• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
NO GIFS

legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 8/12/99

Go home show for Road Wild. And the show starts with highlights of past shows set to Wrath's music. I guess since he's no longer on TV, he doesn't need it for anything.

Rick Steiner vs Spyder WCW TV Championship

Spyder is the Danny Trejio looking former body guard of Eddie in the LWO. Rick isn't even wearing knee pads, which shows how much he gives a fuck about this guy. Why was Rick not reprimanded at all for attacking Scott Hudson? Why was Sid not reprimanded at all for attacking Eric Bischoff? Total squash.

Recap of a bunch of shit from Nitro that no one cares about. The a recap of Sid last week. The video just went black. I hope that was an actual production error and not a copy error.

Sid vs Disorderly Conduct

Double squash.

More Nitro recaps.

The same Road Wild video from the start of the show.

Harlem Heat video.

More Nitro recaps.

Bobby Duncum Jr./Barry Windham vs Shane Douglas/Dean Malenko

Shane pinned Duncum with the Pittsburgh Plunge. The Rednecks did a beat down after the match. Saturn made the save and was also beaten down.

Berlyn hype video.

Nash/Hogan timeline video.

More Nitro recaps.

Randy Savage vs Evan Karagais

He asks if people want to know who the driver of the Hummer is, and then tells everyone not to worry about it. Evan told Savage he didn't appreciate how Randy has been treating his women, especially Mona. Savage beat the shit out of Evan. Mona came out to stop it. She tripped and he grabbed her by the hair, so the ref jumped on Savage's back and started punching him. He got a piledriver. Evan got 3 elbows.

The main event was the 6 man from Nitro.

DQ Count: Fuck

Announced card for Road Wild

Hulk Hogan vs Kevin Nash WCW Championship Career vs Career
Randy Savage vs Dennis Rodman
Sting vs Sid
Goldberg vs Rick Steiner
Chris Benoit vs DDP WCW US Championship No DQ
Harlem Heat vs Triad WCW Tag Team Championships
Buff Bagwell vs The Cat
Revolution vs West Texas Rednecks
Rey Mysterio Jr./Kidman/Eddie Guerrero vs The Deadpool

strobogo

Banned
ibrWCIj3zdjr2k.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That damn White Hummer. I had stopped watching by that point in full, but like a fool I tried to come back from time to time and it always seemed like that Hummer was the only thing going on due to my poor timing and their awful recap shows for the U.K.

I don't know who they were trying to fool, it could never hope to match up with Goldberg's greatest foe, Limo.

Bryan, Brie, and Ryback we all at my gym this afternoon working out. I get there too late but my Dad called me up to let me know he saw them. Dad says "the short guy with the beard is with a hot chick". He knew who Ryback was, said he was just doing cardio.

See. Obvious proof of who the real star is.

I wonder what's wrong with having jobbers? Not jtts, but local enhancement talent or whatever they call them.

You notice how little heat matches with 3MB have? Now, imagine those matches without the little character 3MB have. I have no issues with having guys being jobbers with characters or being jobbers in a run before going back to NXT for a repackage.

WrassleGAF next gen launch roll call

I'm getting PS4

Getting PS4.

Already have Killzone and BF4. May end up with AC4, Knack, and NFS (or something else can't decide) with the target deal

With all the games talk and wwe2k14 I decided all I really want from next gen wrestling is just No Mercy with updated roster/modes made with the euphoria engine.

NV is so fucking good. Got every achievement, even the Gun Runners ones which is insane. That game will NEVER get old.

Troof here. I'll bet you love wiping the floor with those vanilla midget ghouls.

I'm not a big South Park guy anymore, but I'm REALLY anticipating Stick of Truth just because it's Obsidian. Can't believe it's delayed. It's BULLSHIT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was always bummed about those late 90s/early 2000s Rumbles because I remembered the winner. That always took all the wind out of my sails. However, the crowd does SO much, and it really does generate real excitement when you watch it. I love it.

I've decided I'm going to see a voice coach so I can try to impersonate Vince, and do Let's Plays as Vince.

I was always bummed about those late 90s/early 2000s Rumbles because I remembered the winner. That always took all the wind out of my sails. However, the crowd does SO much, and it really does generate real excitement when you watch it. I love it.

I've decided I'm going to see a voice coach so I can try to impersonate Vince, and do Let's Plays as Vince.
Oh my god YES. Do it buddy. I'm already ready to subscribe.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Getting PS4.

Already have Killzone and BF4. May end up with AC4, Knack, and NFS (or something else can't decide) with the target deal
Same here. I might just get Knack, but I might get Killzone if I feel like it.

Still disappointed in the lack of a Ridge Racer at launch, though.

strobogo

Banned

You should get into contact with Brother Love. His Vince impression is incredible and he may teach you the tricks of the trade.

Ultratech

I did have to laugh at Magus kinda messing up on his speech.

"I'm gonna be Heavyweight Champion...of the World."

