• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Elandyll

Banned
Playstation has o games, please.

Would you be saying that Tivor is making his "o" face?

office-space-05_l.jpg

RexNovis

Banned
It's not over 2 million retail. Maybe with digital but that's iffy since we don't know the numbers for December. Retail copies is less then < 1.9 million (if you assume Halo 5 was at #11) at the high end I but it's likely to be much lower then that.

Tbh, I'm not really seeing the legs that you're seeing.

Its because they are invisible legs. Dat stealth Camo! Spartan Locke has that shit on Lock. It's his damn name after all.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Sorry but, i am missing something?

Halo was at >1,300,000, and sold >365,000 in November... Now, November include the second week of the game and Black friday, so, seem very unlucky it sold more in December ( after a -65% MOM drop).

How the hell is Halo 5 at 2 million retail?

Maybe (probabily) including digital, but no way is at 2 million at retail.

jet1911

Halo 3, Reach, and 4 already sold 3.3 million in their debut month. Halo 5 is still nowhere near hitting that number after more than 2 months.

If the fan reception of Halo 4 and MCC was stellar you could more easily compared the numbers like that. Sadly for MS H4 and MCC really hurt the Halo brand so Halo 5 selling less than previous games is nothing surprising.

RexNovis

Banned
i think you may have misread somewhere and though i was biased or something, which likely means you are.

Anyway on the ps4 subject in terms of VR costs

But I guess Sony themselves are fairy dust to you....

Bahahaha hahahaha. I can't. I just can't even. Oh my sides. This is the hardest I've laughed in AGES! Oh this is gold.

Is this entire post sarcasm? If I ask "what does the Xbox 360 or PS2 have that PS4 doesn't", would you give a joke response or something serious?

PS4 is trending much higher than 360. PS2 was a phenomenon and ended up selling significantly more than merely 100 million - it's over 150million now. And still PS4 isn't trending terribly far behind that at the moment (although it will never match PS2 sales lifetime without some truly deep price cutting over its life and if VR becomes a Kinect-or-bigger like phenomenon for at least the life of the system).

90 million is pretty much without a doubt a lock, and 100 million has easily better than 50/50 odds.

You're making a real argument right now that in the first six months of 2016, the XBO is going to outsell the PS4 in the US to the order of >>> 800,000 units? Or just that it will sell better in that six month period than the PS4 will? Neither scenario is going to happen. This first six months for PS4 is quite packed - Uncharted 4, Street Fighter V, No Man's Sky, Ratchet and Clank and a bevy of third party titles which have fairly consistently been shown to typically sell more on PS4. The big titles for XBO in this timeframe are Quantum Break, maybe Fable Legends and if I'm being generous they have a marketing deal with Division. I'm looking through the release schedule right now and can't even hazard any other big Microsoft specific titles in that period, but if I missed one I apologize as it wasn't intentional. After that it's the same third party games PS4 has.

I mean even subjectively, it's pretty easy to know which of these two lineups in the first six months are likely to sell better. No matter which lineup we prefer quality-wise.

That's funny considering the constant refrain from hardcore Xbox One fans were that the PS4 had no gamez, and the XBO had them all. Are we at the revisionist history phase of the debate?

I don't even know how you qualified the second part of your argument. So I'm just going to say it's bullshit and move on.

Oh so it was Star Wars that allowed Sony's even worse PS4 lineup outclass XBO. I bet you didn't know PS4 had more exclusives, more higher rated games and sold more third party software than XBO did last year too. Objectively, not subjectively.

But hey, at least that's consistent!

I a
While Sony this week renamed it's virtual reality offering from Project Morpheus to an uninspired PlayStation VR, it has also hinted at what the VR system may end up costing as well.

Speaking to Bloomberg, Sony Entertainment's CEO Andrew House didn't exactly reveal any firm numbers, but he did say that the PlayStation VR will carry a similar price tag as a new gaming platform when it launches next year.

If we go off of Sony's pricing of the PlayStation 4 when it first released in 2013, we could be looking at about US$400 for the PlayStation VR.

I appreciate the kinda real responces here. Ill answer them.

