• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

PS3 has been a disaster these months, and the Xbox 360 disappoints. They need a price-cut now.

In the other hand, do you guys remember when people in the forums said that 250$ was too much for a Wii? :lol

farnham

Banned
nicks are so impersonal said:
PS3 has been a disaster these months, and the Xbox 360 disappoints. They need a price-cut now.

In the other hand, do you guys remember when people in the forums said that 250$ was too much for a Wii? :lol

it is too much.. they could have sold more .. much more Wiis when the pricetag .. wait a sec.. they have shortages...

edit: I do think that the price is too high though..

Narag

jordan0386 said:
Liking Mario is cool, but its been like 30 years already...can you lead the charge with new characters already

Cash cowing for the win
madden.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jordan0386 said:
Just because I said "My bad" doesnt mean you have to take it next level, with backhand remarks

Yeah what's wrong with saying "my bad"?

And 29 pages what's going on here?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jordan0386 said:
I guess, I could be labeled one for this thread

O okay. Just curious to see if some of my fellow PS3 owners guys got banned. I would hate to lose some good people the day after Gamer's Day.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can I simultaneously say 'wow' and 'oh dear'?

Wii being so successful is great, but these days the only games worth having are Nintendo ones (and *very* worth having)

Am I bad for still wanting a nice HD fancy nancy uber console for pretty driving games and shooty games?

Bizarre I know, but Wii might end up as a completely separate market. So distant in technology, demography and sales that it actually splits off from PS3 and X360 and either or both of them can still compete for that particular market.

Don't know what would happen to the overall installed base. Wii may pull some of the casual Xbox/PS2 owners, reducing the addressable market for PS3/360, or it may grow the addressable market by reintroducing games to the general population.

Still, NPD is essential viewing, especially now that 24, Lost, House etc are ending their runs.

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:
Listed some boring games there, buddy...thanks for that

Yep. They all suck. All of Nintendo's games, whether they're old franchises or new, are terrible. Perhaps you should get a PS3.

Oh, and can you tell me how good Project Hammer and Disaster: Day of Crisis were? I'm curious to see how well Monolith Soft's game production went now that they're pretty much owned by Nintendo.

StevieP said:
Yep. They all suck. All of Nintendo's games, whether they're old franchises or new, are terrible. Perhaps you should get a PS3.

Im better off...if they couldnt do gang tackling on Xbox, with NCAA and Madden...I will love to see the gameplay improvements they add to '08 and '09 on a Wii...other than throwing the ball, mimicking it, with the wiimote

tough decision

jordan0386 said:
Liking Mario is cool, but its been like 30 years already...can you lead the charge with new characters already

Cash cowing for the win

Nintendo has made LOTS of new franchises. Just because they don't abandon Mario does not mean that they're whoring him out. Nintendogs is doing better than any recent Mario game released, and they haven't announced a single sequel to it.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Nintendo has made LOTS of new franchises. Just because they don't abandon Mario does not mean that they're whoring him out. Nintendogs is doing better than any recent Mario game released, and they haven't announced a single sequel to it.

yet

jordan0386 said:
Nintendogs is doing better than any recent Mario game released, and they haven't announced a single sequel to it.....yet

Happy?

Sony hasn't released God of War Xtreme Racer...yet

Damn Sony for whoring out the GoW franchise maybe potentially in the future!!

A Link to the Snitch said:
Sony hasn't released God of War Xtreme Racer...yet

Damn Sony for whoring out the GoW franchise maybe potentially in the future!!

Ive voiced some displeasure about certain GoW titles

jordan0386 said:
Ive voiced some displeasure about certain GoW titles

Did you miss my point?

Insert Ratchet & Clank, Ape Escape, Jak, Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

To say "they haven't announced a sequel... yet" can be used on any developer for any game you could imagine.

You're criticizing Nintendo for a possible reality involving the currently unannounced Nintendogs 2. Did that ever cross your mind?

360 SPIDER-MAN 3 ACTIVISION APR 2007 TEEN (T) 117K
PS2 SPIDER-MAN 3 ACTIVISION APR 2007 TEEN (T) 105K

Lots of information in that Stat would have thoight Spiderman 3 on PS2 would have been right up the PS2 users street. Obviously PS2 owners aren't buying games anymore which tells me they want a new system to envigorate them back into games.

Duke Togo

6809fzs.jpg

^The visual equivalent of NPD threads, particularly the past couple pages. Continue the cock fighting, and continue on the journey for "bragging rights".

jordan0386 said:
Nintendogs is doing better than any recent Mario game released, and they haven't announced a single sequel to it.....yet

Happy?

So it's a problem for games to have sequels, or for characters from certain franchises be branched off to market new I.P.s?

Earthstrike said:
So it's a problem for games to have sequels, or for characters from certain franchises be branched off to market new I.P.s?

No...not at all

Nintendo is corny to me, so when they do it...they take some heat from me

Top Bottom