• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

I still maintain that Naito was at his best when he was a sort-of heel pissed off with Tanahashi hogging to spot light.

Similarly, outside of the G1 final, Naito's best reaction from the crowd in the G1 was when he was being a huge dick to Ibushi.

I think New Japan envisioned him as the new Tanahashi, but it seems like that may end up being Okada. Naito just doesn't seem popular enough to make Okada the heel of the Tokyo Dome main event. I fully expect the crowd to be mostly behind Okada and, if that is the case, they should turn Naito heel in that match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Fun read even though max bench doesn't mean you're stronger than someone with a lower max bench. Functional strength is what matters.
Yeah, most of the guys had higher max benches than Show, but I'm sure he's stronger than them. Plus, a few of them seemed to be fudging the numbers.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
About the discussion about JBL. WWE's commentary is horrendous because they keep insisting on burying everyone not named Cena, Orton or CM Punk (when he's a face). Nobody looks like a legitimate competitor, because commentary consistently points out exactly why they suck. AJ worked to be in WWE and become top of the women's division since she was 12 and got a tattoo after she won the title to commemorate achieving her life goal. Think of it what you will backstage, but when most of your viewership thinks that's awesome and AJ should be cheered (94% of over 100k votes on wwe.com), the last thing you should do is bury her for it on TV for 2 months. People will resent you for it. Cesaro is your legit strongest competitor (pound for pound yada yada), so what do you do for a year? Bury him by jobbing him out and ridicule him for being a foreigner. Daniel Bryan is about to break through to the main event scene in a big way by gathering crowd support over the course of 1,5 years? Bury him by consistently telling us on air how he's too small and looks like a troll. Curtis Axel is repackaged and put with the best promo in your company, so what do you do? Bury him by jobbing him out every match.

This is where JR was brilliant, when JR was on commentary, every person in that ring was made out to be a great competitor at the top of his game. The biggest jobbers where being talked up. Same thing in NXT, William Regal (for all his fault and stumbling over words) will consistently talk up every single person in that ring, no matter how green, he will find some way to talk them up. For instance, The Ascension aren't that great in the ring, but William Regal will point out how amazing they are for keeping their opponent in their quarter (not half, no, their quarter, he insists) of the ring, so they cannot make the pin. On Raw and Smackdown, Cole will refuse to call the matches, JBL will bury just about everyone in the ring because they're not worthy of the talent he came up with (this is not just Vince talking, it's JBL) and King will make sexist, racist and otherwise offensive jokes about everyone, except Cena, Orton and CM Punk (when he's a face). Nobody looks legit, nobody's getting over and people literally STOP WATCHING the program because of how commentary will tell you to not care about ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. THEY SUCK!

If you want a WWE that's done right, go look at the articles on wwe.com. Over there, they make an effort to put over their talent. Coming back to AJ, they will put over how she got a tattoo because of her commitment to the company, instead of burying her by making jokes about it. They will talk about Curtis Axel's heritage and how his pairing with Heyman will bring him to great heights. They will talk about Daniel Bryan's time in the indies and how he once fought with a detached eyeball BECAUSE HE DOESN'T QUIT! EVER! They will ask Cesaro about how he came all the way from Europe to the US to become a professional wrestler. Every person they write an article on comes over as a legit competitor.

But no, not WWE TV. On Raw, we will see every champion (except Cena, Orton and CM Punk when he's a face) consistently lose matches, only to get their wins back on Main Event or Smackdown, because champions must look weak and beatable. People will constantly be jobbed out to whoever they're pushing, just for them to drop their push after two months and job them out for a year until their next two month push. And then they don't know why people can't get over as they're wrestling great matches while commentary talks about how shit they are or doesn't talk about hem at all, but rather put over the main event angle instead as we fill 3 hours worth of Raw for 20 minutes worth of program they actually planned out.

JBL has been awful since he came back, I was excited to have him back and he was good for a while, but he's very consistent in burying anyone, face or heel, at any time. Michael Cole doesn't recognise about 75% of the moves and doesn't acknowledge 90% of the moves he does know, while Jerry Lawler sits by, collects his paychecks and makes dated offensive jokes about everything. OH LOOK GUYS! PAUL HEYMAN IS FAT, HE IS A WALRUS! NO, HE'S A PAULRUS. *snicker*

To add to that, as mentioned, their booking of these guys and girls makes NONE OF THEM look like the top wrestlers in the world, except Cena, Orton and CM Punk when he's a face and then they have people like HHH and Stephanie outright bury them in their promo's week after week, doesn't matter if the guy or girl is a face or a heel, we must bury them outright on the mic, every night. "But they're heels, they're supposed to do that." Yes, they are, but we're also supposed to be told and shown that THEY ARE WRONG! Commentary should tell us, you know guys, Triple H is full of fucking shit. Daniel Bryan isn't weak or a B+ player, he's the best fucking wrestler in the world, there is nobody as good as him. Did you know he once wrestled with his EYEBALL DETACHED FROM HIS SKULL and refused to QUIT THE MATCH? HE IS AWESOME! And then HHH should get his comeuppance as Daniel Bryan beats everyone they put in front of him, Orton and HHH himself as he stands tall every week DESPITE them burying him.

But no, not in WWE, in WWE wrestlers should know their fucking place, they shouldn't get over unless WWE tells you they're over. You can't like who you like, you must like THIS GUY, you must love THESE WOMEN. People get over on their own? Bury them. People express their love for the business? Bury them. People work hard to get over, despite constant burials, BURY THEM MORE. People aren't 7 feet tall? BURY THEM.

