• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

Polari

planetkiller said:
Well am I lying? I don't think I am. Gimmick is what people buy when there are no quality games pushing the system. Ratings are used for good games and for bad games and if you have not noticed there are a lot of bad games with poor ratings on the wii than any other system of next gen.

Of course it does not help that the gamecube rapes the wii in quality games and yet the masses are buying the wii, well we know it's not because of the quality games.

There is a ridiculous amount of shit titles on Wii, I agree. Thankfully though they don't detract from the fact that to the mainstream, Wii Sports is a better game than anything on 360 or PS3 could ever be.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, Zelda TP, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Trauma Center SO, Madden 07, Fire Emblem: GoD, Rayman RR, etc.

You're phenomenally stupid

Do you really wanna do this?

THIS

Bowen_B

Banned
StevieP said:
Ah, the revenue argument! Shall we talk about profits, too?
SHALL WE TALK ABOUT PROFITS?

Microsoft just put out Vista which will be bought by BILLIONS and Office 2007 which is a standard piece of software for almost every office in the world.
Sony is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world, their products fly off the shelf and they will be the company who most benefits from Blu-Ray's success.
Nintendo is making a small amount of money in the games market.

Jag22 said:
The Wii does have the worst line-up out of the 3 next-gen consoles. I own all 3, and it has by far the worst.
Hey its another of the famous thousand paid by Sony!

Infact the 360 has the best line up, followed by the wii and then the PS3.

Taurus

planetkiller said:
Well am I lying? I don't think I am. Gimmick is what people buy when there are no quality games pushing the system. Ratings are used for good games and for bad games and if you have not noticed there are a lot of bad games with poor ratings on the wii than any other system of next gen.

Of course it does not help that the gamecube rapes the wii in quality games and yet the masses are buying the wii, well we know it's not because of the quality games.
Ok. And Wii is kicking both Sony's and MS' ass with worse than bad line-up, so what happens when the big names from Nintendo start coming out this fall? Any guesses?

c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098ps2.gif

....at the last few pages.

Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, Zelda TP, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Trauma Center SO, Madden 07, Fire Emblem: GoD, Rayman RR, etc.

You're phenomenally stupid

Ports from DS and lots of bad dumbed down games and gameplay. Super Paper Mario just shows how bad Nintendo is losing their touch. Don't worry, it's still going to sell because there are a lot of people that don't know better.

Bad games on a Nintendo platform such as wii don't matter because it's all about the waggle and that is all people care about anyway.

StevieP

Banned
Bowen_B said:
SHALL WE TALK ABOUT PROFITS?

Microsoft just put out Vista which will be bought by BILLIONS and Office 2007 which is a standard piece of software for almost every office in the world.
Sony is one of the largest electronics manufacturers in the world, their products fly off the shelf and they will be the company who most benefits from Blu-Ray's success.
Nintendo is making a small amount of money in the games market.

I thought we were talking about profits in the gaming divisions? What the hell does Vista and TVs have to do with how much money is being lost on the 360 and the PS3, when you brought up a Revenue chart? Besides, have a gander. I really did think you were being sarcastic all this time, but hey... I'm never one to refuse another NPD meltdown!

jordan0386 said:
game list wars

I didn't do any list war - it was all on one sentence, that's no list!

Silly.

planetkiller said:
Ports from DS and lots of bad dumbed down games and gameplay. Super Paper Mario just shows how bad Nintendo is losing their touch. Don't worry, it's still going to sell because there are a lot of people that don't know better.

Bad games on a Nintendo platform such as wii don't matter because it's all about the waggle and that is all people care about anyway.

Right - even though Trauma Center SO was built from the ground up and has new scenarios, it's a DS port.

If 87% is losing their touch, Sony must have lost their touch, sight, hearing and taste.

Taurus said:
Ok. And Wii is kicking both Sony's and MS' ass with worse than bad line-up, so what happens when the big names from Nintendo start coming out this fall? Any guesses?

They won't come out this fall, they will be delayed. I can't wait for Mario's Lego Pizza delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! Right next to Mama Mia Food Processor mini game!!!!!!

Vagabundo

Jag22 said:
Wii sports?

Ooh, you mean that collection of 5 mediocre mini-games posing as a full-game.

Probably the best game ever made. It might be the best system seller ever.

I've seen people play it for 5 minutes and go buy a Wii. It is that good.

Jag22

Banned
Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA 2K7, Ridge Racer 7, ES4: Oblivion, NBA Street: Homecourt, MotorStorm, Virtua Tennis 3, F.E.A.R., F1.

Versus...

Zelda, Paper Mario, and Wario Ware?

