• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

jordan0386 said:
So, its gonna be $600 for the next six years...is this confirmed yet?

When did I say aything about price.

Let me make my statement very clear.

The fact that PS2 sold 100m units, does not imply that PS3 will sell 100m units.

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:

What do you not understand? The PS3 is the new Gamecube. Eat it. Breathe it. Live with it. If you want to compare the PS3 to anything, right now, forget about price points and upcoming 'hardcore' software list wars - just compare it to the Gamecube.

Earthstrike said:
What so the rules of sales apply differently to different brands? You're idea of carryover is flawed, period.

I SAID...playstation people love their playstation, as evident by it selling 200m consoles in about 10 years or so

Who cares about different brands, when I was talking about playstation

Narag

jordan0386 said:

Yup. No games past 2008 for the Wii and MS cancelled all software after Halo 3 under the pretense 360 owners don't need anything else except for a new 360 after they get banned.

Seriously, why do you keep tossing this stuff out here?

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:
I SAID...playstation people love their playstation, as evident by it selling 200m consoles in about 10 years or so

And I SAID:

The casual buyer make up the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of sales on platforms such as the NES/PSX/PS2/DS/etc. They have no fanboy allegiance to any brand, and history proves that point many times over.

Earthstrike said:
When did I say aything about price.

Let me make my statement very clear.

The fact that PS2 sold 100m units, does not imply that PS3 will sell 100m units.

Never said it is going to, lol...I just understand that it isnt doomed, because it is capable of producing better games than on Wii...maybe even 360

What ever happened to the love of the Cell...lol, will we just abandon that now...even though one consoles price is crazy high, and another is respectable?

Branduil

jordan0386 said:
PS2 owner pie...100 million possible gamers...somebody is doing 60 million sold this gen...period

If no one did, it would mean current gen games, just didnt do anything in the next generation for about 6 years...how is that realistic...tens of millions will not save money, then move on to the next level?

PS2 pie is going to be eaten by the DS, the Wii, and in America, to a lesser extent, the 360.

Deku

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
It's not an attack at all, its an accurate statement based on your fierce dedication to prove that Wii sales are lighting up the charts despite multiple indications that outside of a few dedicated releases that isn't the case. Manipulating numbers to put them in the most positive outlook possible is spinning whether intentional or not.
You're just putting words in my mouth. Note my emphasis was on the overall market share of what third parties are selling in relation to the total pie, which is pretty healthy. DS level healthy.

Now I have an open mind and you've obviously have done the research since you've been so adamant in following this as closely as possible. I've followed the progress but haven't done due diligence and haven't bothered to detail everything. To be honest I'd love someone to do the work for me. Please show me, I think it'd be a great addition to this thread and you'd clarify the situation for me since you've been so keen to do so. I'm being honest here.

Ok.

jordan0386 said:

Yes, they love their playstation, but only when their playstation has games. Kinda like how people loved their Nintendo (as evident by them selling 100m consoles in about 10 years) but then stopped loving it so much when it was beaten by competition that had better games, i.e. the playstation.

Now Nintendo is producing games that people love more than Playstation 3 games and people are purchasing the Wii instead of the playstation and aren't loving the PS3 as much.

Love can CHANGE.

Tristam

jordan0386 said:

Guyz, this is the PLAYSTATION we're talking about. The freaking PLAYSTATION!

jordan0386 said:
Never said it is going to, lol...I just understand that it isnt doomed, because it is capable of producing better games than on Wii...maybe even 360

What ever happened to the love of the Cell...lol, will we just abandon that now...even though one consoles price is crazy high, and another is respectable?

Any system is capable of producing better games than another, it all depends on the games. What matters is whether or not developers want to make those games. The higher development cost of the PS3 and smaller userbase (and smaller projected userbase) seems to indicate that the best games may very well be on Wii.

Brashnir

jordan0386 said:

Anyone who has any "love for the Cell" is a blithering fanboy moron. It's a processor, man. a hunk of silicon.

I had a real busy day so I'm late to this, but it's still amazing. Wii wins, PS3 loses and 360 disappoints. Sounds familiar but it's getting more and more obvious.

Brashnir said:
Anyone who has any "love for the Cell" is a blithering fanboy moron. It's a processor, man. a hunk of silicon.

