• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

gurudyne

I saw a blurb about how Dolph has won 100 televised matches, but also lost 100 televised matches, and he's the only guy to do so since they (whoever they is, some site) started tracking in 2006.

Is that good or bad?

So he's been there forever and he's still not only not over, but known mostly for losing. Probably not a good sign.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Please Mr. Flair, I'm sorry I crossed the line!

Also real talk: Brother Bruuti sucked but the Barber Shop was probably my favorite wrestler interview segment of all time. Something about that set and some of the great moments that happened there just totally gelled.

Why do 3MB still have jobs? They never win. Clearly they should be sent back to the minors if they are not good enough to compete on the level of the other WWE Superstars.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why do 3MB still have jobs? They never win. Clearly they should be sent back to the minors if they are not good enough to compete on the level of the other WWE Superstars.

As bad as they are, they are still a step above developmental and independent talent however*. Which means that the NXT people have to beat them to gain entry into the WWE.

They are the Glass Joes in the video game explanation of how WWE actually works.

Sokantish

Wanna hear something wild? Still running a launch 360, no problems. :|

I didn't mind so much it breaking because they replaced them for free but the three or four week wait was kind of annoying. Especially when one time they sent me a new one and then that one immediately RROD'd on me. I have the worst luck, man. It was all worth it though, 360 had the best jRPG last gen, Lost Odyssey!

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Royal Rumble 1998

The WWF was on fire and about to really blow up. WCW was still on top, but Vince was gaining on them. Stone Cold was the hottest guy in the business, Rock was coming on strong, and Mr. McMahon was just emerging as the greatest heel of all time.

Mike Tyson is in a sky box watching the show tonight.

The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust vs Vader

Goldy got really weird in 1998. He's wearing a green and purple full length singlet with a g-string on the outside, orange boots, green and black face paint, and a green wig. He's also dressed up as Sable, a baby, and took to painting "FU" on his face. It stood for "Forever Unchained" as he publicly walked out on his marriage during a sit down interview and is now paired up with Luna. Vader is now a face. Vader pretty quickly knocks Goldy to the floor. Goldust takes one of the worst looking whips into the stairs as I've ever seen. He gets some offense in after Vader missed an ass splat. Luna got some cheap shots in while Vader was on the floor. Man, I feel weird thinking Luna was hot. Nice visible "Ted Turner is gay" sign right on hard cam. Vader gets a big kiss. He responds with a Western lariatooooooo. That was pretty rude. Fucking stiff short arm lariatoo that didn't look super stiff, but sounded like it really hurt. Luna distracts the ref, which let Goldy low blow Vader while he was attempting the Vader Bomb. This match happened in WCW, right? I swear I remember Dustin doing a double leg take down and fans absolutely losing their shit. Vader wins after a Vader Bomb with Luna on his back. Vlad the Superfan sighting!

iseB4pri0z5c1.gif

TO THE BACK. Stone Cold arrives in his truck. He throws his keys at Michael Cole and tells him to park his truck. The Godwinns grab Cole and ask where Austin went. There was a bounty placed on Austin tonight. Cole looked like such a fucking geek.

Battallion/Tarantula/El Torito vs Max Mini/Nova/Mosaic Special Guest Referee: Sunny

6 man mini lucha action! I'll just leave you with the gifs since I don't know any of them besides Max Mini. Max Mini won with a wacky lucha roll up. So many god damn arm drags. Fuck. And King unleashed every terrible and corny short joke imaginable, many of which he still uses today.

ibyLVWQgPeN4vL.gif

ibtBLpqUe3O74t.gif

TO THE BACK. The Nation of Domination break into Stone Cold's locker room, only to find a foam finger in a chair. We see Vince and Shane watching the minis match with Mike Tyson.

TO THE BACK
. Cole talks with The Rock about his upcoming match with Ken Shamrock. However, on the Free For All, the NOD were arguing with each other over who would win the Rumble tonight. Before Rock talks about the match, he makes some comments on the Clinton sex scandal going on at the time. Not the Lewinsky scandal, but a different one. Don't be silly, cover it, Willy.

