• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

Duke Togo

TekunoRobby said:
625dri8.jpg

Earthstrike said:
What makes them corny?

GC did nothing for me...GC turbo wont do anything for me

As a dominantly sports gamer, GC turbo just CANT do anything for me

Visual Concepts wont make a game on it...that says it all for me

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:
Nintendo is corny to me, so when they do it...they take some heat from me

And there we have it. The epitome of the last 2 wasted pages...

GC turbo wont do anything for me

And so it continues... as baffling as it is.

hectorse said:
It's not so much as he picking on himself.

A pure Sports Fan... should've made it clear from the beggining

Did I have to...I dont necessarily care about what other people are playing

The topic at hand was console sales, to some extent

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
After considering the purchase of a ps3, i have to say that its now a long shot. The console is just dead in the water and has been since the beginning.

I cant see myself buying one till it hits ps2 prices. Even then im not sure, with devs sure to be jumping ship soon enough if not already.

justchris

speculawyer said:
Yeah . . . it is all a big joke . . . who could possible think Eyetoy was a success. Didn't they sell a mere 50 eye toys or so?

In fact there has never been a successful optional peripheral since the Mattel powerglove flopped, so no one even makes any these days.

You guys all know better . . . what do I know?

You're arguing the wrong point speculawyer. The PS3 and 360 can add waggle wands, and bundle them with a game, but it won't be successful. Not because an add-on can't be successful, but because the only way an imitation can be successful is if it's cheaper.

It's like you're going to the store to buy Fruit Loops. You get there, and Fruit Loops are $5, but Tasty Loops are only $1. So you buy the Tasty Loops.

What is the key factor there? Tasty Loops are cheaper.

When a person goes into a store, they don't go in to buy "waggle". They go in because they've heard of Wii Sports, maybe even played it at a friend's house. They go into the store looking for Wii Sports, not just looking for some waggle game. When they get there, they see this name brand that they came looking for, for $250, vs the knock off brand (and that's what the 360/PS3 brand would be in the eyes of consumers, a knock off) for, bare minimum, $300 (assuming the new controller and Wii Sports clone are bundled with the Core 360). Which one do you think they're going to buy? I think the answer to that is obvious. HD visuals are not going to make one bit of difference to your average consumer, and your average hardcore gamer is probably going to end up owning both originally, so they're not gonna pick up the 360/PS3 waggle knock off either, cause they'll have real 360/PS3 games, as well as a Wii and Wii games, so what do they need a waggle knock off for? The entire premise is doomed to failure, unless they can sell the 360, the new controller, and the game for less than Nintendo sells the Wii/Controller/Game for. And we already know Nintendo's making a profit on their proposition, how's Microsoft doing on that front?

jordan0386 said:

Wasn't the Wii version of Madden the most critically acclaimed?

Earthstrike said:
Wasn't the Wii version of Madden the most critically acclaimed?

Due to the controls...sure

NOW...what will be new?...We got waggle control, what else can we get on a last gen console basically

Im waiting...

Tchu-Espresso

jordan0386 said:

NOW...what will be new?...We got waggle control, what else can we get on a last gen console basically

Im waiting...
So all you want is better graphics?

What type of shit response is this?

Narag

jordan0386 said:

Im waiting...

Nothing of course. Even last year's roster will be reused and given as a perfect example as to how the wii cuts on dev costs.

fernoca

Guys..don't try (or waste more time) to convince jordan on changing his ways!!

Apparently..
The Wii, also needs more 'bang' for him to like it
|
|
|
|
V

:D

The Black Brad Pitt said:
So all you want is better graphics?

What type of shit response is this?

Madden Wii is running on a dated engine...beyond waggle, what did they add?

ok then

What will be the selling point this year...more waggle? yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Didn't the last gen versions of Madden 07 have more features and modes than the next gen versions? I thought it was weird, at the time, that people would pay more for a shinier, but worse, version of the same game. Apparently those people really do exist.

