• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD July Hardware numbers and some interesting facts

Link316

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
so it's like the metroid situation?

pretty much, its something I've noticed they've done with their franchises since the SNES, kinda sucks cause I want them to make Waverace instead of having NST do it

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hahahaha...we were all owned.

LUKAAAASS!!! You got some 'splainin' to do!

EDIT: Real numbers:
PS2 - 100,014
XBX - 34,012
GC - 132,800,000
GBA - 900,004,140,156,104.21

human5892 said:
Hahahaha...we were all owned.

LUKAAAASS!!! You got some 'splainin' to do!

EDIT: Real numbers:
PS2 - 100,014
XBX - 34,012
GC - 132,800,000
GBA - 900,004,140,156,104.21

If they are false, I say he has to post his source or face a permaban.

Meier said:
His source was reirom at Opa-Age. Gaffers are crying.

If his source was reirom to begin with, we don't need to wait. Ban him instantly. Now that I think of it, his posts do have alot in common with Reirom, only Reirom makes more sense.

He's got to be Reirom.

When I first questioned the numbers he posted:

Lukas said:
added GBA.

these numbers are from a realiable source, and they posted the exact same top 15 npd, so I dont know why they would lie about the hardware #s

Izzy

Banned
July 2004 Hardware Sales

PS2: 305,000 (+2% over 2003)
Xbox: 202,000 (+47%)
GCN: 93,000 (-27%)
GBA: 395,000 (-19%)

Cumulative Installed Base

PS2: 24,433,000
Xbox: 9,367,000
GCN: 7,672,000
GBA: 22,579,000

Looks like that crazy Nintendo blog picked up on it.

WOO! Party on dudes! It’s that time again, time for the NDP for July figures. Course like most post ‘round these parts, we’ve now got the skinny on Nintendo. Straight from the NDP TRSTS report, the hardware figures broke down in a favorable way for Nintendo. Check out the figures below : - )

Total Accumulative By Company
Nintendo: 493,000 units
Sony: 290,000 units

Microsoft: 245,000 units

By Hardware:
GameCube: 93,000 units
Game Boy Advance: 400,000 units
PlayStation 2: 290,000 units
Xbox: 245,000 units

P90

Greekboy said:
Three things noted in this topic:

1) Fanboys are pathetic.

2) GCN sales are pathetic.

3) GBA sales are impressive.

A couple more things:

4) Xbox WW sales are pathetic.

5) PS2 sales are impressive.

Greekboy said:
Three things noted in this topic:

1) Fanboys are pathetic.

2) GCN sales are pathetic.

3) GBA sales are impressive.

aren't you lisa lashes ? Whats with the name change. I remember the userid; greekboy. Didn't you get banned?

yeah, if the numbers are faked, then lukkasss of whoever should be banned. Nintendo gets way to much hate.

Greekboy

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
aren't you lisa lashes ? Whats with the name change. I remember the userid; greekboy. Didn't you get banned?

I guess some mod found out I had both a clit and a penis.

P90 said:
Yup. Why so defensive?

I'm not. I own all 3 consoles. Just wondered if my criteria meshed with yours.

P90

TheGreenGiant said:

yeah, if the numbers are faked, then lukkasss of whoever should be banned. Nintendo gets way to much hate.

if this is thesame greekboy a short leash is called for. Why isn't Morphix allowed back then?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Being purple and having a handle could have been strikes against the system in the eyes of many. But the Cube shipped with a more substantive problem: its unsuitability for playing sports games.

Exhibit 1: the controller. No explanation needed.
Exhibit 2: memory card situation. Saving seasons was a pain in the ass until they released the bigger memory card later.

Many casuals who only play sports games never considered a Cube for these reasons. That's a huge audience that all went to Microsoft or Sony, and with good reason. And as mentioned above, when people play Madden on their buddies' Xbox or PS2, they are going to get the same thing. Problem gets worse.

And now we sit back and wait to see what Miyamoto wants the next controller to look like. I doubt he's been cussing about how hard it is to throw to a receiver assigned to the Z button on his GC controller.

Top Bottom