This company has the biggest audience and most of the best wrestlers in the world under contract (overall, looking at the whole roster, it's undeniable WWE has the best in the world right there). Yet they are fucking DESPERATE to run their entire business into the ground over backstage bullshit, corporate bullying and horrible writing. It's fucking insane and it constantly pisses every single wrestling fan off to the point where they just give up altogether.

As CM Punk said in 2011, McMahon is millionaire, who should be a billionaire, despite himself. They're coasting by while consistently losing audience because of inflation and smart marketing schemes increasing profits. That well will run dry one day, when their viewership drops below TNA levels, and it will unless they change their shit. For instance, their contracts for Raw and Smackdown are up in September and October of 2014 (source: WON), they will renogiate new contracts and change channels to higher bidders. But their ratings will likely drop, as they'll move to a lower profile channel than USA Network. Great for the short term, but interest will drop until nobody's watching.

At this rate, I give WWE maybe another decade, if that, before they're off TV altogether. And it's their own fault for burying their product. Congrats McMahon, you build the biggest wrestling company in the world and then buried it before you die, just so nobody can claim to be a better promoter than you. Congratu-fucking-lations.

[/fuckthiscompany]
I've only read the 1st paragraph so far, but it was beautiful.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guess what got uploaded

Minoru Suzuki vs AJA KONG AJA KONG AJA KONG /seanbaby
minoruaja97ot9.gif

Featuring the shocking, unbelievable sight ... of MiSu respecting another wrestler

I'll still watch WWE for all the guys I like that are there, but Aiii's not wrong, though I don't think WWE will be going away from TV even a decade out.

Re: Ohno, while the guy is an indie legend at this point, it's not as though he was some paragon of entertainment on NXT. A few great matches, but as an overall performer, he always seemed uncomfortable, like he wasn't sure who he really wanted his character to be. He can probably make more money touring and doing as many indie and Japan bookings as he can that he can as a WWE developmental guy.

And who knows? Maybe he was released because he wanted to leave. Considering his friendship with several of WWE's top guys, I imagine there were some people who could have gone to bat for him, though perhaps they had and he was simply out of chances for all his fuckups. It's hard to feel bad for someone who gets signed to the potentially most lucrative wrestling job in the world and misses training sessions, y'know?

bjork

I'm a bad fan who doesn't follow indies and all that, but I need to know: has Daffney wrestled at all since that lawsuit got sewn up, or will she in the future?

DMczaf

Wildman Marc Mero's theme music sounds like Killer Instinct music.

Actually, so does The Stalker's music.

THATS GOING TO BE THE MAN RIGHT THERE! BLUE CHIPPER!

Jamie OD

I'm a bad fan who doesn't follow indies and all that, but I need to know: has Daffney wrestled at all since that lawsuit got sewn up, or will she in the future?

All I have seen of her since that lawsuit was in Shimmer as a babyface manager.

strobogo

Banned
You know WCW wasn't shit before Hogan since no one, even at Turner, cared that they had a Jewish guy pretending to be a (ambiguously gay) black guy for years.

Nah, she hasn't wrestled since 2011 and isn't likely to get back in the ring. Recently she's been the hostess for SHINE shows or occasional manager to the likes of Roxxi and MsChif.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The whole point of that lawsuit was that Daffney's career was shortened by that match and TNA woudln't cover it. So I doubt she'll be wrestling anymore.

bjork

Nah, she hasn't wrestled since 2011 and isn't likely to get back in the ring. Recently she's been the hostess for SHINE shows or occasional manager to the likes of Roxxi and MsChif.

Damn. I might have to check out shine, then. I really used to enjoy Daffney. I would even tune into TNA when she was there.

you marks on facebook at all? I realize I have no one on there from here.

I am but I don't do much on there ever. I think the last time I posted something was January.

I remember the end of that Nitro that Stro just did. I remember it because Bobby Heenan randomly took off during the trash throwing. He came on the WCW Live radio show after Nitro and said he got popped in the neck with a battery.

strobogo

Banned
Chris Hero has been signed to PWGs all sat weekend

Also eat da feet

fWZXERT.gif

These are great and should be done for everyone on the roster, with Big Show's just being him crying.

chun-li-game-over1.jpg

I remember the end of that Nitro that Stro just did. I remember it because Bobby Heenan randomly took off during the trash throwing. He came on the WCW Live radio show after Nitro and said he got popped in the neck with a battery.

Fans were really pissed at that ending. There was another gif where things were just flying by the hard cam and it didn't stop even once Sting came down and posed with Hogan. I didn't even realize it at first, but Rick actually came down over a minute before the finish and stood around waiting for his cue. He came down way early, the fans all saw him come out and reacted, and then got pissed when he finally got on camera a minute later.

MattyH

Stro is back?

strobogo

Banned
Yaaaaaaaas, I figured out Tenryu's theme on guitar up to the end of the first solo ^-^

This guy's cover is helping a lot, but my version's more rocking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37vVR6SkyPk

Any other guitarists here on WrassleGAF?

I play guitar and piano. I've played both for probably 12ish years, but I'm self taught and never took lessons, so I'm not as skilled as I should be for having played as long as I have.

He's talking about that hack, strobogo, not fan-favorite, The Str0.

iJ4CEbGm7JTkU.gif

Do you think that this Miami Dolphins hazing/bullying scandal will have any ramifications towards Pro Wrestling locker room culture and ribs?

Top Bottom