Ken Shamrock vs The Rock WWF Intercontinental Championship

The Rock was still just a nick name, but what he preferred to go by and what was on his trunks. He was so...puffy. JR claims that when Shamrock snaps, it's like a rolling ball of kitchen knives. Shamrock was so jacked. Shamrock is quicker than Rock and shows it a few times. Rock sells a kick by going over the ropes and half way down the aisle. Shamrock is still in control until Rock counters a rana with a hot shot. He stomps away while shit talking. Perfect Plex from Ken. Rock fucking plants Ken's head in the mat with the float over DDT. The sound was excellent. So of course he then goes to rest holds. Rock tries the DDT again. Shamrock countered it into a "modified fireman carry", which is a Northern lights suplex to everyone else in the world besides JR. Rana. Kama and D'Lo run in, but Ken dispatched of them easily. D'Lo got his foot stuck in the ropes. Rock hit Shamrock with brass knuckles, but Shamrock kicked out! It took forever to get D'Lo out of the ropes. Shamrock hit the belly to belly. New champion! Rock tells the ref to check Shamrock's tights. The ref finds the brass knuckles in Shamrock's tights, causing the ref to reverse his decision. Dusty Finish! Ken snapped and beat up Mike Chioda. Other refs ran down to stop it and ran away from him.

ibbtzokkDdPXta.gif

iCPVCrTZaaQnx.gif

Mike Tyson and Shane McMahon seemed to have enjoyed the match.

WWF HOME VIDEO EXCLUSIVE. Ken Shamrock attacked Rock "moments later" after the match, even though Ken now had jeans and boots on. Rock called Ken a piece of shit multiple times.

TO THE BACK. Los Boricuas attack a bald man, thinking it was Stone Cold. Instead, it was one of the the Harris Brothers. GANG WARZ!

TO THE BACK
. Cole talks with LOD. WELLLLL! My local paper had an Oh, What a Rush headline for Animal's son today. They're going to kill the Outlaws. By 1998, if you were saying something like "I'm going to kick your butt", you were fucking lame. And Animal's mullet was so uncool.

New Age Outlaws vs Legion of Doom WWF Tag Team Championships

NAO had basically made a joke of LOD in the last few months, including shaving one of Hawk's landing strips. The first move is Animal powerbombing Road Dogg. The Outlaws decide to just leave. LOD chases them and brings them back to the ring. Hawk was knocking the shit out of Road Dogg. Road Dogg might be for real missing a tooth already. Billy gets tagged in, yells "YOU SUCK" and immediately gets his ass kicked. STF from Hawk. Animal is distracted and taken to the floor, where he is rammed into the steps and kicked repeatedly in the injured backed. Hawk looks bloated as fuck. He does his patented "I'm gonna run into the ring post as hard as I can and fall on my head" spot. Road Dogg handcuffs Hawk to the ring post. Animal nearly wins with a powerslam, but Road Dogg broke the pin with a chair, causing a disqualification. Hawk ripped the handcuffs off and stopped the beat down.

i2kzYw5znO8rH.gif

TO THE BACK. We see Austin's truck. Mildred Bowers won Stone Cold's truck!

Highlight package of Stone Cold fucking everyone up lately.

Royal Rumble

Cactus Jack drew number 1! I always lol when I hear his WCW song dubbed on shows. Chainsaw Charlie drew number 2! It's a hardcore rumble. Funk bends a chair over Foley's back. Funk begs for Foley to give him a chair shot to the head. Foley did. Cactus then lets Funk CRACK HIM IN THE FUCKING HEAD FULL FORCE JESUS CHRIST. It was no fucking joke. The sound was disgusting. They stop fighting for the next entrant, Tom Brandi. You know, Salvatore Sincere. And he's immediately tossed out. Funk is suplexed on to 2 open chairs. The Rock is 4th in. He gets a trash can to the face. He's knocked to the floor through the ropes. In comes Mosh. Funk kind of hits a moonsault. Phineas Godwinn is the next in the ring. Godwinns were way better as creepy rednecks instead of goofy fun loving hillbillies. In comes 8 Ball. Fucking Harris Twins. I can't escape them in any era or company. Cactus is eliminated. Blackjack Bradshaw hits the ring. It's Owen Hart!!! Mike Tyson marks the fuck out for Owen, but Double J and Corny attack Owen as he's coming to the ring. Steve Blackman is in next. D'Lo! The ring is getting pretty full. D'Lo and Rock go at it with each other. It's my big homie Kurrgan! He promptly eliminates Mosh. WHATTAMARC Mero. Sable looks so trashy now. JR immediately buries Mero for his lack of charisma. Out goes Blackman. Ken Shamrock! Rock better run. He knocks Kurggan down and then he is eliminated Andre style. Thrasher is 15th in and we're half way through this match.