YAWWWWWWWWWWN...it was supposed to put it over the top of the Xbox...now its a hunk of silicon

We need to make up our mind people

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Deku said:
You're just putting words in my mouth. Note my emphasis was on the overall market share of what third parties are selling in relation to the total pie, which is pretty healthy. DS level healthy.
Not at all, in fact I've seen no indication of me putting any words in your mouth throughout this entire exchange.
Deku said:
I'm a fan of the Wii, and you obviously are as well. We all win here. But I'm heading off to bed. If you could send me a PM with the info I'd appreciate it. It's a rare opportunity for someone I barely know to go through lengths to help me out with research and I don't want to miss it.

StevieP

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I had a real busy day so I'm late to this, but it's still amazing. Wii wins, PS3 loses and 360 disappoints. Sounds familiar but it's getting more and more obvious.

Don't get used to it. It's a fad. Don't underestimate the POWER of the PLAYSTATION.

d6star1.jpg

it was supposed to put it over the top of the Xbox...now its a hunk of silicon

Nothing's going to put anything over the top of anything unless you can CELL it. See what I did there? It's not a hunk of silicon, I mean... just look:

ps3_35.jpg

jordan0386 said:
YAWWWWWWWWWWN...it was supposed to put it over the top of the Xbox...now its a hunk of silicon

We need to make up our mind people

Stop saying we and assuming that everyone who loved the cell has proselytized their position.

If im not ready to jump on the Wii wagon, let me be...no need to curse at me

When Devs say they can do this that and the third better on Wii rather than the other 2...then we can talk

All this talk about support...it has been half assed so far...Wii cant win like that

DefectiveReject said:
i read what you said and i ignored it as it is complete and utter nonsense.

Your system has to fully support something not just allow you to use it on the odd game.
Where the hell did you get this idiotic idea, guey? Have you never heard of the PS1 dual shock?

Here´s one thing Sony or Microsoft could do. They could release something like Wii Sports (with a motion controller packed in), but with some major differences:
1) The controller would basically be a standard controller in 2 pieces with motion sensing (so it would be compatible with all games).
2) The sports games would have realistic "Miis" (and graphics in general), online play, and allow the player to control minor aspects as well (running in tennis, base running in baseball, etc).
3) It would be priced at $90.

Of course, it would be far less successful than Wii Sports, but it could still be quite profitable (it would allow many successful Wii games to be ported). If done well it could even surpass Guitar Hero in sales.

Personally, I don´t expect this to happen this gen. But it wouldn´t surprise me too much.

jordan0386 said:
If im not ready to jump on the Wii wagon, let me be...no need to curse at me

When Devs say they can do this that and the third better on Wii rather than the other 2...then we can talk

All this talk about support...it has been half assed so far...Wii cant win like that

Its fine that you don't want to make the jump. The reason we're telling you to STFU is because you honestly believe the PS3 will be outselling the Wii in 2-3 years and have a greater total marketshare.

We'll see the truth at E3...then I wont be hated as much

When you see all those "on the fence" Wii games in comparison to the "have to save up for" PS3/360 titles...dont be mad

jordan0386 said:

When you see all those "on the fence" Wii games in comparison to the "have to save up for" PS3/360 titles...dont be mad

You mean like brawl, Galaxy, and Prime 3?

goldenpp72 said:
brawl and galaxy shouldn't be yawns to any self respecting gamer.. prime 3 is just door shooter 3 though.

mario doesnt do anything for me anymore...could be fun, but I would just play it at a friends house

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:

Good games take 1-2 years to make. At this point last year, who the hell DIDN'T (like you) think that the PS3 would dominate? Me included. You're not going to see the Wii's big 3rd party guns until next year. Because they're coming. Nobody's stupid enough not to see the trend at this point, and realize which system will be current-gen market leader. Why do you think you see all the publishers shitting out as many PS2 ports as they can? They want product on the shelves, because they know. You should know too. You may not fully believe it until this time next year, but you're seeing what, IMO, is the beginning of the takeover. (Not to mention, the beginning/middle of the end of your favourite brand's dominance in the marketplace).

goldenpp72

I didnt care for sunshine or new mario but galaxies looks promising, the potential of it is grand.

Don't discredit things just because you don't like them, it would be like saying halo isn't a big deal because you hate fps, very narrow minded.

I think sony will do some catching up but, if microsoft manages to capture the halo and gta crowd I think sony will never catch up in america, and if wii keeps selling like air in space for japan, well, sony won't do much.

Top Bottom