 RARE games including DK 64 and 3D platformer is one of my favorite genres but I hate Banjo with a passion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I did mention N64.

SFA has great graphics...and nothing else. It's a horrible zelda clone with the worst of the collectathon game design. Hell I think even DK 64 which is ridiculous with all the crap they expect you to get is better designed than SFA.

Kaladin

WHAAAAAAAAAAT

It came time for the title match....extreme rules....and even after going through a flaming table, Cena pins Bryan with a reversal into an inside cradle of all things.....Mr. Small Package indeed.

It's ok though, feud is set for 3 PPVs.

2k14 is trolling.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie are still legit if showing their age, Nuts and Bolts is a nice idea brought down by large empty levels devoid of much in the way of interesting design and mostly tedious missions. If you put the time in to be crafting a billion vehicles suited for each situation then more power to you but I could not be arsed after going through a good half of the game of sketchy races, checkpoint runs and such other ho-hum vehicular antics.
Nuts and Bolts in general is also a Russo level swerve when you think about it. I will say that its redesigns of B&K were actually pretty good looking back now.

Tooie's problem isn't even being buried under collectables like its Ape skinned counterpart DK64, it's just too damn complex for its own good if anything. It actually has a similar amount of same of collectables as the first Banjo but requires far more hoop jumping through huge interconnected stages to obtain even one jiggy, it's really quite something. Still I much prefer the straight to the point style of the original and its god tier soundtrack.

Star Fox Adventures is caca.

SFA has great graphics...and nothing else. It's a horrible zelda clone with the worst of the collectathon game design. Hell I think even DK 64 which is ridiculous with all the crap they expect you to get is better designed than SFA.
Hah StarFox Adventures, I've been mildly curious to revisit it in recent years but I don't think i'd last too long, even David Wise can't save that one.

somedevil

Why Brie Bella has improved in the ring:

The reason Brie Bella's in-ring has improved noticeably in a short period of time is that when on the road, she spends two hours before each show in the ring learning from Bryan. They are talking about having"Brie-mode" merchandise.

Daniel Bryan is a miracle worker.

gurudyne

It's funny that I love all other N64 RARE games including DK 64 and 3D platformer is one of my favorite genres but I hate Banjo with a passion.

For me, it was the art style. Just so slapdash and unappealing. Made the collectathons nature of the game too apparent. DK's world at least felt internally consistent, and it had monkeys with horrible 90s fashion and wooden jetpacks.

Twin magic just got a whole lot more complicated.
If Nikki is in trouble she can switch to superior wrasslin' ability with Brie but if Nikki has Cena powers now then she might be able to overcome the odds in a pinch which is a more powerful and borderline unstoppable move.

For me, it was the art style. Just so slapdash and unappealing. Made the collectathons nature of the game too apparent. DK's world at least felt internally consistent, and it had monkeys with horrible 90s fashion and wooden jetpacks.

Actually DK64 always rubbed me the wrong way for being far removed in style from the previous DKC trilogy and basically taking place in a more cartoony and colourful Banjo like universe of googly eyed galore as well as playing like Banjo Ape edition.

Top Bottom