Tchu-Espresso

jordan0386 said:

ok then

What will be the selling point this year...more waggle? yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I dont know i ****ing hate american football.

But by the looks of it, madden games are the same shit every year. What selling point do they use every year?

Duke Togo

jordan0386 said:

ok then

Did somebody say more waggle?
4lfva05.gif

AniHawk

jordan0386 said:

That's the point of the system actually. But I guess people will tire of it eventually when they see how sweet RE5, DMC4, MGS4, and Uncharted look on the 360.

duketogo88 said:
http://i19.tinypic.com/6809fzs.jpg
^The visual equivalent of NPD threads, particularly the past couple pages. Continue the cock fighting, and continue on the journey for "bragging rights".
The funny thing is that depending on which side is favoured by the numbers a lot of people moaning about these "cock fights" have no problem chiming in on those.

I still remember that EU PS3 launch thread-a lot of gloating fans in there.

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:

ok then

A new engine that takes more advantage of the Wii hardware? Like... what will be the selling point in Madden 08 for 360? Madden 09? I mean shit man... what the hell do you expect? It's a roster update every freaking year, with some new features and tweaks, on EVERY platform. In fact, Madden 07 Wii had way WAY more features than Madden 07 360/PS3. But then, I guess shinier graphics make up for it all?

To be honest, after playing the TECH DEMO-like games in Wii Sports, I don't think I can play tennis or bowling (etc etc) on a dual-analog pad ever again. I don't know how anyone could.

I dont know i ****ing hate american football.

But by the looks of it, madden games are the same shit every year. What selling point do they use every year?

They add gameplay mechanics here and there, change up AI...yea, same deal mostly

But beyond tightening up the sensitivity, what else will they do...this is EA afterall

Tchu-Espresso

jordan0386 said:
They add gameplay mechanics here and there, change up AI...yea, same deal mostly

But beyond tightening up the sensitivity, what else will they do...this is EA afterall
Who are you arguing FOR here?!

You confused the **** out of me.

You say "whats the selling point of madden wii now?" and then bolster your stance by saying "EA make the same game every year anyway"

You gotta stick to your story if you ever want to make a point.

Who are you arguing FOR here?!

You confused the **** out of me.

You say "whats the selling point of madden wii now?" and then bolster your stance by saying "EA make the same game every year anyway"

You gotta stick to your story if you ever want to make a point.

Watch this...

whats the selling point of madden wii now...EA make the same game every year anyway

Thank me later

StevieP

Banned
jordan0386 said:
this post looks good to me

As I'm sure it should. Let me be one of the first to point you to AniHawk's tag :D

...that they will take 3 seasons to get right

So what? Let them take 3 seasons. It's not like they've gotten the HD versions anywhere near "right" either. Like I said, it's an exchange of features for shinier graphics. I'll take features. Regardless, go play some Wii Sports bowling. Then tell me how much more fun it would be playing the same game with the 360 pad. I'm sure you'll find a reason :D

whats the selling point of madden wii now...EA make the same game every year anyway

What's the selling point of Madden 360? "EA make the same game every year anyway ". Like Brad Pitt said, stop trying to confuse even yourself here.

Vagabundo

jordan0386 said:

Ps2 did nothing for you either then eh?

A Link to the Snitch said:
At least you don't have to wait to find out how 08 will be on PS3/360 - they already gave a preview two years ago.

oh yea? Go read a preview for the '08s, how much is this year, that was there in 06

Guess what year we are in for next gen Tiburon football games, year 3...its money in the bank from here on out

o_O...you want a new engine on Wii...watch Tiburon tell 30 developers "start over"

enjoy

jordan0386 said:
oh yea? Go read a preview for the '08s, how much is this year, that was there in 06

Guess what year we are in for next gen Tiburon football games, year 3...its money in the bank from here on out

o_O...you want a new engine on Wii...watch Tiburon tell 30 developers "start over"

enjoy

homergh6.gif

Top Bottom