• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2014 [Up2: XB1/360 hardware, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 best selling]

Can't believe Yoshi's New Island was actually the #1 "next gen" game if that's what people are saying. I hope that doesn't mean Nintendo is going to push out more abominations like that as a result of the sales though.
The gameplay is OK,but the music alone is enough to warrant the game never existing though

vpance

Well that's intriguing

14193439415_1f61950427_o.png

Dayum, so many crossed out already and it's only 4 months into next gen, lol

As much as I think it was a dumb claim to make for the sake of PR, that chart is showing a lot of people still happy with their 360s as a primary game system. Considering the length of the previous generation, I'm a little surprised.
Exactly my thoughts. Make fun of Yusuf all you want, there's at least of hint of truth to his words. One sales might begin to really climb when 7th gen actually starts to end.

I was not expecting the X1 doing those low numbers. May is going to be terrible with June being a bit more stable, I think.

Infamous SS didn't chart? What the hell are the PS4 users playing? Twitch Plays Pokemon?

You know, there's a myth about something called multiplatform games and it says you can play those too on your console. Shhh, don't tell anybody!

Kiote

As much as I think it was a dumb claim to make for the sake of PR, that chart is showing a lot of people still happy with their 360s as a primary game system. Considering the length of the previous generation, I'm a little surprised.

The bulk of Console owners do not upgrade until years in to the new Cycle.

d0nnie

Banned
May is going to be a disaster for MS with everyone waiting for that price cut in June. They should have waited for E3 to announce or make it effective immediately.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they announced the new XBO SKU, the same week as the release of the April NPD. They probably didn't not want to appear cornered by remaining stagnant and having low sales numbers. Investors do not like lack of action.

MSFT is in a tough spot with the XBO. I am definitely looking forward to E3 a lot more now...I want to see what MSFT does, and how Sony responds/reacts.

NoPiece

"PS4 software combined with Xbox One software sales are up over 40 percent compared to sales of the PS3 and Xbox 360 through their first six months" -NPD

Shouldn't be able to get aprox. PS4 numbers given the facts above?
am bad at math >.<

Don't feel bad, you may not be bad at math
but you might be bad at reading...

Elios83

Why is it surprising that inFamous : SS outsold Titanfall?

That's like asking why it would be surprsing if Killzone outsold Call of Duty. Titanfall had a marketing machine behind it fabricating hype that Infamous couldn't even dream.

Btw terrible but expected numbers for the X1.
Next month is gonna be a bloodbath with sub 100k numbers while PS4 should enjoy boosts from the exclusive MLB The Show and Watch Dogs (marketed as an exclusive and with the best version on PS4).

Proponent

Banned
I talk to a lot of people at work. And A LOT of people haven't upgraded yet. They are still waiting.

In fact: The majority of the people haven't upgraded.

Sony hasn't won this gen yet.

They need games. Good games. And they need them YESTERDAY!

Eusis

Blame Sony for that. I believe they were the ones that wanted it nixed after the PS3 was always absent on the list last gen. (Or was it publishers, since it was EA dominated or some shit?)
Regardless for the rest of us it's frustrating how opaque NPD is. It's what gave rise to the likes of chartz from people desperate to get exact numbers. I guess it's about how those organizations are run or something, NPD may be more dependent on getting people to pay them than the others are, and thus need to hold a key selling point ransom.

Daemul

The 360 is a masterpiece of a console, I ain't abandoning it until pubs start abandoning, only then will I buy and XBONE, or more accurately, when Mass Effect 4 comes out I'll buy an XBONE :p.

The Llama

I talk to a lot of people at work. And A LOT of people haven't upgraded yet. They are still waiting.

In fact: The majority of the people haven't upgraded.

Sony hasn't won this gen yet.

They need games. Good games. And they need them YESTERDAY!

The market disagrees with you.

Melchiah

I wish they'd provide sales figures per platform. It would be interesting to how the sales divide.

I am not surprised by SS outpacing Titanfall for X1 given the higher install base of PS4.

Multiplayer games usually encourage group purchases though. And long legs, as friends get to play with other friends.

xbone needs to sell more. 1 race pony is no good

2 decades ago we feared a 3-race pony would kill the industry. We've had 1-console generations many times over, with great success.

The only reason the PS4 is selling so well is due to the PS3 being awful. Everyone who owned one is ditching it ASAP to buy the next gen Playstation. Once the PS3 owners have all migrated, the PS4 sales will fall off a cliff.

I've seen the data points that prove this.
Oh hey, Medhi has a NeoGAF account.

Top Bottom