Jag22 said:
Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA 2K7, Ridge Racer 7, ES4: Oblivion, NBA Street: Homecourt, MotorStorm, Virtua Tennis 3, F.E.A.R., F1.

Versus...

...Trauma Center, Fire Emblem, Excite Truck, Rayman, madden.

At least two of those games are ports, and I think all of the non-Sony games are multi-console.

I didn't do any list war - it was all on one sentence, that's no list!

Silly.

Right - even though Trauma Center SO was built from the ground up and has new scenarios, it's a DS port.

If 87% is losing their touch, Sony must have lost their touch, sight, hearing and taste.

Yeah, Trauma Center was a port just like a ton of other games. This isn't really about Sony, this is about poor taste of gaming and dumbed down gameplay sold to the masses.

I don't mind selling some simple games, but dumbing down graphics, gameplay, control and the rest of the gaming industry is not what I wanted to see.

Next up, Hospital minigames!

planetkiller said:
Yeah, Trauma Center was a port just like a ton of other games. This isn't really about Sony, this is about poor taste of gaming and dumbed down gameplay sold to the masses.

I don't mind selling some simple games, but dumbing down graphics, gameplay, control and the rest of the gaming industry is not what I wanted to see.

You are stupid. In what way is Trauma Center a port?

EDIT: Fixed.

Jag22 said:

Versus...

yep...no moxie

Jag22

Banned
All I know is that I own a Wii, I really love the Virtual Console, the ability to check weather and news on the Wii, and I really like both Paper Mario and Zelda.

But the rest of the games are pretty crappy, even Madden 2007.

Pushing both the nunchuck and Wiimote forward to perform a "hit stick tackle" GTFOOH!

Taurus

planetkiller said:
They won't come out this fall, they will be delayed. I can't wait for Mario's Lego Pizza delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! Right next to Mama Mia Food Processor mini game!!!!!!
Ok, so Nintendo keeps kicking ass until christmas/early 2008 when their big names come out, then what happens? They stop selling because bad line-up sells better than good line-up?

Terrell

jordan0386 said:
There are better games on other systems...that is all it amounts to

NPD will eventually show this:D
Well, why don't you go and have a good long sleep, and we'll call you when that happens, OK? :lol

AniHawk said:
Have you ever actually sat down and read that thing? Technically, we're not even allowed to go to the bathroom.
Excellent use of a Simpsons quote... but aside from that, this thread turned to even more **** than I could possibly fathom, even for GAF. Back to Media-Create, I guess.

Jag22 said:
All I know is that I own a Wii, I really love the Virtual Console, the ability to check weather and news on the Wii, and I really like both Paper Mario and Zelda.

But the rest of the games are pretty crappy, even Madden 2007.

Pushing both the nunchuck and Wiimote forward to perform a "hit stick tackle" GTFOOH!

You appear to be in a not very noticeable minority.

Taurus

Jag22 said:

Versus...

Woooooo, list waaaaaaars!

360k vs 82k. Bye.

iammeiam

planetkiller said:

Yes. Because if there is one thing you can say about Trauma Center SO, it's that the controls were dumbed down.

Bowen_B said:
Here are the last 6th months of hardware sales as a revenue chart!
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f282/BowenB/Untitled-1copy-1.jpg
When you factor software as well Microsoft and Sony are really raking it in while Nintendo looks like's they've been left standing.
Sarcasm? I can't tell anymore. Anyways where is that weight chart?

planetkiller said:
This is the only game that matters and it is 7 months old and also on gamecube.
All the other games were either DS ports, Ports from other platforms or just garbage.

Check all the lowend ratings on almost any non-nintendo fansite to find out.
Well at least you admit you haven't even played the games you seem to hate with a passion.

StevieP

Banned
Vagabundo said:
I'm not supporting your random crazy statements man. Your off the charts. I'm not even sure if you have a point of view, you could just be demented.

C'mon, don't be mean. Sure, this thread is a trainwreck, but any more name-calling in here and we'll have degenerated into... well... last month's NPD thread :lol

Is Media-Create fun? I haven't even looked at it yet

Oh yes, PLEASE Mr. Water pistol, go have a look at them MediaCreater threads! Especially PantherLotus' charts... oh, and don't forget about PacMan! :D

You are stupid. In what way is Trauma Center a port?

EDIT: Fixed.

You sound more like a Junior than me. The same game on a different platform. Not really many changes but may have slight changes.

Sounds like a port, maybe it might be a port.

I would rather play TC on a DS instead of a wii, but we know people are not buying a wii for TC or any other game.

The wii is not about quality games, it is about the wii controller and price.

Top Bottom