• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2011 Sales Results [Update 7: Skyrim, CoD Wii, PC Retail Sales Up 57%]

So off the top pf my head Wii USA lead on 360 was ~7.5m last month, picked up 840k this month so that should drop to ~6.7m. I'm too lazy for exact #'s right now.

At the rate things are accelerating 360 could gain another 1m+ in Dec, before the numbers get smaller again in the slow months. It's now clear Wii wont get the same relative holiday boost in 2011 it did in 2010. If not showing Wii is dying pretty fast compared to the HD consoles.

So yeah, it continues to be fairly inevitable 360 should eventually top Wii in USA sales. Especially barring a 2012 next box which personally I'm certain wont happen.

BurntPork

Banned
PS3... o_O

... And yet Sony still can't put out a decent PR. :lol

So... Nintendo's the one who made out bad this time? Times are changing! The GCN days are coming back!

[Nintex]

Wow, ever since Mattrick is leading the Xbox division it exploded even Moore with all his marketing knowledge, slick tactics, developer deals and money hats could not do what Mattrick has done. He really turned the Xbox into the number 1 gaming platform for the US market. If I had told people back in 2005 that MS would outsell PlayStation 3 2:1 I would've probably been banned for trolling

Mrbob

UC3 not as high as I thought, but it beat Zelda so at least this saves me from the Nintendo fan base I was discussing sales with from pouncing on me.

PS3 good, 360 WOW.

3DS sales are ok. I don't think it will be the monster the ds has become.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well this is the last we'll hear about the Wii
big%20boss%20salute.JPG

GDC (in my opinion) should open the floodgate of the Wii U info machine.

Truth101

Banned
So off the top pf my head Wii USA lead on 360 was ~7.5m last month, picked up 840k this month so that should drop to ~6.7m. I'm too lazy for exact #'s right now.

At the rate things are accelerating 360 could gain another 1m+ in Dec, before the numbers get smaller again in the slow months. It's now clear Wii wont get the same relative holiday boost in 2011 it did in 2010. If not showing Wii is dying pretty fast compared to the HD consoles.

So yeah, it continues to be fairly inevitable 360 should eventually top Wii in USA sales. Especially barring a 2012 next box which personally I'm certain wont happen.

It isn't going to happen.

zero_suit

PS3... o_O

... And yet Sony still can't put out a decent PR. :lol

So... Nintendo's the one who made out bad this time? Times are changing! The GCN days are coming back!

I believe the Wii sold more in Nov. than the GC did in an entire year during the same time frame.

Road

So yeah, it continues to be fairly inevitable 360 should eventually top Wii in USA sales.
LTD

WII: 37.75
360: 30.98
PS3: 19.05

Derrick01

Banned
Well... I'm of the mind that the renewed interest in the 360 is almost exclusively a result of Kinect.

So traditional gaming is still dying.

Yeah but kinect software isn't doing shit. It's mostly core games doing the insane sales numbers.

So traditional gaming is still doing pretty good.

Kazerei

Banned

Ehh, I wouldn't say it's inevitable. The next Xbox will launch in 2013 at the latest, so there's not alot of time to make up that ground.

zero_suit

Nah, it still won't happen.

So yeah, it continues to be fairly inevitable 360 should eventually top Wii in USA sales.
Ahhh, yes.

This either won't happen, or it won't matter when it does.

By the end of next year Nintendo's next console will be on shelves. At that point does it matter if MS sells more systems than a system Nintendo isn't promoting as the console?

It's like GCN fans thinking it would matter if the GCN caught up to the discontinued Xbox.

Yes, you got the highest grade in the class, but you're still in the special ed class.

GavinGT

Banned
Kinect has little to do with it. The only reason so many Kinects were sold on BF was that they were basically giving them away and it was difficult to find a 360 without one bundled in.

