• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

RexNovis

Banned
I meant ltd for each in the US, not combined.

Using these two in conjunction with each other

LTD
sWC7SBW.png
LTD diff: 1285

I get the following figures for NA LTD

15888k PS4
14237k XB1
6381k WiiU

12372k PS4
11088k XB1
4969k WiiU

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Thanks Cream.

Yoshi sold almost 200k in December, That really good.

Also Yokay Watch sold over 100k this month... Not bad.

Amazing sales For Majora, Mario Maker, and Splatoon.

Including bundle + Digital those games are weeeeeeeeeeeell over 1 million.

Vena

Over 450k for Monster Hunter is pretty sweet. Just a couple years ago the franchise was almost nothing in the US

Marketing with (the n3DS and) Nintendo seems to work out really well for some franchises. This isn't the first we've seen even this gen on the 3DS.

I've pondered this myself. I wonder if people would be willing to purchase an upgraded console. They wouldn't even need the whole market to do it, just charge a premium for a bit better hardware for better performance and get enough consumers to upgrade for it to be worth the cost.

No idea how publishers / the market would respond though

I'd be curious how they'll do this, just up-clock the Jaguars? Swapping architecture or stepping up a generation in the Jaguar line would be quite the feat.

SalvaPot

oh Majora's Mask 3D almost at a million? sweet. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D did kind of well too.

I'll say it did pretty damn well for a port on the n3DS. I believe that is 200+ World Wide.

I think we can officially declare Xenoblade Chronicles an A Rank Nintendo Series, along Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and Punch Out, among others I don't remember right now.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
LTD
  • Not include HW bundle
  • Include special editions

Z:MM3D ~ 942
MH4U ~ 458
AC:AHL+ ~ 9
FF:F ~ 93
S.T.E.A.M. ~ 50
XC3D ~ 147
EMD ~ 20
P&D ~ 103
SMT:DS2RB ~ 42
LBX ~ 33
EO2U:TFK ~ 19
AC:HHD ~ 270
Miku ~ 45
SK2:DC ~ 16
Z: TH ~ 312
DBZ: EB ~ 48
Chibi ~ 57
TLOL ~ 31
PSMD ~ 352
YKW ~ 195
SK ~ 27

Kirby ~ 193
MP10 ~ 633
S ~ 849
SMM ~ 944
Yoshi ~ 457
MT: US ~ 67
AC: AF ~ 63
SK ~ 23

Thanks Cream!

Nvm got these 3. Thanks folks!
Ace Combat :Assault Horizon Legacy+ ~ 9
Fossil Fighters: Frontier ~ 93
The Legend of Legacy ~ 31

I'll say it did pretty damn well for a port on the n3DS. I believe that is 200+ WW.

I think we can officially declare Xenoblade Chronicles an A Rank Nintendo Series, along Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and Punch Out, among others I don't remember right now.

It wasn't n3DS only btw (XC3D is the only new 3DS exclusive). It just launched alongside the new 3DS.

Mory Dunz

Lol at mp10 probably doing over 1 mil WW

Anyone want to translate all the games. I would point out the ones I don't know but I'm mobile.

AdanVC

So cool to see exact numbers per software from Nintendo. Thanks, sugar!

Yokai Watch at 159k. I thought it would do higher considering the high amount of advertisement this game got. Looks like is not going to be the next Pokémon on the Americas as some people were predicting after all...

Excellent numbers for Xenoblade! The game that could!

anddd looks like Mario tennis ultra smash and amiibo festival bombed really badly.

Good.

Mory Dunz

I'll say it did pretty damn well for a port on the n3DS. I believe that is 200+ WW.

Uh, what's A rank, and does it have 3 tiers above it?

I'd be curious how they'll do this, just up-clock the Jaguars? Swapping architecture or stepping up a generation in the Jaguar line would be quite the feat.

Yeah who knows how they would do it. I would just love for someone to give it a shot because I've wondered for years what the response from the overall market would be. You see iterative technology in almost every field, gaming is really the only one with these long "cycles".

Would LOVE for someone to give it a shot

truth411

Thanks. So the PS is 1.3 million ahead in the US. Makes the 18 million sold rumour a bit dubious imo.
Yea I personally think that 18 million sales for the X1 is too high. But if true, that means the U.S. and U.K. makes up 75% of X1 sales. O_O or more if it's under 18 million (I'm guessing 17 million).

I don't know man. That is my understanding. If a AAA dev wants to set me straight then I welcome it.

That is true for a traditional generational leap in capabilities on consoles. However, if all a console does is offer a version with upgraded capabilities more in line with current PC specs, why would anything on the developer's side have to change. They are already making PC versions of their games.

What would be suicide would be a traditional generational leap where console maker came out with an entirely different architecture that developers had to learn and write custom engines for. In such a case the new gen would have a small install base at launch giving little incentive for developers to target them in the first couple of years after launch.

These are the reasons why new generations are so disruptive, but those downsides don't have to be there. An evolutionary improvement means that all tools would work for the next gen console and it would be easy to target both next and current gen at the same time. All the next gen would mean is that it could support the 1080p/60FPS gameplay with better anti-aliasing and image quality that some people say they must have out of games. For those who don't mind a 1080p/30FPS experience they could get the current gen for a cost savings.

SalvaPot

It wasn't n3DS only btw (XC3D is the only new 3DS exclusive). It just launched alongside the new 3DS.

I was talking specifically about Xenoblade 3D, so I am saying that Xenoblade 3D did pretty well for a port that is only compatible with the new 3DS, comparing it with all the other games that are also compatible with the OG 3DS.

Uh, what's A rank, and does it have 3 tiers above it?
Yes

SSS
SS
S
A
B
Chibi Robo.