icPIfdbFcCT3D.gif

ibchowBndc95A4.gif

D'Lo and Rock have been going at it for like 10 minutes now. Mankind! He picks back up with Funk and eliminates him. Funk lasted 25 minutes. Shamrock finally finds Rock and knocks the shit out of him in the corner for a bit. Goldust is next in, now wearing a completely different outfit of a silver jumpsuit with lingerie over it and red fish net stockings. He eliminates Mankind. Jeff Jarrett, the NWA North American Champion, is next in. Owen comes back out to get his revenge on Jeff. He does the best elimination so far by skinning the cat and throwing Jeff out mid strut. Next in is the Honky Tonk Man. FUCK. Triple H and Chyna came out behind him. Rock eliminates Shamrock. Chyna swings one crutch at Owen. He caught it, but it opened him up for HHH to hit him with the other, eliminating him. Ahmed Johnson and his kidneys enter next. BIG T. Fat fuck already. Mizark Henry is in to split some wigs. "Henry is handling the big Johnson." Someone throws some coke. The next entrant is....no one. Ahmed and Phineas are out. Phineas crushed a ref on his way out. Papa Shango! I wish. Stone Cold! OHH HECK YEAH! The action stops and Austin attacks from the crowd! Out goes Mero. And 8 Ball. Henry Godwinn is in. Savio is next in, but the rest of the Boricuas also hit the ring to attack Austin. Savio must still be pissed about that strap match. Faarooq is 27, which is the luckiest number. He goes right after all the Nation members still in the match. Austin and Rock brawl on the floor. Dude Love! Foley has the highest odds to win tonight. Bradshaw is eliminated. People's Elbow to D'Lo. Chainz. Fuck of, Fakertaker. And the final man in is VADER! HTM is finally out. Out goes Thrasher. And Kama. And Savio. Austin is on a tear. Goldy eliminates Vader. HOG eliminates himself. Out goes Goldy. Eliminates are coming fast. Chainzzzzzzz is gone. And Mark Henry. All with in about 3 minutes. The final four are Austin, Rock, Faarooq, and Dude Love. Faarooq tosses Dude out. Rock eliminates Faarooq. Stunner! STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD IS GOING TO WRESTLEMAINA!!!!

ibgglYyvEmPFsJ.gif

iJBYkbtZzX9IB.gif

i97PmI4lhAJPx.gif

TO THE COLE. Cold Stone is Tyson's main man! COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker WWF Championship Casket Match

In all 3 title matches tonight, the champion came out first. I hate that. I also hate the Rumble not being the main event. HBK gets some quick punches in, but EVERYBODY TALKS TOO MUCH. The video clip was actually in the pre match video. I get so excited to see Botchamania clips in their natural habitat. The backdrop that "ended HBK's career" happens very early on in the match. It really looked like he barely hit the casket. His ass nicked it on the way down. The press slam on the floor where he also hit the ring apron probably did more damage. Old school. All but HBK's hand is in the casket. He had a hidden bag of coke in there and blinds Taker. But only for a moment. Taker does his "let's try to break my fucking knees" ring steps spot. HBK then slams the steps on Taker's back a couple of times. Piledriver on the steps! Probably my favorite HBK/Taker spot. It sounded disgusting and great. Taker is in the casket! He climbs out and decks HHH just for fun. Shawn hits the Macho elbow. Superkick! Taker handles the big Johnson and starts throwing HBK all around. Taker misses a flying lariatoo and rolls in the casket. HBK decides to drop a flying elbow INTO the casket. Both men are in with the lid shut. I bet HBK is giving Taker a reciprocal reach around in there. Chokeslam. Tombstone off the apron INTO the casket! The Outlaws and Boricuas hit the ring and ambush Taker. Shades of of that other time 20 heels put Taker in a casket. IT'S KANE! THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE! Kane takes them all out. Then he attacks Taker. Chokeslam into the casket. The lid is shut. HBK wins. Championship retained. However, Kane and Paul locked the casket, smashed it up with an ax, and set it on fire. I always wondered how they did that stunt. Was there a trap door that allowed Taker to roll under the ring? Was there a second compartment in the casket that he hid in?

