• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

iceatcs

Haunted said:
It seems like iceatcs has a bunch of nice .gifs, but no fucking clue when to post them.

You need to pick up some comedic timing, friend.
Awwwwww
b6e1c039445986e13dbcd52826994058.gif

Just a factoid.

This month's NPD statistics arrived this afternoon, and as predicted, Nintendo's Wii Motion Plus racked in a sizable number of unit sales in its first month of retail availability. The market research firm reported that the motion tracking add-on for the Wiimote moved 169,000 units in North America. Not counted in the accessory report, however, were Wii Motion Plus units bundled with software, such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10.

Foffy

Banned
Lostconfused said:
I guess red faction got left out in the cold. Maybe the negative perception didn't go away so not enough people played it. I mean from listening to the podcasts it sounds like a lot of fun. But personally I haven't even considered renting it.

Why is that? Because it seems quite different compared to the previous two games?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Cant0na said:
Twist !!!
CD.gif

whats your "friends" gamertag?

Wait, take a quick look at his post history and search for prototype. :lol

Blu_LED said:
Good for inFamous. Its such a sin that Prototype is going to outsell it. inFamous is such a better game its not even funny.

inFamous is the first game this year that had people who only own a 360 coming up to me and asking about it. They have never done this before, not even for Killzone 2. It was the jumping point for some of my good 360 only friends.

Blu_LED said:
I think this score is perfect. The game is nothing special.
^
From the IGN review thread, posted the day the game released.

Blu_LED said:
If you have a PS3 buy inFamous. If you have a 360 buy Red Faction. Stay away from Prototype at all costs.
^
From May.

Blu_LED said:
Buying Prototype on PS3 is like buying MLB 2K9 on PS3. You have a better alternative, so use it.

This is pretty fun!

Kittonwy

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
Jack Black can't even sell the fucking movies he's in, what makes you think he'll be able to sell this?

Not really getting why Jack Black is such a big star to begin with, I mainly remembered him from the guy who got fried in an arcade by Giovanni Rabisi in an episode of the X-files and the best-friend of Matthew Broderick in the Cable Guy.

Papercuts said:
Wait, take a quick look at his post history and search for prototype. :lol

^
From the IGN review thread, posted the day the game released.

^
From May.

This is pretty fun!
Are you trying to prove that I have liked inFamous more then Prototype since the day it was released? Well then, you are correct sir.

My friends Gamertag, just texted him, and he doesn't have Xbox Live.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Blu_LED said:
Are you trying to prove that I have liked inFamous more then Prototype since the day it was released? Well then, you are correct sir.

You said things like "you have a better alternative, so use it" and "Stay away from Prototype at all costs" BEFORE the game released.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt that you actually played both games and prefer infamous, you were down on prototype before anyone played it.

MotherFan

xs_mini_neo said:
Sony has created a whole gen of monsters. One of them tried to swallow my soul after I gave a very mild complaint about a certain PS game not too long ago. Absolutely frightening. Someone should make a documentary of the fall of PS fanboys. One could only imagine what their reactions would be if Sony went third party like Sega...

Internet would break, meltdowns of the most epic proportions, mass banning of fanboys of all systems, in fact the total may exceed the amount banned throughout the entire system war this gen (and it may even rival the amount lost to disease and infection). It would be the day NeoGaF changed forever.

And you thought Kefka ended the world.....

Blu_LED said:

No. He's implying you had it out for Prototype before it was even released.

garks

Banned
Blu_LED said:

$100 says he's pirating 360 games.

Blu_LED said:

While I believe you in this issue because I remember most of the posts you made.

That last part does sound awfully 'convenient' you have to admit

xs_mini_neo said:
Sony has created a whole gen of monsters. One of them tried to swallow my soul after I gave a very mild complaint about a certain PS game not too long ago. Absolutely frightening. Someone should make a documentary of the fall of PS fanboys. One could only imagine what their reactions would be if Sony went third party like Sega...

ohl0fc.gif

bhhawks78

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Why would you want a hardcore game on Wii to fail???

:(

Because many people think it's an awful "hardcore" game on the wii and would rather have a good "hardcore/mature" wii game than a successful conduit just inspiring similar uninspired shovel-ware that just happens to be "hardcore/mature".

Loudninja

Really who gives a damn, he does not like it get over it already :lol; I am sure people here don't like InFamous as well, but I don't go around an search posts history an asking for there PSN ID.

