• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

jmdajr

Wow, this made it to Kotaku? I often keep up with drug war news because of where I'm from, but this now has cross appeal. What a gimmick.

Mexican Drug Cartel Selfies Show the Pouty Side of Crime

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How?

It wouldn't be any cheaper. It wouldn't have any other games six months from now. It wouldn't have any other features six months from now. The only difference is you'd have to wait another six months for the exact same end result.

In the end, it doesn't matter if you buy it now and have it sit in the box for six months until you use it. There's definitely no pricedrop for at least a year or two I'd imagine either.

Who buys launch consoles for launch games anyways? Isn't the whole idea behind that that you're buying something for the future? I dunno, that's how I approached it. Might be a gamble, but that's half the fun. (fucking Wii U)

I would hope most people are buying launch consoles for launch games - that's what's supposed to sell you on it. I don't understand the rationale that "something good might exist for it later." That's a dumb gamble. Early adopters always get fucked. On the other hand, there are launch games I badly want that I can't get anywhere else. MY DELICIOUS FORZA!

Knack looks like ass in terms of that horrid art direction, but I'll probably try the demo. I mean, Kameo ended up being kinda fun, despite being all kinds of fugly.

Also, am I the only one perfectly happy with the launch line-ups? I'll be getting Killzone, Battlefield, FIFA, Resogun and Contrast on launch day, Ass Creed IV a month or two later and whatever downloadable titles take my fancy. That's better than last gen. The 360 saw me playing nothing but COD2, PDZ & PGR3 for months, while the PS3 had...uh, Resistance, I guess? That awful Genji game. COD3 and Riiiiiiiidge Racer.

BF4's christ-tier on PC so I expect the consoles to have parity with it. It's so good, guys. AC4 was smart to pick up on PC since it's SO friggin cheap now. Killzone looks alright, my only concern is that it's Killzone so it's not an especially great pedigree. Resogun is the next Fantavision. Contrast :| and I wouldn't touch FIFER with yours.

God Genji was so bad. So was Resistance :( And that was the best Resistance of all 3!

I would hope most people are buying launch consoles for launch games - that's what's supposed to sell you on it. I don't understand the rationale that "something good might exist for it later." That's a dumb gamble. Early adopters always get fucked. On the other hand, there are launch games I badly want that I can't get anywhere else. MY DELICIOUS FORZA!

FORZA isn't even the premier racing title anymore. It's lost it's shine.

Forza was fun, but I think Horizon will probably be better. I loved the feel of that game way more than normal Forza.

And lol at Resogun being Fantavision: Shit like this is Housemarque's calling card. I expect gold

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, fuck Forza.And fuck GT.All i wanted is a new Ridge Racer.

You do? Isn't there some F2P Ridge Racer out there?

me and sunflower are gonna be on killer instincts

all night long

jCtPMexHjTuBR_e.jpg

This is not a normal Sunflower criticism. Something must be wrong.

You have to be one of those racing grognards to get your value out of iRacing. You need some fuckin bananas wheel, some pedals, some stupid bucket seat to sit in. It's cool to see someone with that setup but it's not practical.

I'm stealing your article and making a thread about it AND I QUOTE.

Make sure you add a pic of Roman Reigns with the WWE title in the OP pleeeeease. Gotta get that WrassleGAF Reach.

Project CARS of course. Any self respecting race simulator enthusiast would know this, You casual Forza Xbox Sofa Driver.

This looks like some European wank material. Don't you people ever take an interest in something that can be done on the correct side of the road?

You do? Isn't there some F2P Ridge Racer out there?

jCtPMexHjTuBR_e.jpg

You have to be one of those racing grognards to get your value out of iRacing. You need some fuckin bananas wheel, some pedals, some stupid bucket seat to sit in. It's cool to see someone with that setup but it's not practical.

Make sure you add a pic of Roman Reigns with the WWE title in the OP pleeeeease. Gotta get that WrassleGAF Reach.

This looks like some European wank material. Don't you people ever take an interest in something that can be done on the correct side of the road?

