• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

psy18

planetkiller said:
You sound more like a Junior than me. The same game on a different platform. Not really many changes but may have slight changes.

Sounds like a port, maybe it might be a port.

I would rather play TC on a DS instead of a wii, but we know people are not buying a wii for TC or any other game.

The wii is not about quality games, it is about the wii controller and price.

holy shit.

planetkiller said:
You sound more like a Junior than me. The same game on a different platform. Not really many changes but may have slight changes.

I would rather play TC on a DS instead of a wii, but we know people are not buying a wii for TC or any other game.

They created an entirely new mechanic for TC, which is based on no preexisting game mechanic ever made by them.

It's as much of a port as Madden 07 is of 06.

Hell, if we look at it effort-wise, Madden 07 is twice the port that TC is.

planetkiller said:

Sounds like most PS3 titles at the moment :lol

And for the record, I do not believe you have played trauma center on the wii at all.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Dammit, I thought the SDF had passed stage 1 of the Kübler-Ross model and were between stage 2 (Anger) and stage 3 (Bargaining).

But it seems there are some still fighting back, stuck at stage 1.

Ganondorf>Link said:
KTV.gif
:lol

Phife Dawg said:
Sarcasm? I can't tell anymore. Anyways where is that weight chart?

Well at least you admit you haven't even played the games you seem to hate with a passion.

Who said I never played them. I played a few of them at EB games for 5 minutes.
If you like those silly games and they hold your attention then god bless you.

Parl

Jag22 said:
Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA 2K7, Ridge Racer 7, ES4: Oblivion, NBA Street: Homecourt, MotorStorm, Virtua Tennis 3, F.E.A.R., F1.

Versus...

Zelda, Paper Mario, and Wario Ware?

List wars!

Wii:

November
December
January
February
March
April

PS3:

ps3****edchart.jpg

Vagabundo

StevieP said:
C'mon, don't be mean. Sure, this thread is a trainwreck, but any more name-calling in here and we'll have degenerated into... well... last month's NPD thread :lol

Did it sound harsh. I meant it more in a motherly tone.

maybe I should have used more smileys. yes :)

AniHawk

Jag22 said:
Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5, NBA 2K7, Ridge Racer 7, ES4: Oblivion, NBA Street: Homecourt, MotorStorm, Virtua Tennis 3, F.E.A.R., F1.

Versus...

Zelda, Paper Mario, and Wario Ware?
You missed Excite TRUCK. It's easily better than all of the above games combined times two.

Narag

planetkiller said:
Who said I never played them. I played a few of them at EB games for 5 minutes.
If you like those silly games and they hold your attention then god bless you.
You didn't happen to pump out a God Hand review for IGN too, did you?

darthbane2k said:
Sounds like most PS3 titles at the moment :lol

And for the record, I do not believe you have played trauma center on the wii at all.

It's different and harder on wii because you have to have a steady hand. The wiimote moves around a lot for me at first.

Honestly though, I can live without it and just get the game on the DS.

I am going where the quality games are going. If the PS3 fails and the 360 fails I will be on the PC. I want decent games that have good gameplay and honestly the wii fails badly in this area due to non-gamers.

99 percent of the games on the wii are just ports, mini-games, and DS ports. I don't care about any of them. Yes, I have tried a few of them and that is how I know they are not worthy of praise.

planetkiller said:
It's different and harder on wii because you have to have a steady hand. The wiimote moves around a lot for me at first.

Didnt you just argued that Wii games are easier and that you don't like that?

planetkiller said:

I am going where the quality games are going. If the PS3 fails and the 360 fails I will be on the PC. I want decent games that have good gameplay and honestly the wii fails badly in this area due to non-gamers.

99 percent of the games on the wii are just ports, mini-games, and DS ports. I don't care about any of them. Yes, I have tried a few of them and that is how I know they are not worthy of praise.

Except for Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Excite Truck, Trauma Center (a port requires that the entire framework not be 100% original), etc.

psy18

planetkiller said:

Holy shit.

justchris

jordan0386 said:
Liking Mario is cool, but its been like 30 years already...can you lead the charge with new characters already

Cash cowing for the win

Wait, wait, wait, so if Super Mario Galaxy were to star a bald space marine in Red, and all th enemies were turned into bald space marines in blue, the graphics were made more realistic instead of colorful, and it was named 'Triskel Combat' but had the exact same gameplay that would suddenly make it better? What the hell does that even mean? I never understand this argument.

