• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

knitoe

Here I thought X360 + PS3 sales > Wii. Thus, 3rd parties would continue to put out / invest in generation games given larger user base. Who would have ever thought Sony would be the problem.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I salute you jordan0386! Now you've got Moxie!

melismoxiety1.jpg

Vagabundo

jordan0386 said:
A lot more than Gamecube 1

Well considering the Wii will dominate and most of the games are going there, why dont you think you will not get anything from the Wii, if you managed to get something from the PS2.

The Wii is the new PS2.

Luckyman

Banned
Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research sold 174,000 Xbox 360 machines, down 13 percent on the month, with sales supported by a new version with a bigger hard drive and black paint job that sells for $480.

"That's a very strong number for us in the month of April," said Molly O'Donnell, senior group manager for Microsoft's entertainment and devices division. "A lot of this growth we think is fueled by our new Elite console."

Growth? Really..? Price drop dreams shattered.

jordan0386 said:
Gamecube was...shock...owned by PS2

So it's kind of a similar situation - PS2 was weaker and had better games and beat the GameCube. Wii is weaker and has better games and is beating the PS3.

PS3 = GameCube 2 FTL?

AniHawk said:
Before they changed it, he was.

EDIT: God dammit Link to the Past Snitch.

:lol

Prine

Banned
The Black Brad Pitt said:
So all you want is better graphics?

What type of shit response is this?

Your're response is just as shit. Cause the only benefit of more power is updated graphics :rolleyes

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
next up, europe!

I'm amused by this generations hilarious turnaround from last generation.

Bowen_B

Banned
200704NPD2.jpg

Wii struggling to keep up with 360 sales.
This really is sad for Nintendo if they cannot sell as many new consoles as one that has been out for year, even sadder still is the fact that they lack the technical ability to produce a console superior to one that was launched a year earlier.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ all the N-bots trying to spin this as good news for Nintendo.
Wii is supply constrained just like the PS3 is, am I right?

StevieP

Banned
Prine said:
Your're response is just as shit. Cause the only benefit of more power is updated graphics :rolleyes

With the in-order CPUs in the 360 and PS3? Yah, mostly. You'll get better physics, too, of course (but physics is just math, it can be approximated on almost any competent hardware). But in Madden? I mean... they could have render farms at their and not get more advanced with physics and AI. You'd be hard-pressed to find a game that actually utilizes AI properly, let alone in a fashion that can't be approximated on any competent hardware. Besides, both AI & physics are both really branchy code - only the Carmack's of the world can adapt branchy code well to in-order architectures like the PS360. Most of the time, it'll just be a brute force solution that isn't much more than what you've got last gen.

Is there a reason you haven't been banned yet? I have been banned for far less.

So have I. But if you can honestly deny that the 360 is built really REALLY shoddily, then there are plenty of other threads you can be directed to.

meh, wasnt that bad

Anybody playing Wii right now, instead of bickering with me

hmmm, bummer

picard.gif

fission%20mailed.gif

This really is sad for Nintendo if they cannot sell as many new consoles as one that has been out for year, even sadder still is the fact that they lack the technical ability to produce a console superior to one that was launched a year earlier.
:lol @ all the N-bots trying to spin this as good news for Nintendo.

Umm... there is far more to production than a CPU & a GPU... we've gone through this already a million times, haven't we? Well, I guess that's one way to spin. I should try and get you a job with MS, though I only have connections with MS Canada if you live around here.

Narag

Bowen_B said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol @ all the N-bots trying to spin this as good news for Nintendo.

Just closing the gap!

StevieP said:
Sorry, but the 'snowball effect' is actually a trendy way of saying "userbase -> software -> userbase -> software", and currently the 360 has a small, region-specific snowball, and the 360/PS3 represent a tiny set of balls in comparison to what the Wii is capable of worldwide.

There is no "wii is a fad" BS. Once the train starts, it takes miracles to make it stop. 2-3 years means nothing. All the deciding is done within the first 6-9 months.

Recent software charts say no.

Well we know that Nintendo is not selling wii on quality games. Gimmick and Price is the only things that I see it selling. Is that really a good thing though?

When games get dumbed down with gameplay and graphics is this something to be proud of? When the wii is a gimped system out of the box and people buy it because of the wiimote, is this a good thing?

If I am a Nintendo fan, I want them to do good of course, but I want them to be legit and produce great software and that is the reason it is selling.

No sour grapes other than games should be selling a system, not a gimmick.

StevieP

Banned
planetkiller said:
Well we know that Nintendo is not selling wii on quality games. Gimmick and Price is the only things that I see it selling. Is that really a good thing though?

When games get dumbed down with gameplay and graphics is this something to be proud of? When the wii is a gimped system out of the box and people buy it because of the wiimote, is this a good thing?

If I am a Nintendo fan, I want them to do good of course, but I want them to be legit and produce great software and that is the reason it is selling.

Can you please use the word gimmick more? Needs a sprinkle of fad, too. Though I do like the way you used 'dumbed down' - there is hope for you yet! /moku

A Link to the Snitch said:
That is probably sarcasm, jordan.

If ever something looks like they could just be sarcastic, assume they are. It'll make you look less silly.

40 thousand console difference isnt close?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
planetkiller said:

someone hasn't played excite truck or zelda or wii sports or the VIRTUAL CONSOLE. maybe that's his gimmick.

It's pretty gimmicky to not play all the cool stuff on the wii and complain about gimmicks. stop being gimmicky.

Also, the x360 had garbage games for a long time after launch. it happens to all consoles. It's just the way it goes not a gimmick.

laserbeam

Banned
200704npd4hj6.jpg

this is the Important chart. All 3 Consoles first 6 Months of Sales compared. Pointless to Compare the sales of a Channel Stuffed console versus a fresh on the market short supplied one.

Compare launch to launch

Top Bottom