• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

AniHawk

Smiles and Cries said:
okay this thread was good 8 hours ago, what has the discussions turned to now?

I'm lost
Bitter, bitter sony fanboys filling the shoes of bitter, bitter nintendo fanboys from years ago.

AniHawk said:
"Marge, have you ever actually sat down and read this thing? Technically, we're not even allowed to go to the bathroom."
Thanks, I'm sure that 50% of your posts are quotes.

Or your have a direct link to my to the 'TV memory' part of my brain.

AniHawk

Branduil said:
So has anyone made the "Sony planned for this all along" argument yet? That seems to be the one thing we're missing.

It's so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. They can pounce back when they need to. All they need is the right software at the right time. Hell, look at the most successful system right now. It hit 59k one month in 2005. Then it got its big system seller and now it's a phenomenon worldwide.

When the time is right, the PS3 will take off. And by then, most of the software that will have been in development for it will be hitting. It'll just take a little time is all.

Branduil

AniHawk said:
It's so obvious it doesn't even need to be said. They can pounce back when they need to. All they need is the right software at the right time. Hell, look at the most successful system right now. It hit 59k one month in 2005. Then it got its big system seller and now it's a phenomenon worldwide.

When the time is right, the PS3 will take off. And by then, most of the software that will have been in development for it will be hitting. It'll just take a little time is all.

When you say it it almost sounds convincing.

AniHawk said:

This is from last night's American Idol, right?

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
AniHawk said:

What was the system seller for the DS? Brain Age or NSMB? I was a late convert to handheld gaming since I used to live alone and I could just play whatever I wanted on the TV.

I think one of the problems with PS3 in development soon software is that it doesn't appeal to guys who have had a PS1 and PS2. The only game I'm truly system selling interested in (for the rest of 07, at this price) is R&C but not if its only going to be 6 hours long like Deadlocked. I would gladly pay $399 and play all the major games though. That extra 200 dollars is just... well, to me its Gears, Crackdown, Rainbow 6, and Lumines Live which are my top four played titles.

Parl

AniHawk said:

Rumour has it that they're opening a new factory.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
QVT said:
What was the system seller for the DS? Brain Age or NSMB? I was a late convert to handheld gaming since I used to live alone and I could just play whatever I wanted on the TV.

In the US the DS was strange. Nintendogs was the first big one, then Animal Crossing, those pulled it out of its rut. It wasn't until DS Lite came out that it exploded. And I'd say NSMB was the bigger system seller, and BA being a helping hand.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
GreenGlowingGoo said:
In the US the DS was strange. Nintendogs was the first big one, then Animal Crossing, those pulled it out of its rut. It wasn't until DS Lite came out that it exploded. And I'd say NSMB was the bigger system seller, and BA being a helping hand.

Oh I just assumed that selling 4 and a half million units was the system seller. Like I said, I was a late convert. Thanks, I can see why Nintendogs would do that. Maybe I should pick it up. Or would that ruin my street credit?

lexi

Banned
sypher said:
*deep sigh*

****ing casual sheep killed progress in gaming

Man I don't think the hardest of the hardcore Ninfans were this bitter circa 2002. Calm the **** down, it's not the end of progression in gaming.

Sypher

Banned
lockii said:
Man I don't think the hardest of the hardcore Ninfans were this bitter circa 2002. Calm the **** down, it's not the end of progression in gaming.

The Wii, for someone like me, is like two steps back.

Narag

Trax416 said:
Lots of old people must be buying the WII, because there is nothing for that system worth 400K+ sales a month. period.
No doubt spending their grandchildren's inheritance before PS3s and 360s can be bought.

AniHawk

Jive Turkey said:
You are aware that the 360 and PS3 still exist right? That games are still in development for both systems?

Well only for the next few months. Halo 3 and GTA IV are pretty much the last big games, right? After that the Wii will be dominating with Mario Party 9 and Star Wars: Shoot First Training.

sypher said:
Yeah, but if Wii becomes the new PS2.....................

...you'll cave, get one and take breaks from whining to play all the games it's getting?

Traditional console gaming is not going to disappear if Nintendo dominates the market this generation. There's no reason to believe the kinds of games you like will stop being made.

Branduil

Trax416 said:
Lots of old people must be buying the WII, because there is nothing for that system worth 400K+ sales a month. period.

I'm glad you added that "period" to the end of your statement. It lends it an air of authority, and works far better than well-supported arguments.

DufousNinja.gif

Haunted

AniHawk said:
Bitter, bitter sony fanboys filling the shoes of bitter, bitter nintendo fanboys from years ago.
It's the circle of console life. Sometimes you're on top of the world, sometimes you're down. Sony fans are deep under atm. I'm sure they'll bounce back
in 2012

I did not expect that many meltdowns however. 82k must've been extremely shocking to the ardent supporters.

Top Bottom