I thought the thread this month would be boring, but seeing all the silly quibbling over inFAMOUS versus Prototype has redeemed it.
Indifferent2.gif

AniHawk said:
Sega's the first one to outright fail three releases in a row though. So it's probably too late to start a fanbase around the type of games that are on the 360 now.

Overkill performed quite well actually. And numbers for The Conduit aren't known ye-oh wait it's AniHawk I forgot you are an NPD insider.

Cant0na

Banned
MotherFan said:
Internet would break, meltdowns of the most epic proportions, mass banning of fanboys of all systems, in fact the total may exceed the amount banned throughout the entire system war this gen (and it may even rival the amount lost to disease and infection). It would be the day NeoGaF changed forever.

And you thought Kefka ended the world.....

2012.........mayans predicted.............xbox720 launches..........wiiHD as well..........It all makes sense now

Sleeker

ICallItFutile said:
LTD

PlayStation 2 44,300,518
PlayStation 3 7,914,096
PSP 15,260,836
Xbox 360 15,480,886
Wii 20,564,781
Nintendo DS 31,643,158

YTD

PlayStation 2 785.9k
PlayStation 3 1.1199 mil
PSP 919.2k
Xbox 360 1.6206 mil
Wii 3.0244 mil
Nintendo DS 4.1018 mil

YOY

PlayStation 2 -1%
PlayStation 3 -59% (MGS4 last year)
PSP -52%
Xbox 360 +9%
Wii -46%
Nintendo DS -2%

Thats pretty cool for xbox

Blu_LED said:

That's because it costs so much. Man the PS3 is so awesome with free online.

I know you wanted to post it! Admit it! ;)

bhhawks78

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
No. He's implying you had it out for Prototype before it was even released.

Also "playing through most of it on a friends 360 in 2 days" would be 8-12 hours a day of just prototype, strange to do if its so bad.

AniHawk

Flying_Phoenix said:
Overkill performed quite well actually. And numbers for The Conduit aren't known ye-oh wait it's AniHawk I forgot you are an NPD insider.

Actually, I was referring to Sonic and the Black Knight and not Overkill. And I guess I could always mean Let's Tap instead of The Conduit.

Sadist said:
Seeing it's taking forever, I think the Conduit sales aren't pretty.
These days in order to stand out from the pack your game needs to have a huge multimillion dollar marketing campaign, especially with a new IP. Just look at Lost Planet or Assassin's Creed for evidence of that.

Conduit didn't have this.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
While I believe you in this issue because I remember most of the posts you made.

That last part does sound awfully 'convenient' you have to admit
No it totally does, and there's really no way I can prove that I have played the game or not. Ask me any plot point questions, or gameplay questions I can just look them up.

In my opinion, inFamous is better then Prototype. I have played both games (Platinumed inFamous, played most of Protoype), absolutely loved inFamous and hated Prototype. From looking at all the previews and shit of both game, I came to the conclusion that Prototype was going to suck before it came out, felt like I needed to play it to make my definitive opinion, did, and my opinion of the game was exactly what I thought it was going to be.

Cruzader

Banned
Blu_LED said:

so this has turned into a inFamous vs Prototype again....didnt we have one of those threads?

Anyhow Blu has a point. If you own a PS3, why would you get Prototype ala 2K9 vs The Show?

rpmurphy

Looks like lowered expectations for the Conduit sales worked out pretty well. If it doesn't make top 20 though, that's a whole different story.

Cth

Ok, here's a question..

Does anyone think Transformers sales weren't as high due to the fanbase having a few hundred dollars worth of merchandise released in the same week?

I know there was a lot of people hesitant to get the new version based on the first movie's tie-in game as well.

With the DLC announcement made recently, do you think sales would go up, down or stay the same next month? I'm asking since it hit shelves later in the month in a crowded time.

Banned
Blu_LED said:

No, he is saying you have never played Prototype. You hated it before it was released. You hated the day of release. You have not played it.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Can't the Sonybots just stop now? Let it go. You're sounding stupid now.

I haven't played Prototype yet, but everyone I know who HAS enjoyed it more than infamous.

So it must be at least a DECENT game. Considering 360 owners don't HAVE the option of infamous, it makes sense prototype sold as well as it did.

At least infamous outsold prototype ps3, so be happy and stfu

quoted for at least a BIT of relevance.

Blu_LED said:
No it totally does, and there's really no way I can prove that I have played the game or not. Ask me any plot point questions, or gameplay questions I can just look them up.

Actually let's ask you questions and you have 30 seconds to respond with a post. It would probably take more than that time to google certain very specific questions.

This thread is finally picking up! :lol

Top Bottom