• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD March 2012 Sales Results [Up3: ME3 Total, Binary Domain]

MrFortyFive

I hope Kid Icarus has some legs. It deserves every sale it can get. It took me a few tries to get over the controls but I'm loving it now. It's good to see that it has sold what is has now. I've seen quite a bit of marketing for it so I guess that's doing something.

BurntPork

Banned
it is true

I want to see where this was said. I believe it, but I still want to see.

Anyway, wow. If that's the case, Vita is really going to give 3DS a run for its money. Hopefully this threat will make Nintendo actually try in the west. Vita will probably outsell 3DS next month.

This basically translates to a big fat fail for vita hardware.

Such a shame this handheld not getting the support is deserves.

All that Vita R@D $$$ (marketing too) should have gone toward doing the PS4 right. Fucking stupid to release a dedicated handheld that competes with your own home console.

I don't care how nice the Vita tech is. With the popularity of the iPad and much less Kindle Fire the ONLY market for Vita was mobile gaming...which can be done on...well, the iPad and the Kindle Fire.

Stupid Sony. (and I love their development houses)

Kyon

Banned

Anyway, wow. If that's the case, Vita is really going to give 3DS a run for its money. Hopefully this threat will make Nintendo actually try in the west. Vita will probably outsell 3DS next month.

Creamsugar posted it in here, he usually has the numbers and is usually right. That's th source

Wow.

3DS has nothing for April, right? If so, Vita's definitely taking the lead here.

index.php

I really can't tell if your being sarcastic.

All that Vita R@D $$$ (marketing too) should have gone toward doing the PS4 right. Fucking stupid to release a dedicated handheld that competes with your own home console.

I don't care how nice the Vita tech is. With the popularity of the iPad and much less Kindle Fire the ONLY market for Vita was mobile gaming...which can be done on...well, the iPad and the Kindle Fire.

Stupid Sony. (and I love their development houses)

I didn't even think of that but I already own an iPad and just today I bought my girlfriend a Kindle Fire just to be nice. That was money that would have gone to a 3DS or Vita.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Not sure if serious.

Somnid

Wow.

3DS has nothing for April, right? If so, Vita's definitely taking the lead here.

And the Vita has what for April? Disgaea 3 port? Mario Land and Mario Kart will be selling consoles in April as well. Hell I'd bet KI:U outsells the best Vita seller in April.

BurntPork

Banned
I'm making the point that it's likely that the only reason 3DS was ahead in March was Kid Icarus. Is there anything wrong with that statement considering how close they ended up being? 3DS is obviously going to sell less next month, while Vita might sell about the same, so it's possible.

Kangi

I'm making the point that it's likely that the only reason 3DS was ahead in March was Kid Icarus. Is there anything wrong with that statement considering how close they ended up being? 3DS is obviously going to sell less next month, while Vita might sell about the same, so it's possible.

Wait, so a game that barely sold more than Mario Kart 7 for the month is what brought 3DS to victory this month? And the Vita will suddenly pull ahead next month depsite this being its first full month on the market and it was still unable to beat the 3DS?

BurntPork

Banned
I really don't think Kid Icarus pushed that many systems.

Even if it only pushed 10k, it's enough to make a difference. I doubt that the Mario games will sell another 100k each next month as well. At the very least, they'll be close unless Vita drops for... some... reason... Wait, I didn't consider that second month still has a lot of early adopters, did I?

Ugh. I need to stay away from these threads. I'm one step closer to a perma over something stupid. >_>;

jman2050

Even if it only pushed 10k, it's enough to make a difference. I doubt that the Mario games will sell another 100k each next month as well. At the very least, they'll be close unless Vita drops for... some... reason... Wait, I didn't consider that second month still has a lot of early adopters, did I?

How about the February month was 4 days of sales so it's reasonable to expect quite a bit of frontloading in its first full month. To what extent we don't know but there is likely going to be a sharp dropoff from that 40k weekly average next month.

Poyunch

Ugh. I need to stay away from these threads. I'm one step closer to a perma over something stupid. >_>;

Care to make a ban bet? Ban bets aren't permas.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
How about the February month was 4 days of sales so it's reasonable to expect quite a bit of frontloading in its first full month. To what extent we don't know but there is likely going to be a sharp dropoff from that 40k weekly average next month.

I could be wrong, but I believe NPD or Sony's PR counted more than 4 days of Vita sales. I remember there being a back and forth about that in the thread. Doesn't make a huge difference but still.

jman2050

I could be wrong, but I believe NPD or Sony's PR counted more than 4 days of Vita sales. I remember there being a back and forth about that in the thread. Doesn't make a huge difference but still.

There was a debate on whether the NPD sales included the preorder bundles sold a week before launch, but either way, there were only 4 days of sales counted.

Petrae

Did the Vita even outsell the 3DS its launch month? I wouldn't bet on it outselling the 3DS just yet.

No. Vita (226) lagged behind 3DS (262) last month.

I am guessing declines for both platforms for April. No significant new software and fewer tax refunds should amount to fewer sales. I do think 3DS continues outpacing Vita by a narrow margin, as it has in the last couple of months.

coldfoot

Banned
As I've said before, make a PS Vita XL tablet that is an android tablet that also plays Vita games, or make a custom android OS just like Amazon did with the kindle but branch off of 4.0. Do something!

Seriously when will Sony see that divisions lead by people in Japan will not get them anywhere where software is concerned. If they really don't want Gaijin in management, they should make their execs move to silicon valley.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
So for Vita the end of Feb launch was around 200k, March is around 200k, only 100k to go and Tretton finally gets his "500k in 3 weeks" figure!

You can do it Vita.

BurntPork

Banned
Care to make a ban bet? Ban bets aren't permas.

My next ban is perma for sure, so no.

@Fantastical

Vita had 9 days if you include the first edition bundle. But I give up anyway. The fact that I admit that I was wrong counts for something, right? Maybe? I'm really sorry. ;-; I won't post in here again.

Top Bottom