Glad 360 is outselling ps3 by a wide margin..want dev's to keep 360 as lead platform because if its superior gpu. On the flip side...its sad seeing my 630 dollar ps3 investment slowly go down the tubes

Could careless about wii..its last gen hardware with dated visuals, not current gen

Its all about cutting edge visuals,physics animations.. :D

justchris said:
Wait, wait, wait, so if Super Mario Galaxy were to star a bald space marine in Red, and all th enemies were turned into bald space marines in blue, the graphics were made more realistic instead of colorful, and it was named 'Triskel Combat' but had the exact same gameplay that would suddenly make it better? What the hell does that even mean? I never understand this argument.

Read more of the thread, it gets better...

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
A Link to the Snitch said:
Except for Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Excite Truck, Trauma Center (a port requires that the entire framework not be 100% original), etc.

Jag22

Banned
Parl said:
List wars!

Wii:

November
December
January
February
March
April

PS3:

ps3****edchart.jpg

Do you play your console? Or look at sales numbers all day?

Seriously, I would like an awnser.

Vagabundo

planetkiller said:

Godfather and Excite truck are the stars of the euro release at the moment. However a lot of the software is sub=par due to market conditions, that is changing, the games WILL come now.

For the moment you have what is there and some stuff like RE4 in the summer and then the big guns in autumn and winter. The devs are going to produce some corkers.

Glad 360 is outselling ps3 by a wide margin..want dev's to keep 360 as lead platform because of its superior gpu. On the flip side...its sad seeing my 830 dollar ps3 investment slowly go down the tubes

Could careless about wii..its last gen hardware with dated visuals, not current gen

Its all about cutting edge visuals,physics animations, High Definition,etc :D

Mr.Potato Head said:
Glad 360 is outselling ps3 by a wide margin..want dev's to keep 360 as lead platform because if its superior gpu. On the flip side...its sad seeing my 630 dollar ps3 investment slowly go down the tubes

Its all about cutting edge visuals,physics animations, High Definition,etc :D

We heard you the first time, and you're more wrong than you were originally.

mabuza

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:

Its all about cutting edge visuals,physics animations.. :D
how exactly is your investment going down the tubes? please explain to me?

Vagabundo said:
Godfather and Excite truck are the stars of the euro release at the moment. However a lot of the software is sub=par due to market conditions, that is changing, the games WILL come now.

For the moment you have what is there some stuff like RE4 in the summer and then the big guns in autumn and winter. The devs are going to produce some corkers.

Excite truck is shallow. This game should be $10 and a download title. I never played Godfather, but looks like another port from a billion other platforms.

Parl

Jag22 said:

Of course, although I don't play games as much as the next guy. Hey, I'm looking forward to stuff on all 3 current-gen consoles.

Vagabundo

planetkiller said:
Excite truck is shallow. This game should be $10 and a download title. I never played Godfather, but looks like another port from a billion other platforms.

Excite Truck is focused not shallow. It is once of those games that you get more and more from the more you play it. Go look at the appreciate thread, this game is underrated.

And godfather had cool controls and good story and is worth a few hours of anyones time. Ive put 25 hours in taking over shops and rackets.

AniHawk said:
Have you ever actually sat down and read that thing? Technically, we're not even allowed to go to the bathroom.
Help me out here AniHawk, that sounds like a quote from something but I can't figure out where it's from.

AniHawk

Jag22 said:

I actually don't play the Wii. I only buy the games so that they are added to the NPD monthly total. Any Sony games I buy are used, so they don't see a penny from me.

planetkiller
Being Watched
(Today, 10:15 AM)
Reply | Quote

:lol

Also wow this thread delivered. I look forward to May NPD. :lol

AniHawk

marvelharvey said:
Help me out here AniHawk, that sounds like a quote from something but I can't figure out where it's from.

"Marge, have you ever actually sat down and read this thing? Technically, we're not even allowed to go to the bathroom."

Top Bottom