• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2010

markatisu

schuelma said:
126K. Which is a substantial improvement on any other Monster Hunter in the United States. Not a breakout success, but far from the bomb you idiots were calling it 5 minutes ago.

Nice, most of us felt earlier that if it got 110-130k in the first month that would be considered a success :D

Kusagari

If it really did sell 126k that's EXTREMELY impressive. Anything over 100k has got to be considered a huge success by Capcom.

markatisu said:
Nice, most of us felt earlier that if it got 110-130k in the first month that would be considered a success :D

mh3.gif

Still feeling good, a giant vortex is going to open in space-time and swallow all but 24k of the remaining copies, and Capcom will lose the source code and all the Wii disc production factories will have a mysterious incident involving a duck and a hose.

150k ltd, folks, 150k ltd.

if monster hunter by some miracle sells over 150k ltd, then segata needs to put on a dress and do a dance

edit: actually just forget monster hunter

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Segata Sanshiro said:
Still feeling good, a giant vortex is going to open in space-time and swallow all but 24k of the remaining copies, and Capcom will lose the source code and all the Wii disc production factories will have a mysterious incident involving a duck and a hose.

Well, it does appear they are out of the CC Bundle..there might be hope!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Segata Sanshiro said:

Do you remember what thread you said that in? I am looking for some juice. Was it an NPD thread?

edit: Found it!

schuelma

Y2Kev said:
Do you remember what thread you said that in? I am looking for some juice. Was it an NPD thread?

I don't think it was NPD. I think it was a Monster Hunter thread about N.A plans or something.

Y2Kev said:

edit: Found it!
the Classic Controller Pro bundle thread.

jrricky was hoping for a smash success, I was predicting 150k, not sure which of us has to wear the dress, but I think it's both?

Segata Sanshiro said:
the Classic Controller Pro bundle thread.

jrricky was hoping for a smash success, I was predicting 150k, not sure which of us has to wear the dress, but I think it's both?

Kinky.

schuelma

Not that anyone will believe me but I think I predicted 125K somewhere. If only we had a decent search engine :(

Ehn, I'll gladly admit it, I clearly low-balled the game, and I was wrong.

Sorry to: selig, Somnid, jrricky, Grotesque Beauty, Aaron Strife, gkryhewy, and Jerry Mathers as the Beaver.

So, Monster Hunter on the Wii sold more than Street Fighter on the 360?:lol

That's a pretty impressive debut number. With decent WOM and the fact that the ads are still running frequently on TV, I could see the game selling 500,000 in the US when all is said and done.

schuelma

Segata Sanshiro said:

Sorry to: selig, Somnid, jrricky, Grotesque Beauty, Aaron Strife, gkryhewy, and Jerry Mathers as the Beaver.

If I ever see you apologize to selig again, I might kill myself.

evangd007

Happy to see MH3 do well. I'm a noob to the series but it has been far and away my best purchase so far this year. Hardware this month though... ouch.

Attack You said:
What slays me is that looks like a Uragaan corpse in the background of that pic.

It's a Barroth... get it right!

edit: beaten, so close too

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SolarPowered said:
I'll go out on a limb and say that opening month will be at least 200K in the US with an max ceiling of 1.5 mil for lifetime sales. They've still got a while left to market this game right and the talks of controllers/free online are really promising. It'll be one of the few games that I'll buy at full price this year.

1.4 million to go!

Aaron Strife said:
I dunno, Nintendo seems pretty set on making this their next big super awesome core game yoz until Metroid/Mario.

Similar to how they're using RS2 to drive MotionPlus, they'll probably do the same for this game.

Well it DID do as well as RS2!

Then there are like 3 or 4 retarded ramblings from Selig, but that's...not really abnormal so I won't bother.

schuelma

markatisu said:
Didn't you also just say that today in the MH3 thread?

I don't think so. Said it somewhere though. And I feel good about my 300K LTD prediction from the bundle thread.

KuwabaraTheMan said:

That's a pretty impressive debut number. With decent WOM and the fact that the ads are still running frequently on TV, I could see the game selling 500,000 in the US when all is said and done.

Ehhh, I think 500K in the US alone is a bit much.
200k, MAYBE 300K.

AceBandage said:
Ehhh, I think 500K in the US alone is a bit much.
200k, MAYBE 300K.

Wii games tend to have pretty good legs, though. The fact that it's still getting a lot of ads might help it as well. I'm not saying that I expect us to actually find out that it sold 500,000, but I think it could certainly reach that level of sales.

AniHawk

KuwabaraTheMan said:

Super Street Fighter IV: the upgrade to the game that already sold several hundred thousand on the system.

MH3 will struggle to hit half that.

mujun

kpop100 said:
I'd like an explanation as to why a game like Demon's Souls, which by all accountability is at least as difficult a game if not more, without a franchise name backing it, overacheived.

Nature of the user base?

PS3 is a console you buy if you want a Demon's Souls type of experience. Wii isn't really the type of console you buy if you want a MH3 type of experience.

That's how I see it anyway.

Segata Sanshiro said:

Thanks for the sentiment, but there's no need to apologize to me. I don't count you among the questionable posters who were practically tap dancing on the Wii's grave without actual numbers. You were just making an educated guess.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Wii games tend to have pretty good legs, though. The fact that it's still getting a lot of ads might help it as well. I'm not saying that I expect us to actually find out that it sold 500,000, but I think it could certainly reach that level of sales.

Some Wii games have good legs.
I just can't see MH3 being one of those games.

schuelma

I really doubt it shows insane legs, but I think it can get to 300K or so after a while. Not that it only had a day or anything but tracking was only for 11 days..I think it might hold up ok for a few months.

Well deserved for MH3.

AceBandage said:
Some Wii games have good legs.
I just can't see MH3 being one of those games.

IMO Monster Hunter 3 seems like the ideal game for legs. I'm not saying it will hit 500k, but due to it's depth and cult appeal I can see it chugging along.

Indyana

schuelma said:
Not that anyone will believe me but I think I predicted 125K somewhere. If only we had a decent search engine :(
Some hours ago in this thread:
schuelma said:
*Again, we should wait for numbers before discussing this. It could have done 125K for all we know which would be pretty good given the history of the series.

JudgeN said:
People are spinning MH3 numbers hard, before today everyone said it would do great because it followed Wii guide to success. Being a good game with lots of advertisement correct? Now everyone playing the niche card.
Talk about awkward timing...

schuelma said:
I really doubt it shows insane legs, but I think it can get to 300K or so after a while. Not that it only had a day or anything but tracking was only for 11 days..I think it might hold up ok for a few months.
It probably helps that there's more breathing room before Other M comes out now.

Top Bottom