You know he meant to say World Heavyweight Champion and he knew he fucked up there just right after he said it.

Alucard

Banned
Nice moment for the hometown fans, but a throwaway TV segment. Meh.

Knockouts #1 contender match up next. I say it'll be Velvet or Brooke. Going with Velvet.

And Douche Sabin is coming into his own.

I enjoyed pacman jones getting in the ring. I'm also loving how they are making the Roode/Angle feud a big one. Velvet sky/Over Developed Bosom/ Brooke Tessmacher next. Come on guys. You can't tell me Tessmacher ain't hot. My buddy did. Must be a blind man!

Alucard

Banned
I enjoyed pacman jones getting in the ring. I'm also loving how they are making the Roode/Angle feud a big one. Velvet sky/Over Developed Bosom/ Brooke Tessmacher next. Come on guys. You can't tell me Tessmacher ain't hot. My buddy did. Must be a blind man!

She's not hot if you don't like perfect behinds.

strobogo

Banned
Why even pretend it isn't for your dick? We're all men here. And one or two girls I think. They know why you want gifs and pictures of some ass.

tm24

You were there? Lucky bastard. I have the DVD from the final night and it's one of my favourite wrestling discs ever.

It was actually my first PWG show. Had just gotten my car for my HS graduation and I went and stayed with family while going every night. I was so hyped and then kinda deflated since Dbry and Super Dragon were out injured and Chris Bosh had retired.

Ohno/Harper from NXT this week was great. I didn't miss him much when he was gone, but now i'm glad he's back, especially with no Sami.

Mojo Rawley is such an easy guy to get behind, I like him. He should just pin dudes as he's sitting on them though.

A-Ri... ugh. He's bad even when he's not telling us about That Time He Was With The Miz.

This Rusev angle, though, it's like I'm only seeing half of the episodes. It feels rushed, basically, but Lefort kinda sucks anyway so it's whatever. Is Scott Dawson, like, injured or something, because he's a decent JTTS.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll post more in depth about this tomorrow but, looking back a year from now, we had a LOT more indie talk going on.

When did indie wrestling die in here, and why?

Maybe it died with Chikara

edit - or maybe WWE is just taking the best people. Plus I feel like there's been even more people getting into NJPW in the past year, which is better than whatever the US is putting out.

tm24

I'll post more in depth about this tomorrow but, looking back a year from now, we had a LOT more indie talk going on.

When did indie wrestling die in here, and why?

lack of ippvs. PWG gets more love, but everyone consumes it at their own pace. Also, most of the indie talk transformed into international talk and their iPPVs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it died with Chikara

I get the feeling it may have been a perfect storm, with CHIKARA's demise being the final nail in the coffin. iPPV issues, eventually a straw that broke the camel's back. I know I swore off of RoH due to their issues and I haven't been back, but even the other stuff I really enjoy like AIW and SHINE I've been kind of...not as hyped as I used to be, and I don't know why.

Alucard

Banned
A DQ in a triple threat match?

Outside interference compromised the integrity of the match. It worked, and the storyline of Gail feeling she has no competition left helped get it over, although I'm sure some will view it as Gail "burying" the division. Curious to see who steps up to challenge her.

Dixie did mention that "a former world champion" would be making a debut/return tonight.

Speaking of PWG, PWG DVD SALE TIME!

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter_2013.html

5 Dvds for $40

I'm all over this. It's the only time of year I buy PWG. Started last year, and wanna continue this year. I'd love some suggestions. Last year I got...

Steen Wolf
KRR3
DDT4 2012
6th Anniversary Show
BOLA 2007 Night 3

Outside interference compromised the integrity of the match. It worked, and the storyline of Gail feeling she has no competition left helped get it over, although I'm sure some will view it as Gail "burying" the division. Curious to see who steps up to challenge her.

Dixie did mention that "a former world champion" would be making a debut/return tonight.

I'm all over this. It's the only time of year I buy PWG. Started last year, and wanna continue this year. I'd love some suggestions. Last year I got...

Steen Wolf
KRR3
DDT4 2012
6th Anniversary Show
BOLA 2007 Night 3

THREEMENDOUS III

Best wrestling show of 2012 and had the MOTY imo.

Young Bucks vs Super Smash Bros vs Future Shock

strobogo

Banned
I think the rise of NJPW IPPVS and WWE raiding the indies are probably the major factors of the lack of indie talk this year.

tm24

Oh man, this year has easily been the best in PWG history. Umm, 5 events. DDT2013 (The Generico Farewell), TEN, BOLA2013 and Threemendous III

Raw64life

1 match in the first hour of this show and it was the women's match. Why do I keep watching this? Also, WWE 2K14 during every commercial break is hilarious.

I think the rise of NJPW IPPVS and WWE raiding the indies are probably the major factors of the lack of indie talk this year.

yup. WWE picked up Generico, PAC, Del Sol, SDR, and Callihan all in the past year-year and a half, with possibly the American Wolves to come. maybe more.

Top Bottom