• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2014 [Up2: XB1/360 hardware, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 best selling]

Salex_

If it did then Sony should provide some numbers instead of giving them to some random guy on Twitter. (I know he's trusted by some of you.)

Because honestly this seems like damage control to cover for the fact that ISS dropped completely off the map.

I have a feeling that I should post a time stamped pic of my copy of the game along with an image of me kissing my PS4 otherwise I'm going to be met with pitchforks and torches for making this statement. :)

lol. Don't you get tired of doing this shit? Drop the conspiracy theories please.
Is PS4 really still having trouble keeping up with demand? Cause ~200K seems like low output.

America isn't the only country on planet Earth.

CoG

The sharp drop on Titanfall Xbox One combined with its inability to move hardware makes it one of the most embarrassing moneyhats ever.

Paganmoon

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that the Kinect-less Xbox was slated for June.

That sounds... backwards. Why didn't Microsoft announce this only weeks before the drop? Won't this harm sales immensely this month?

They'd get a huge backlash if they announced it weeks before. Eating the losses in May sounds like a smarter plan.

This is why i don't like the combined SKU numbers. It doesn't show an accurate picture for individual platform sales. It was better before.

Totally agree with this. It knocks off stuff on the list that should be on the list.

60% is well above the necessary sample size to reduce the margin to 1 or 2 percentage points. It is highly unlikely that any one console is favoring digital purchases over another by more than a few points.

I'm not so sure considering how many more indies are available on PS4 in addition to the retail games, not to mention all the PS+ games (even if they don't count with NPD) that don't count since Sony's given PS4 owners a free game every single month.

is that it? damn these numbers!

This. Argh.

Also, doesn't this makes claims of whose sold more total software pretty meaningless without digital as it would seem to be further effected by lack of indies and how PS4 owners have been getting a free game every month. So something like Resogun that probably would have sold a crap-load of copies probably doesn't even count. Nor will say Transistor or The Witness?

Is there an NPD software chart that is not all-format? It would be interesting to see the sales differences on every platform, particularly if Infamous: Second Son did outsell Titanfall on the XBO.

Blame Sony for that. I believe they were the ones that wanted it nixed after the PS3 was always absent on the list last gen. (Or was it publishers, since it was EA dominated or some shit?)

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
We need to know if PS4 at 200k is real. That wouldn't be that good, guys.

For 3DS: ...eh, One actually sold around what 3DS did in the last two Aprils. If it did the same this year, it'd be flat YOY. Unfortunately, I think it's lower than that. Around 85,000 - 90,000...100,000 if something strange happened.

I don't know. I mean MS PR explicitly said second best-selling console - handheld is not considered a console if one analyzes their previous PR's statements as 3DS would be the best-selling hardware, but Microsoft would announce that the 360 was the best selling console.

Hopefully Cream can give us more insight.

If it did then Sony should provide some numbers instead of giving them to some random guy on Twitter. (I know he's trusted by some of you.)

Because honestly this seems like damage control to cover for the fact that ISS dropped completely off the map.

I have a feeling that I should post a time stamped pic of my copy of the game along with an image of me kissing my PS4 otherwise I'm going to be met with pitchforks and torches for making this statement. :)

Enough, already. If you doubt NPD figures or the sources they come through, go to Chartzzz or something. There's nowhere on the internet that scrutinizes NA sales data as thoroughly as GAF.

The Llama

Because it charted at number one two months in a row?

Because the XB1 version sold so poorly that it was outsold by a game which didn't even chart in the top 10. And who knows what the 360 version sold but it probably wasn't great (it was #1 without any real competition).

TyrantII

Titanfall: Haze 2014 (only a much better game)

The hype WAS NOT REAL apparently. Lots of people in the press have some egg on their face right now for their obvious payola and cheerleading.

Handy Fake

When did Sony announce the 7 mil figure? This says they are still around that figure. Guess their sales slowed too. Supply must have caught up to demand.

Sony don't release figures. Seven million was the last "solid" figure we had. Therefore sales > 7 million since November. ;)

Donos

I guess MS knew right there how strong Titanfall would perform on the 360. The "delay" and total lack of any media for the version, to boost the XB1 version was very smart.

A release on all platforms would have brought very good overall numbers for EA.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is PS4 really still having trouble keeping up with demand? Cause ~200K seems like low output.

From what I've seen through anecdotal evidences and online stores /tracking, PS4 supply is in a normal state in US and UK, while there are still problems in several parts of Europe.

Still, the 200,000 rumour is yet to be confirmed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think Microsoft really underestimated how badly their terrible anti-consumer moves would alienate customers.

BuzzJive

"Xbox One sold 447,000 games in April"

The ceiling for Kinect Sports Rivals - their biggest post launch Kinect game - is pretty low.

These aren't the kind of numbers you want to see heading in to E3.

Legit shook. Titanfall X1 fell hard if it Second Son beat it and it itself didn't chart. May is gonna be a gong show.

gongsh2.jpg

Where were you the months of June 2013- March 2014. The amount of hype that TF got was unreal. Guess that press hype didn't exactly pan out for MS.

I'm not denying the level of hype and amount of advertising, but it was available on two other platforms.

What does that even mean?

Every media outlet has went out of their way (rightly or wrongly) to highlight the absolute disaster the Xbox One launch was. Would you expect great sales?

Zok310

Banned
May is going to be a disaster for MS with everyone waiting for that price cut in June. They should have waited for E3 to announce or make it effective immediately.
They have no clue what they are doing, they deserve 2nd place.

Melchiah

Infamous SS didn't chart? What the hell are the PS4 users playing? Twitch Plays Pokemon?

Perhaps some of these games?

TWLp7Cp.jpg

Notice how all the games, excluding Minecraft, on the top 10 are multiplatforms, and seven of them cross-gen. Considering the PS4 and XB1 system sales in NA, it's not far-fetched that games would sell more on the PS4.

From what I've seen through anecdotal evidences and online stores /tracking, PS4 supply is in a normal state in US and UK, while there are still problems in several parts of Europe.

Still, the 200,000 rumour is yet to be confirmed.

Where did the 200k rumour even come from? Sorry if I missed it in this thread

Top Bottom