1. You cant compare the ps2s 15o million. The ps2 reached that from where it was by a long extention, which included a few more years, a price drop and another revision, the ps3 floundering, a ton of devs still sticking with it due to how quick the next gen jump was for a couple years, barely any 6th gen competition, which became Zero around 2oo7. You had also Online increase, addons, There are other factors as well, issues is the ps4 has none of those.At least so far, and its not VR.

2. No the argument was a guy said the Xb1 wont win one month this year, and I said it will likely win a month at least within the first 6 months of the year. You even considered it with QB as a maybe. I think the issues is you and others, due to being on Gaf so long, read defense of a console as a fanboy paragraph when I really couldnt care less. Just read it regularly.

3. You didint even read this, what does Xbox one has no games have to do with the 2o15 Holiday being worse for sales than the 2o14 holiday. When did the ps4 come in to the conversation, did you even read this, because none of what you wrote was said.

4. I didint say the ps4 had less or more of anything, drov the fanboy act and read the posts normally, I never attacked the vs4, and said the ps4 will win inevitably short of a miracle and you and a couple others are still changing my posts around to ones that were never made. Or you dont read the whole post and nitpick.

Halo was at >1,300,000, and sold >365,000 in November... Now, November include the second week of the game and Black friday, so, seem very unlucky it sold more in December ( after a -65% MOM drop).

Maybe (probably) including digital, but no way is at 2 million at retail.

See this is the issue, nobody is reading posts regularly,t hey are reading it in anger as if I attacked their preferred piece of plastic, half the responses to my posts where about things I never said, where the hell did RETAIL come from for example and when did I make that statement. i never did.

I was talking LTD, thats all sales, i know this forum has a lot of retail exclusion arguments but thats not every member on the board.

RexNovis

Banned

Maybe (probabily) including digital, but no way is at 2 million at retail.

Yes Ryng you are missing the magic fairy dust! Didn't you get the memo? Who needs facts when we can get high on our own imagination?!?! I mean it's not like this is a sales thread or anything!

Tommy DJ

Hmm odd I said US 4 million, reading much eh...

Oh and uh, hmm, it DID chart in the top ten last month. The only exclusive to do so for both months put together on the 2 consoles looking at this thread.

This is what you said:

WTF, Halo isnt selling badly guys. Halo has legs, is already likely heading toward 3 million, and I think its safe to say it will be over 4 U.S. alone at minimum but likely will sell more for U.S. LTD, Add rest of the world itll be around 8.

Yes I can't read so please clarify this post for me. When you say that "its safe to say it will be over 4 U.S. alone at minimum", what you mean is that consumers in the United States will purchase at least 4 million copies of Halo 5. If that is the case, the rest of the world would have to purchase 4 million copies of Halo 5 to reach your 8 million figure if we adopt the 4 million figure. Am I wrong in my reasoning here?

Even if I wasn't being a dickhead and adopted a figure of 5 million for lifetime Halo 5 sales in the United States, that would mean 3 million ROTW sales. Do you honestly think this is possible when the rest of the world has shown relative apathy towards the Xbox One?

As for charting, I don't see Halo 5 in December's Top 10 Sales list. In comparison to Halo 3, which stayed in 6th place with 742k sales and 4.82 million sales after four months, the trajectory of the Halo series is clearly downward. Halo 5 worldwide sales haven't even reached Halo 3's September launch sales in the USA alone and that's with the holiday season to help it. So everyone has no idea why you're thinking Halo 5 will have the same legs as the other Halo games when sales this year alone prove that it is no longer the big hitting series it used to be.

See this is the issue, nobody is reading posts regularly,t hey are reading it in anger as if I attacked their preferred piece of plastic, half the responses to my posts where about things I never said, where the hell did RETAIL come from for example and when did I make that statement. i never did.

I was talking LTD, thats all sales, i know this forum has a lot of retail exclusion arguments but thats not every member on the board.

Regardless, you're still making wide assumptions on how much Halo 5 sold. Repetitive assertions won't make that 2 million figure any more true unless you show us how it's a plausible number, which you have failed to do. Blaming other people for your argumentative deficiencies also doesn't help you.

WTF, Halo isnt selling badly guys. Halo has legs, is already likely heading toward 3 million, and I think its safe to say it will be over 4 U.S. alone at minimum but likely will sell more for U.S. LTD, Add rest of the world itll be around 8.