ibszBsMofXBlaq.gif

ibaORKL7PIT3dE.gif

iblgmRuGdzKZLw.gif

iuIcPHWLlzz8e.gif

ibsHzLhpixM0Ss.gif

DQ Count: 2 out of 6 matches.

Pretty fun show over all, even if there weren't any particularly great matches. It was more the energy of the crowd, wrestlers, and announcers. So much different than today. 10000000x better than the Summer of WCW garbage I'm watching.

UberTag

How dare you talk bad about the ONE MAN ROCK BAND!
Heath Slater is one of the Top 5 sellers on the roster.
He's arguably Top 3 (after Ziggles and Rollins).
His job is to make other wrestlers look good while garnering a reaction from the audience.
He delivers on both counts. You won't find many other wrestlers on the main roster that deliver in every area that's asked of him like he does.

Yeah, PS4 here as well. The bone's more expensive and had some kinect shit I want nothing to do with, plus I don't really care for any of Microsoft's big exclusives.

bjork

That's a lot of endings.

Yeah, Fallout: New Vegas. Four endings total, on two different occasions. But you can technically play about 50% of the way through and then branch toward the endings from there. Not quite the time sink it could've been.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sold both consoles. Just sticking with PC for now.

Thinking about doing this - Gamestop is supposedly doing a 3x tradein credit for everything sometime next week. If so it's a perfect chance to offload the shit I've accrued, still have my digital licenses in case I ever find a cheap one in the future and have a hankering to play some old shit.

Yeah, Fallout: New Vegas. Four endings total, on two different occasions. But you can technically play about 50% of the way through and then branch toward the endings from there. Not quite the time sink it could've been.

NV is so fucking good. Got every achievement, even the Gun Runners ones which is insane. That game will NEVER get old.

Thinking about doing this - Gamestop is supposedly doing a 3x tradein credit for everything sometime next week. If so it's a perfect chance to offload the shit I've accrued, still have my digital licenses in case I ever find a cheap one in the future and have a hankering to play some old shit.

NV is so fucking good. Got every achievement, even the Gun Runners ones which is insane. That game will NEVER get old.

I should be more clear. I meant to say that I sold my PS4 and XBone preorders. I keep all my old consoles. I just like keeping them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should be more clear. I meant to say that I sold my PS4 and XBone preorders. I keep all my old consoles. I just like keeping them.

Why I oughtta

I'm feeling overwhelmed with gaming shit I have. I have a collection of almost every single Dreamcast game. I used to take pride in it, now I just want it gone.

I'm going 100% digital with next gen. I want less shit in my life. I have like 500 PS2 games I want to just throw out. I used to take pride in having a bigass collection. Now I don't want em.

Jamie OD

Back from the house show and it was decent. Got to see Rhodes/Big E Vs Shield, Orton Vs Show, Ziggler Vs Sandow and Cena Vs Del Rio. The crowd really liked those matches. The rest of the show was just there really. Kofi Vs Miz
(Miz kind of turns heel during the match)
, Ryder Vs
Bad News
Barrett, Natalya Vs Aksana, Santino Vs Fandango and Fernando Vs Swagger. As you can see, not that great. WWE still draws good here in Dublin, only a few patches of empty seats at the top sections of the arena. I reckon if they ever hold a single show on a Friday or Saturday again they would sell out since a lot of families travel from around the country to see the show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Back from the house show and it was decent. Got to see Rhodes/Big E Vs Shield, Orton Vs Show, Ziggler Vs Sandow and Cena Vs Del Rio. The crowd really liked those matches. The rest of the show was just there really. Kofi Vs Miz
(Miz kind of turns heel during the match)
, Ryder Vs
Bad News
Barrett, Natalya Vs Aksana, Santino Vs Fandango and Fernando Vs Swagger. As you can see, not that great. WWE still draws good here in Dublin, only a few patches of empty seats at the top sections of the arena. I reckon if they ever hold a single show on a Friday or Saturday again they would sell out since a lot of families travel from around the country to see the show.

