• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

I apologize that I have not been an active member of these video game boards, but alas, real life calls.

Would anyone on these forums care about precise hardware numbers for December 2015? Because I am willing to provide them to Neo GAF this month as a courtesy if you want.

N.Domixis

Banned
Hello, Neo GAF forums.

I apologize that I have not been an active member of these video game boards, but alas, real life calls.

Would anyone on these forums care about precise hardware numbers for December 2015? Because I am willing to provide them to Neo GAF this month as a courtesy if you want.
Sure that would be great.

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

That would be fantastic. Your help is always greatly appreciated.

joecanada

People buying games they enjoy? What a crazy concept. Kind of like shitposters taking potshots at games they don't like, because reasons.

True but I'd just say that with these continued success we aren't ever getting good servers again so I guess I'll never get to play another cod. MP is everything to me.
Madden though? I mean if you are a big sports fan of course you are going to but Fifa, madden, NHL yearly especially to play with friends. Complaining about them makes no sense unless you have specific issues to bring up.

Sterok

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Always welcome. Especially 3DS please.

joecanada

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Well you were busy in that election so no worries but we welcome your return

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Yes, please. Your posts always help us cut through some of the PR shenanigans in these threads.

Welfare

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

That would be great. Could you include 3DS along with the home consoles?

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Pretty please?

Xbox One is the best place for gamers and the only console that has all top 10 best-selling titles of this generation that launched in 2015.”

Im really confused by this?

Are they using the "full year" 2015 list in the op, but removing all the titles not released in 2015? And that leads to an XB1 exclusive being part of their top 10?

jjonez18

Between Cream and Mulcair...
SalesGaf feels so loved!

Bring on the numbers. Can we get Bloodborne and Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection? Would also love to know how well the Star Wars bundle did.

jayu26

Buckwheat noodles. It's delicious :D

Well as long as it's not made from rice...

Will try some day.

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

With charts if you can. We like charts and graphs.

nib95

Banned
Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Yes please. Some software numbers would be great too. Specifically Halo 5, Nathan Drake Collection and Rise of the Tomb Raider (including bundles).

If you can tell us the sales split between the different platforms of the top 3 games (COD, Fallout and Battlefront) including bundled copies, that would also be great.

eFKac

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Yes please!

Hardware numbers for the month and cumulative for the year would be fantastic, thank you.

Would you be willing to provide some SW numbers as well?

Usobuko

Banned
200k is great for XCX on the Wii U. Nintendo has had a pretty good track record with JRPGs in recent years though. They launched Fire Emblem Awakening and Bravely Default to higher than typical numbers as well. I'm expecting Fire Emblem Fates to hit at least 200k in Feb.

They began to embrace the waifu movement while the vocals one who were initially disdain of Jrpg progress since SNES tone down their criticism.

Tubie

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Very much so!

LordofPwn

So why do we care about what the NPD says about software sales again?

I bought 1 physical copy all of last year, MGSV. All in all I probably bought something close to 30 games digitally.

If you think about how much digital retail has increased over the past couple years and still see how YoY software sales are around the same for physical copies, imagine how much healthier the market actually is when you account for digital sales.

Welfare

Damn that Gears of War bundle is a monster, no one came close.

Interesting.

I bought 1 physical copy all of last year, MGSV. All in all I probably bought something close to 30 games digitally.

If you think about how much digital retail has increased over the past couple years and still see how YoY software sales are around the same for physical copies, imagine how much healthier the market actually is when you account for digital sales.

About 20% healthier, I guess.

I mean there may even be a 9:1 ratio split when you think about it

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Thank you cream, especially for the Yoshi numbers! I wonder if Yoshi can make it (worldwide) to a million. It will most likely cross the half million bar in NA, but Japan was so weak that Yoshi didn't even pass 100k (but close enough that I think it still has a chance of barely doing it over time).

And with the fall of AC this year, I now wouldn't even want to play any of the top ten games the full year (nor of this month for that matter). Too bad my taste differs so greatly from the majority's - making games "for me" potentially a scarce good.

Great sales for ps4 and xb1. Xenoblade sales are ok, don't see why people are saying it's great, with the game being a massive open world game, not your typical jrpg with low budget, and coming out on the best month for wiiu sales.

joecanada

It's been reported by a major pub I believe as digital being about 20% so that's why

Hello, Neo GAF forums.

Hmmmmm, yes, please? ;)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Well I was wrong about both GTA V and Minecraft run in the top 10 being over...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh man, my personal wager was close. Rainbow came within 34k units of passing Halo 5 launch month. And some people laughed when I suggested R6 might do it.

And launching in December no less.

SalvaPot

Great sales for ps4 and xb1. Xenoblade sales are ok, don't see why people are saying it's great, with the game being a massive open world game, not your typical jrpg with low budget.

Its great in the context of its release:

-Lackluster reception in Japan (Remember the bad previews it got?)
-Heavy competition with other Open world games like Fallout 4 (Remember how many "Should I buy X or Y?" threads this got?)
-Exclusive to the Console that is selling the least.
-Sales are for its first month only.
-Its a Franchise that was not going to come to NA in the first place.

The only thing it had going for itself was it released pretty much by itself on the Wii U and the Smash representation it has.

Welfare

Oh man, my personal wager was close. Rainbow came within 34k units of passing Halo 5 launch month. And some people laughed when I suggested R6 might do it.

Damn. DAMN. Halo has regressed to Rainbow 6 levels.

Excellent news for Siege! Glad it's doing so well.

Didn't Ubisoft expect to sell 7m units of R6S or something? Probably not that surprising after we got Halo 5s October numbers.

Any indication of how Halo did in December?

Top Bottom