Halo Wars may sell 2 or max 3 million LTD, and wont really get much attention paid to it, which would make this year seem like a break anyway to be honest.

Well Target, and Bjs dropped the ps3 completely long ago. it may be just no real point and the sales are poor.

But it could be a sign.

Lol.

Gears will sell better than Halo 5 for a bit but not LTD.

Halo has 3 games released this gen, Gears 4 at its best will sell really well, and likely outset Halo 5 for awhile but unlikely LTD.

Halo was always Legs, 4 excluded, Gears was always instant.

Dont know what nonsense math your using.

Halo 4 sold very fast than hit a wall.

Already Halo 5 is having the opposite problem, Halo 4 seems to be increasingly getting good passage of voice, through fans and casuals, its getting increasingly good reviews and reception. Its community is not going to die in 5 seconds and fall into the Ocean.

Already Halo is heading around 2 million in the U.S. alone. Anyone can clearly see Halo making it to at minimum 4 million in the U.S. alone. Throw in a likely bundle and price cut later, its even more obvious.

For you to think it cant at least reach 8 doesnt really make much sense unless Halo 5 literally dies after this month. Not happening. Hell, Halo was the only exclusive making any charts this holiday season. Its going to be climbing.

The only part you got me on was math.

Explain what the ps4 has to sell 2o million or more for the next 3 years Ill wait. it has nothing zero.

Whats it going to have as an alternative that helped the ps2, 36o, or ps3...

VR wont do it, its priced to high and its even admitted, in sonys case, to be its own thing.

So whats going to do it, blind faith. Sony won WW, that likely short of a miracle wont change, but lets not pretend Sony has magic fairy dust.

Yeah, ok, lets ignore where Halo is NOW, and the usual Legs Halo has just because you want to I guess.

Oh and you spelled *create* wrong.

That nice and all the Issues is all of those sold over 8 million, and Halo 5 is around over 2 million going by What ive been seeing here. You cant see even a 4 million minimum in the U.S. alone, then ok, but that just seems strange.to me.

What does the ps4 have to do with the trajectory of the Xbox One, those are 2 different conversations. i think you may have misread somewhere and though i was biased or something, which likely means you are.

Anyway on the ps4 subject in terms of VR costs

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/we...how-much-the-playstation-vr-will-cost-1304612

But I guess Sony themselves are fairy dust to you....

giphy.gif

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13.gif

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-14.gif

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-16.gif

2f4301b3fea2ba687d16bc8477688d0c.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

mHM3DMk.gif

Regardless, you're still making wide assumptions on how much Halo 5 sold. Repetitive assertions won't make that 2 million figure any more true unless you show us how it's a plausible number, which you have failed to do. Blaming other people for your argumentative deficiencies also doesn't help you.

No its your lack of reading comprehension unless you can show me where I said Retail RIGHT NOW brah. But you cant.

I am not the only one assuming LTD it may be around 2 million. In this very thread.

No its your lack of reading comprehension unless you can show me where I said Retail RIGHT NOW brah. But you cant.

I am not the only one assuming LTD it may be around 2 million. In this very thread.

You still haven't proven that Halo 5 sold 2 million LTD. All you have been doing is making the same assertion over and over again. Argumentum ad nauseam is not a valid argument.

RexNovis

Banned
Guys calm down clearly our puny minds are incapable of deciphering his brilliance. Such genius. Such magnificence. Truly he has blessed us all with his irrefutable logic.

thread isn't going any shortage of overboard i see

Anyways, Halo 5 is pretty much done. Middle of the ground campaign. iffy mp again with maps that people cant really get into. Just isn't what the halo faithful want. No sense in going around and around with it anymore.

You know what ok fine, just hmmm. Wow ugh. Ok I see now, back to the election thread.

Its like that customer who will tell you they you are wrong about their Finances, when they just filed bankrupcy and think a Lincoln Bill is worth $5o.

Also I see some of your posts, I didnt break any rules dont even try it.

BTW, this is a legit truthful source, but guys keev ignoring it and I have no clue why, but Im done with this thread atm.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/we...how-much-the-playstation-vr-will-cost-1304612

peaking to Bloomberg, Sony Entertainment's CEO Andrew House didn't exactly reveal any firm numbers, but he did say that the PlayStation VR will carry a similar price tag as a new gaming platform when it launches next year.

