• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Alucard

Banned
I'm cool with the amount of indie talk in here. I think if someone starts it up, there are usually a few who jump on board. There's also a ton of wrestling to choose from now. I mean, you've got...

WWE
TNA
ROH
PWG
NJPW

And then you've still got stuff like FIP, Prime, AAA, A1, etc.

There has rarely been a better time to be a wrestling fan.

Alucard

Banned
Oh man, this year has easily been the best in PWG history. Umm, 5 events. DDT2013 (The Generico Farewell), TEN, BOLA2013 and Threemendous III

Okay, I'm sold on Generico's farewell and on Threemendous III. I'll do some more research. How about Is Your Body Ready?

tm24

Okay, I'm sold on Generico's farewell and on Threemendous III. I'll do some more research. How about Is Your Body Ready?

Is your Body Ready is probably the most exhausting PWG event ever. I have yet to watch the dvd but i was there and the entire night was exhausting in the best way. The iron man match was great, made better by a mid match promo by Adam Cole. But i would recommend TEN over it easily

Which one was the Sami vs Drake Guerrilla Warfare match? That was insane. I'm not big into deathmatches but that was something else.
ASW 9 Night one! Had that originally in there until i saw you list Threemendous III, which is the better event

tm24

Lets be honest, Nakamura basically took over the spot of the guy who wrestles and is completely out of his mind from UMB in this thread

Alucard

Banned
Bully name-dropping Stone Cold Steve Austin on TNA.

Aaaaand Aces and Eights are still together. SWERVE.

That was an entertaining segment. Can't believe it...I've liked just about every single thing on Impact tonight.

Alucard

Banned
I Believe in Dewey Barnes.

We're gonna see some Bad Influence action tonight. Good stuff, but I really hope this Park/Abyss storyline ends soon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fuck Road Wild 1999.

Haven't had an intentional drink of alcohol yet in my life but if I had to watch it again I'd probably down this old ass bottle of brandy in my cabinet.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, it sucks. I'm to Sid vs Sting and only have 4 gifs. I'm watching it at 1.30x speed and it still is boring and slow as fuck. All of these matches have happened and are exactly the same as the last 3 times they happened. But I'm not drinking for it because I want to take a long ride tomorrow and drinking even a little the night before worries me.

Alucard

Banned
2 matches, a womens match and a joke squash match in nearly 90 minutes of television.

Eh, I liked the opening talking segment, the follow-up to the women's match, the Aces and Eights swerve, the EC3 squash, the Angle/Roode buildup, and we're about to start the main event...but getting Angle/Aries interact first. Woooo.

2 matches, a womens match and a joke squash match in nearly 90 minutes of television.
It's been an alright night. MEM split and go their separate ways, An entertaining knockouts match/segment, The building of EC3 and the aces and eights swerve which, to their credit, is something I didn't see coming.

Alucard

Banned
Wheel of Dixie?

Wut. haha

Yeah, it started last week. It's putting a swerve to each match. I don't mind it one bit.

Really hope this main event doesn't have any shenanigans...except maybe Velvet. I do wish we got to hear Hardy/Sabin talk a bit before this match tonight, but they've done a good job of building up to it all night.

BYgwRUtCcAAHj_t.jpg

Alucard

Banned
The string of good Impacts continues. That's 3 in a row now.

Decent hardcore match to end the show tonight despite the table botching in the early going. Sabin and Hardy didn't really have good chemistry, but the ending spot looked great, and the announce team did a good job of selling the importance of the title tournament.

As of right now, TNA > WWE.

Ithil

I don't even know why people vehemently hate VGCW anyway. It's a goofy web series with plenty of wacky moments. Not really worth "hating".

I liked it. It was an enjoyable match. Another solid night of TNA. Coming off Raw where there were three good matches I guess I expected more. I enjoyed Raws matches this week more but I can't wait to watch Aries/Angle submission match next week. I expect a good match but of course with Bobby Roode screwing someone out of the victory. Hope it's angle that losses.

I enjoyed the segments more this week on TNA though.

Alucard

Banned
I liked it. It was an enjoyable match. Another solid night of TNA. Coming off Raw where there were three good matches I guess I expected more. I enjoyed Raws matches this week more but I can't wait to watch Aries/Angle submission match next week. I expect a good match but of course with Bobby Roode screwing someone out of the victory. Hope it's angle that losses.

I enjoyed the segments more this week on TNA though.

Yeah, I'm expecting the in-ring action to be a lot heavier on next week's Impact. They're recording it right now, so they probably decided to save some action for the live audience to end off the show. Regardless, I really enjoyed the MEM and Aces and Eights segments tonight. Bully and Anderson are both coming off like a million bucks.

And hey, I didn't find Jeff Hardy nearly as annoying as I usually do. He's much more tolerable without the awful makeup.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know why people vehemently hate VGCW anyway. It's a goofy web series with plenty of wacky moments. Not really worth "hating".

I noticed that the same posters who hate VGCW also hate Gaming side.

Most of the fans of it are idiots. It's kind of like dealing with Tori Amos fans. You end up hating the product because most of the fans are mouthbreathers. Not all, just most.

Well shit that applies to wrasslin too!

EDIT: For the record I don't hate it, I put it in the same place that Divekick and SaltyBet go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey that's our mascot, the Bag Show! All hail!

Top Bottom