Oh, sorry America. Straight roads for everybody, wouldn't want to test your driving skills with any of those pesky corners or dare say... a roundabout (American Translation: Rotary).

Bunch of Drag Racing Tunnel Visioned Soft Arses.

Make it a Free to Play MMO.

iJOnxn6hUEZ5O.gif

I do enjoy the use of wrestling gifs creeping across GAF.

Aiii

So not worth it

You realise Europe is quite a bit bigger than the UK right?

Silly Americans suck at geography. FYI Sunny, only the UK folk drive on the wrong side of the road, the rest of Europe uses normal lanes.

The only way I can see someone not being hyped for Resogun is if they never played SuperStardust, or even more unlikely, didn't like SuperStardust. That game is gold and I'm sure Resogun will be no different.

Also, Forza has to be the most soulless racing game I've ever played. I miss PGR :(

Man, fuck Forza.And fuck GT.All i wanted is a new Ridge Racer.

Man, me too. I know the series got a bad rap over the past gen, but there's just something about the gameplay that I love - I'd definitely buy a new one, even if it was just more of the same with a fresh lick of paint.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not that F2P outsourced bullshit.A real arcade-style Ridge Racer.Fuckin' Scamco.

? Why waste time with Ridge Racer when the REAL arcade racer is Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast?

vWbQmxs.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, sorry America. Straight roads for everybody, wouldn't want to test your driving skills with any of those pesky corners or dare say... a roundabout (American Translation: Rotary).

Bunch of Drag Racing Tunnel Visioned Soft Arses.

America is about POWER brah. Who cares how fast you can TURN when it's all about SPEED?

You realise Europe is quite a bit bigger than the UK right?

Silly Americans suck at geography. FYI Sunny, only the UK folk drive on the wrong side of the road, the rest of Europe uses normal lanes.

Actually yes I know, I learned (learnt*) it in Euro Truck Sim 2. "THANK GOD I'M FINALLY OFF OF THAT SHITTY ISLAND I CAN DRIVE LIKE A HUMAN AND NOT A CUP OF TEA"

It's just so much more fun saying "Euro" because it sounds condescending. Right? :|

The only way I can see someone not being hyped for Resogun is if they never played SuperStardust, or even more unlikely, didn't like SuperStardust. That game is gold and I'm sure Resogun will be no different.

Also, Forza has to be the most soulless racing game I've ever played. I miss PGR :(

The last SSD game was really disappointing. I don't have high hopes for a misspelled game. Had it been "Re-Shogun" I'd be far more interested uguu~

Alright, but do you feel Forza is more or less lively than GT? PGR was so good.

they were given shit to work with.

They uniformly crapped on the product. When you give the same crappy reaction to Ryback/Truth, Nikki Bella/Tamina, and The Real God Damn Americans you are basically calling those things equal. They are not.

Also any audience that chants "We Are Awesome" deserves to be set ablaze in the Impact Zone.

They uniformly crapped on the product. When you give the same crappy reaction to Ryback/Truth, Nikki Bella/Tamina, and The Real God Damn Americans you are basically calling those things equal. They are not.

Also any audience that chants "We Are Awesome" deserves to be set ablaze in the Impact Zone.

UK Shows are always shit. The one I went to had a 3 Umanga matches in one night. Three. T H R E E... and one was against Robbie Brookside.

America is about POWER brah. Who cares how fast you can TURN when it's all about SPEED?

Sounds to me like you'd probably get more enjoyment driving trains if it's straight lines and power you're after.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god Plywood you magnificent son of a bitch, you did it. AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT AT FIRST GLANCE. Bravo!

radcliff

Curt Hawkins apparently helped the Rock as well, where in the hell is he? At least his old buddy Ryder is selling merch on RAW.

And then there's this:

cW7ag.png

Axel sucks. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that will make me change my opinion about him.