Saw your pics on Twitter. Looks like it was alright. Shield was over as fuck eh?

Why I oughtta

I'm feeling overwhelmed with gaming shit I have. I have a collection of almost every single Dreamcast game. I used to take pride in it, now I just want it gone.

I'm going 100% digital with next gen. I want less shit in my life. I have like 500 PS2 games I want to just throw out. I used to take pride in having a bigass collection. Now I don't want em.

give em to me plz <3 will gladly take them off of your hands!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
give em to me plz <3 will gladly take them off of your hands!

If you want to pay shipping, I'll offload a lot of them to you. I don't know if my heart is truly ready to get rid of every single game. I look at my DC games and feel sad, and wistful. Best console.

if you're serious, yeah, I'd be happy to. Let me search my heart to make sure it's true though.

I'm not getting either console at launch. I may get XB1 in March at the earliest and PS4 sometime later, if they sell enough to attract continued support from publishers.

If you want to pay shipping, I'll offload a lot of them to you. I don't know if my heart is truly ready to get rid of every single game. I look at my DC games and feel sad, and wistful. Best console.

if you're serious, yeah, I'd be happy to. Let me search my heart to make sure it's true though.

I'd pay shipping and buy you some whey!

Bryan, Brie, and Ryback we all at my gym this afternoon working out. I get there too late but my Dad called me up to let me know he saw them. Dad says "the short guy with the beard is with a hot chick". He knew who Ryback was, said he was just doing cardio.

Kaladin

Vince McMahon in 1997: Cruiserweights? They want to beat us with flippy midget action? We'll show them flippy midget action!

Royal Rumble 1998:

ibtBLpqUe3O74t.gif

strobogo

Banned
Vince McMahon in 1997: Cruiserweights? They want to beat us with flippy midget action? We'll show them flippy midget action!

Royal Rumble 1998:

ibtBLpqUe3O74t.gif

Max Mini was pretty dope. Crowd really got annoyed with all the arm drags and started boring chants, but the dives got them back into it. No idea why Sunny was the ref other than they had nothing else for her to do. I think she and Max had an angle on Shotgun or something. King was unbearable for the entire match.

Shamrock was my legit #1 in the late 90's. Complete psychopath.

I wish he was as good as he seemed like he should be.

jred2k

I have so much nostalgia and love for that Royal Rumble logo. I think its because of how much I saw it in the video store as a kid when I went to rent videos.

Kaladin

Max Mini was pretty dope. Crowd really got annoyed with all the arm drags and started boring chants, but the dives got them back into it. No idea why Sunny was the ref other than they had nothing else for her to do. I think she and Max had an angle on Shotgun or something. King was unbearable for the entire match.

I bet King was all over Sunny's puppies the entire match.....not a move was called.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Mini-Stars wrestling is the best wrestling out of Mexico for the past twenty years. Far more ring psychology and actual build from move to move rather than the standard "it's like a dance to get off every single signature move" of typical luchador.

The only King as commentator I enjoyed was ... nope, never liked him.

Which one? The ring logo or Stone Cold Pinhead?

200px-Royal_Rumble_1998.jpg

I will never understand that earring.

Kaladin

The only King as commentator I enjoyed was ... nope, never liked him.

I enjoyed straight up heel King to a point, till he went off the rails on something like short jokes for lucha, or extremely crappy wrestling.

He got being a heel commentator though.

strobogo

Banned
He was too annoying and cheesy. Brain was cheesy a lot, but also funny. King had a shitty joke book from the 50s that he still uses today. The only King I really like is 80s face King in Memphis. He's awesome at that. As a heel, he's too stoogy for my taste. Heel King (especially in WWE) reminds me a lot of Triad DDP.

jred2k

Which one? The ring logo or Stone Cold Pinhead?

The ring logo. Those colours just scream mid-90's WWF to me.

I think Kind as commentator was at his best when he was in an argument with his partner. Even then it was more JR and Vince's reactions to him that were more entertaining.

Top Bottom