I like to exaggerate a bit when making statements for dramatic effect, what I mean is that the series has proven it sells well enough. Not a million seller yet, but that will come with time.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I assume the first is an animal crossing game. Second is Fatal Frame. Third is that Atlus game Legend of Legacy

Actually I got the first one. It's Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+.

I was talking specifically about Xenoblade 3D, so I am saying that Xenoblade 3D did pretty well for a port that is only compatible with the new 3DS, comparing it with all the other games that are also compatible with the OG 3DS.

Yeh I think it did well.

Third month. It did better in December 2014 and 2013.

2nd best in software, though of course that doesn't mean it had to be close to December 2014

anyway that's a big 2015 Nintendo games dump of info

this is probably just greedy, but I kinda want to know the following older Nintendo games:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fire Emblem Awakening
Bravely Default

Raist

Banned
Yea I personally think that 18 million sales for the X1 is too high. But if true, that means the U.S. and U.K. makes up 75% of X1 sales. O_O or more if it's under 18 million (I'm guessing 17 million).

My guess is ~17M, with US+UK between 75-80% (closer to 80%).

Okay, the only definitive take away from this thread is I am now an honest fan of the Microsoft NPD PR. That was a flawless move to disqualify games off of the NPD top 10 until their one of their exclusives entered it.

I hope somebody steps up and makes a parody twitter account for Xbox PR. I'd join twitter just to follow them (and the Kaz, Lonely Luke, and Emo Kylo one as well).

AniHawk

real good for xenoblade and yoshi. i think this last year for wii u is going to be particularly sad. year over year it's been slightly down, as expected, but next year it's going to plummet. i wonder if they'll just drop the price of the wii u around summer just to burn off stock and prepare for nx.

december really turned into december + november. its importance is still big for family-oriented platforms, but it seems that the big buying craze now extends further back. you can't really rely on the same multipliers from years ago to predict december anymore.

i think next year will be the peak for sony and microsoft's 8th gen platforms, especially with a price drop to $300. it could be 2017 too, but i don't think it'll grow as much as it will in 2016. it could also be that only sony sees noticeable growth though.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
SK2:DC ~ 16

Can anyone help translate that one?

Majora's Mask, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, and Mario Party 10 are all doing better than I would expect. Tri Force Heroes seems like it's doing well for what it is, given Majora's Mask's numbers (same with HHD). Yoshi has some solid numbers. Yo-kai Watch seems like an okay start, given that it's a new franchise. It could grow. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D seems like it's pretty good, given its exclusive status and general appeal. Looks like Mario Tennis and amiibo Festival are getting the numbers I'd say they should. Hopefully Nintendo gets the right message from them.

The first block is all 3DS stuff so Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, Fossil Fighters: Frontier, and The Legend of Legacy?

This sounds right to me.

SalvaPot

Majora's Mask, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, and Mario Party 10 are all doing better than I would expect. Tri Force Heroes seems like it's doing well for what it is, given Majora's Mask's numbers (same with HHD). Yoshi has some solid numbers. Yo-kai Watch seems like an okay start, given that it's a new franchise. It could grow. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D seems like it's pretty good, given its exclusive status and general appeal. Looks like Mario Tennis and amiibo Festival are getting the numbers I'd say they should. Hopefully Nintendo gets the right message from them.

Ace Combat and Senran Kagura 2

Vena

Senran Kagura 2

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
The first block is all 3DS stuff so Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+, Fossil Fighters: Frontier, and The Legend of Legacy?

Yup that's the same conclusions I came to. Thanks!

So all the names of the Nintendo post:

3DS
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+
Fossil Fighters: Frontier
Code name S.T.E.A.M.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Puzzles & Dragons Z + Puzzles & Dragons Super Mario Edition
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Break
Little Battlers eXperience
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2
Senran Kagura 2: Director's Cut
Zelda: Triforce Heroes
DBZ: Extreme Butouden
Chibi Robo: Zip Lash
The Legend of Legacy
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Youkai Watch
Shovel Knight

Wii U:
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Mario Party 10
Splatoon
Super Mario Maker
Yoshi's Woolly World
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Shovel Knight

Vena

LTD
MH4U ~ 458
FF:F ~ 93
XC3D ~ 147
P&D ~ 103
SMT:DS2RB ~ 42
AC:HHD ~ 270
Miku ~ 45
Z: TH ~ 312
DBZ: EB ~ 48
TLOL ~ 31
PSMD ~ 352
YKW ~ 195

Kirby ~ 193
MP10 ~ 633
Yoshi ~ 457

Better than I was expecting for a lot of these, and some real outstanding performances too. Shovel Knight got another 50k at retail, lol.

Etrian really did struggle in all regions and forms, damn. STEAM's going to be lucky to break 100k, and it was aimed at this market (hence why I removed it).... it got outsold by Chibi.

Mory Dunz

It's be kind of interesting to get how much Lego or just dance sells on the Wii U. We know it's the only 3Rd party multiplat that doesn't bomb, but do we ever actually get numbers a d splits from the company?

Sterok

Damn, Mario Party. Did not see numbers that good happening. Kirby had good legs. Triforce Heroes did better than expected. Yokai seems to have sold alright in December. Seems like Nintendo's December boost worked for their software at least.

wapplew

Okay, the only definitive take away from this thread is I am now an honest fan of the Microsoft NPD PR. That was a flawless move to disqualify games off of the NPD top 10 until their one of their exclusives entered it.

I hope somebody steps up and makes a parody twitter account for Xbox PR. I'd join twitter just to follow them (and the Kaz, Lonely Luke, and Emo Kylo one as well).

Can you link me MS PR this NPD? Can't find on OP.

Top Bottom