If we go off of Sony's pricing of the PlayStation 4 when it first released in 2013, we could be looking at about US$400 for the PlayStation VR.

Of course, it should be noted that this will be on top of having to have a PS4 as well, so the real price for a full Sony VR system would add up to be around the $800 mark

BTW be excited for the democrat debate tomorrow for those who read the elections threads.

bombshell

The only part you got me on was math.

Explain what the ps4 has to sell 2o million or more for the next 3 years Ill wait. it has nothing zero.

Whats it going to have as an alternative that helped the ps2, 36o, or ps3...

VR wont do it, its priced to high and its even admitted, in sonys case, to be its own thing.

So whats going to do it, blind faith. Sony won WW, that likely short of a miracle wont change, but lets not pretend Sony has magic fairy dust.

Why does it need any fairy dust to sell 20 million in a year? It sold 17.4 million in 2015 with "no games".

With the stacked lineup the PS4 has this year, you think it needs a miracle to sell 2.6 million more than last year?

Tommy DJ

You know what ok fine, just hmmm. Wow ugh. Ok I see now, back to the election thread.

Its like that customer who will tell you they you are wrong about their Finances, when they just filed bankrupcy and think a Lincoln Bill is worth $5o.

I'm sure you think a bill with Lincoln's face on it is worth $5o.

Did someone mention the retail sales of Halo 5 in December?

The only thing we know conclusively is that they are lower then 635k as that is the number to break into the top 10. It's probably considerably lower then that, given November's numbers.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Halo 5 is sitting around 1.55 million retail in the U.S.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Also I see some of your posts, I didnt break any rules dont even try it.

BTW, this is a legit truthful source, but guys keev ignoring it and I have no clue why, but Im done with this thread atm.

But the PS4 is no longer $4oo, and could be $3oo by the time VR hits.

(You have to be an alt, the temper tantrums sound too forced, lol.)

RexNovis

Banned
Why does it need any fairy dust to sell 20 million in a year? It sold 17.4 million in 2015 with "no games".

With the stacked lineup the PS4 has this year, you think it needs a miracle to sell 2.6 million more than last year?

But the PS4 is no longer $4oo, and could be $3oo by the time VR hits.

(You have to be an alt, the temper tantrums sound too forced, lol)

Shhhh don't poke the bear. He's sleeping now. I'm sure he'll dance for us again sometime soon.

One more, show me where I said the s4 has no games. I am not other guys, I never said it, if others said it thats fine, dont add it to my quotes.

Wow, this thread atm.

BTW I dont have an XB1. So wow what the heck guys not every one is a fanboy out to kill you.

And here I was, thinking we'd entered a new era of rational thought, shared information, a true Renaissance...

Good to see we can still keep it OG(af) style.

Anyways, awesome to think Splatoon vs Halo comparisons is an actual, real thing we are going to get to soon. What a world.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
FIRST PART: CONFIRMED NUMBERS

Halo 5 confirmed sales are >1,665,000 including digital by end of November.

First month:
Withouth bundle: 842,000
Including bundle: 935,000
Including digital: 1,300,000

Second month, no idea of digital sales, but it sold 358,000 withouth bundle, and >365,000 including it.

So far, 0 info about December.

Digital sales were 28% first week, which is a very good ratio... but digital sales legs usually are way worse than retail sales, expecially during the holidays.

SECOND PART: GUESS / POSSIBLE SCENARIO

If we say digital sales ratio remain the same in November (28%), Halo 5 could sold >506,000 in November, which could mean a LT sales of >1,806,000.
Assuming it sold the same in December, Halo 5 could be >2,312,000.

Well, that's the best scenario in my opinion.

I think Halo 5 should be 2.1/ 2.2 million, because i think December sales were not at November sales, and digital ratio is well decreased.

But those are just random guess.

bombshell

One more, show me where I said the s4 has no games. I am not other guys, I never said it, if others said it thats fine, dont add it to my quotes.

Wow, this thread atm.

BTW I dont have an XB1. So wow what the heck guys not every one is a fanboy out to kill you.

The "no games" in quotes wasn't attributed to you in any way (it's the common, completely misguided, internet consensus), but my 2 questions were for you.

Top Bottom