Could be because Axel is a 3rd generation wrestler and Hawkins isn't. To us that means nothing, but it seems to mean a lot to those in charge. And that image isn't an actual quote but a gross exaggeration.

miserable

Man, me too. I know the series got a bad rap over the past gen, but there's just something about the gameplay that I love - I'd definitely buy a new one, even if it was just more of the same with a fresh lick of paint.

I'd powerbomb somebody through a popcorn bag for an HD version of Ridge Racer Type 4.And don't even get me started on PGR :(

jmdajr

Am I supposed to believe Del Rio can hurt Cena?

I'm trying to think how long it took as a kid before I realized Hulk Hogan couldn't lose.
I'm thinking even back then people thought Macho Man had a chance. Maybe.

Warrior win was a pretty big shock though.

Aiii

So not worth it
That thread just shows how many people watch WWE that we aren't drawing to this thread.

We need to fix this, we need to put more attractions in our main event to improve our buyrates, DAMNIT!

Am I supposed to believe Del Rio can hurt Cena?

I'm trying to think how long it took as a kid before I realized Hulk Hogan couldn't lose.
I'm thinking even back then people thought macho man had a chance. Maybe.

Warrior win was a pretty big shock though.

HE GONNA GO FOR CENA'S ELBOW, BRO! GOTTA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That thread just shows how many people watch WWE that we aren't drawing to this thread.

We need to fix this, we need to put more attractions in our main event to improve our buyrates, DAMNIT!

I try, but I get hate! Everyone hates Vince!

Alright, but do you feel Forza is more or less lively than GT? PGR was so good.

Oh, don't get me wrong, GT is dull, but I've always appreciated their extreme attention to detail and the tone and presentation of the games. Forza (bearing in mind I haven't played one since Forza 2) was always just lacking something for me. I loved the decals though, spent a freaking AGE making custom paint jobs, more time than I actually did racing. PGR was my go to racing game from back when it was still MSR on the Dreamcast, I haven't really found a suitable replacement series as of yet.

Also, Rallysport Challenge - where the hell is my 3rd one, Microsoft? Give me PGR, give me Rallysport and give me some big exclusive games that aren't Halo, Forza or Gears and I might just buy your console.

Kaladin

In my WWE Universe, Daniel Bryan won his 3 PPV feud with Cena over the WWE Championship. He lost the first match at Extreme Rules, won the second and then won Cena's rematch.

Meanwhile The Rock emerged as a contender after winning the Money In The Bank briefcase. After The Rock won the case, Bryan began playing mind games with the People's Champ and now I'm in a 3 PPV feud with The Rock while he has the MITB case.

While it makes little sense on paper to start a feud with the man that holds a contract for a title match at any time, it will be interesting to see what happens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, don't get me wrong, GT is dull, but I've always appreciated their extreme attention to detail and the tone and presentation of the games. Forza (bearing in mind I haven't played one since Forza 2) was always just lacking something for me. I loved the decals though, spent a freaking AGE making custom paint jobs, more time than I actually did racing. PGR was my go to racing game from back when it was still MSR on the Dreamcast, I haven't really found a suitable replacement series as of yet.

Also, Rallysport Challenge - where the hell is my 3rd one, Microsoft? Give me PGR, give me Rallysport and give me some big exclusive games that aren't Halo, Forza or Gears and I might just buy your console.

Oh well there you go. Forza 4 was pretty fucking dope, as was 3. Huge leaps beyond 2 imho. And I liked making stupid-ass car paint jobs.

WWE Car Fleet appear! Had I not got rid of Forza 4 literally last night, I would go download a bunch of Batista cars and show pics of them.

If you want a racing game with at least some soul to it, Forza Horizon is for you. They went SSX3 style with the story being told mostly via radio, and I quite liked that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you want a racing game with at least some soul to it, Forza Horizon is for you. They went SSX3 style with the story being told mostly via radio, and I quite liked that.

Horizon blew my expectations away. Cannot wait for Horizon 2. Just pure fun. Loved it. Felt like the best parts of the original Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on PS1.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved that depending on what country you were in, the police would yell at you in their native language. Sigh...I miss that NFS...

Top Bottom