Or I'm wrong and there are millions of people who bought Kinect to play Kinect Adventures.

jax (old)

Banned
Holy Crap Uncharted, nice placement against those guys.

should have been a million but yes; releasing vs multiplatform monsters and being the 1st exclusive ain't bad. should have been a million though. I mean the game before it was GOTY

Dipswitch

Phenomenal hardware numbers for MS. That "soft" pricecut (ala the giftcards) worked wonders for them.

Sony has to be psyched to finally be out of the doldrums. Good numbers for them.

And for a "dead" system, the Wii is still selling pretty damn well. All in all, I think Nintendo has to be pretty happy with those numbers.

Karak

[Nintex];33325984 said:
Wow, ever since Mattrick is leading the Xbox division it exploded even Moore with all his marketing knowledge, slick tactics, developer deals and money hats could not do what Mattrick has done. He really turned the Xbox into the number 1 gaming platform for the US market. If I had told people back in 2005 that MS would outsell PlayStation 3 2:1 I would've probably been banned for trolling

Probably. I know I was hammered when I was gung ho for him the first time he was officially announced as the main man. He has some impressive credentials, additionally he has been known for a long time to be a big master planner, capable of handling loss to achieve a goal. His personal letter to MS staff seemed sort of ripe with "master plan" when he first started. Also as a previous developer he made it known that a main goal was to constantly push for the absolute best possible tools for those making 360 games.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Both the HD consoles seem really impressive when compared to their previous Novembers.

Would love to see a platform split for the top few games.

Kinect has little to do with it. The only reason so many Kinects were sold on BF was that they were basically giving them away and it was difficult to find a 360 without one bundled in.

Or I'm wrong and there are millions of people who bought Kinect to play Kinect Adventures.

Millions bought a Wii for Wii Sports.

It's not like there isn't precedent.

unomas

Banned
Most exciting NPD numbers in a while.

I'm stunned at how much the 360 has surged in the last year. I guess the power of Kinnect?

To me it's the whole experience. You have the new slim released last year, the best 3rd party support, being on top of the change in preference for many adult and teen gamers with online shooters. There is just so much to it, the reason the 360 is so popular is because of all these things put together along with Kinect and their focus on winning all markets. Even if Kinect software isn't selling that great it's just one more piece of the puzzle that gives people an option. Xbox Live also blows away PSN in terms of feeling connected to the community.

9 million. WOW. COD is not losing steam at all.

It would have sold a million if it did not come between BF3 and MW3. Skyrim and Batman are also big sellers. Too much competition this month, and honestly i did not expect Uncharted 3 to seel this much. I though it will sell less.

Why would you expect it to sell less?

It's the only PS3 exclusive. It's heavily marketed and heavily discounted for BF and it's been out for the full month.

If anything it's numbers are "ok"

BurntPork

Banned
Alright, so using my bars from the last thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32629105&postcount=306

The 3DS is at 53% of the DS's sales.

I don't feel this is a terrible result, but I feel it could be much stronger, especially since it was doing a great job at holding around 75% for the last two or three months.

Yeah, but the thing is that this is also the first month since the 3DS launch that DS 2010 > DS+3DS 2011. Demand for Nintendo handhelds dropped this holiday. I hate to say it, but I think that mobile gaming is starting to have an effect. I only expect GBA numbers out of 3DS, but at a slower rate.

On the plus side, it is way more than the DS's first two Novembers.

Elios83

And for a "dead" system, the Wii is still selling pretty damn well. All in all, I think Nintendo has to be pretty happy with those numbers, all things considered.

Imo Nintendo can't be happy because they killed the Wii with their hands for nothing considering that thay have not unveiled sufficient infos about the Wii U this year, their presentation was forgettable and basically the system will need to be re-unveiled next year.

Basch

Well... I'm of the mind that the renewed interest in the 360 is almost exclusively a result of Kinect.

So traditional gaming is still dying.

And Sony nearly sold a million because of Move. Yep, that's totally believable. /s

Were there any Move PS3 bundles available during BF for $250 or less?

Top Bottom