• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

Once again my friends list predicts NPD.

Seriously, last month Prototype was definitely the flavor of the month, lots of people playing it. Month before that UFC. Since then, I never see anyone playing either of those two games.

Anyone got BlazBlue numbers? Or did it not make the June cutoff?

Sadist

polyh3dron said:
These days in order to stand out from the pack your game needs to have a huge multimillion dollar marketing campaign, especially with a new IP. Just look at Lost Planet or Assassin's Creed for evidence of that.

Conduit didn't have this.
Nope, but I din't think the Conduit has the same budget as those two ;)

I'm just curious, I want to laugh about Chartzzzz predictions.

polyh3dron said:
These days in order to stand out from the pack your game needs to have a huge multimillion dollar marketing campaign, especially with a new IP. Just look at Lost Planet or Assassin's Creed for evidence of that.

Still haven't played it. But the word of mouth has been pretty bad for it.

Ijuti said:
14mc32b.jpg

FUCKING ILL! *goes to throw up*

Arpharmd B said:
Month before that UFC. Since then, I never see anyone playing either of those two games.

It was the 8th most played game according to Xbox Live's unique user format. Your friend's list is faulty.

Tobor

Stoney Mason said:
Actually let's ask you questions and you have 30 seconds to respond with a post. It would probably take more than that time to google certain very specific questions.

This thread is finally picking up! :lol

Somebody get him on Skype and ask him questions live and then post the MP3. :lol

NPD threads are falling on hard times, bro.

fernoca

Good to see Prototype at #1.. :) ..liked teh game a lot..

Kinda weird not seeing any DS games, mostly because it was the top selling ...hardware; so a Pokémon game or something in the Top 10 was what I kinda expected...but maybe the rest of the list was flooded with DS games..

Kittonwy

Banned
polyh3dron said:

I think the shooter genre is so damn competitive in terms of MP modes, maps, player count, graphics, that while Conduit is one of but a handful of shooters on the wii, it might not be compelling enough to interest hardcore shooter fan when there are already way better shooters on other systems. That and the marketing thing of course.
Indifferent2.gif

Tobor said:
Somebody get him on Skype and ask him questions live and then post the MP3. :lol

NPD threads are falling on hard times, bro.

That's right! It has to be live!

Somebody could PM the answers to him from GAF. :D

I'm teasing on this whole thing of course. The only thing to really take from this is that hardcore fanboys tend to rightfully have less credibility.

_Angelus_

Banned
polyh3dron said:
inFAMOUS IS a better game and most reviews reflect that.

I'm asking the Kitten though because with both games being so close in score its too close to call. Besides I need his valid opinion on these matters.

Loudninja

Stoney Mason said:

I'm teasing on this whole thing of course. The only thing to really take from this is that hardcore fanboys tend to rightfully have less credibility.

Cant trust Stoney Mason anymore ;)

garks

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I think the shooter genre is so damn competitive in terms of MP modes, maps, player count, graphics, that while Conduit is one of but a handful of shooters on the wii, it might not be compelling enough to interest hardcore shooter fan when there are already way better shooters on other systems. That and the marketing thing of course.
Indifferent2.gif

I agree. That and the Conduit developers were stupid enough to "show off" the graphical techniques like it's never been done before. Little did they know we gamers have Internet to compare graphics ;-)

Pimpbaa

Glad that Prototype sold well. I loved the game and the sales hopefully mean a sequel. Infamous making the chart is great too (which I also loved to a lesser degree).

Loudninja said:
Cant trust Stoney Mason anymore ;)

If people want to label me a fanboy that's their right although I'm more an iphone fanboy than a console fanboy. ;)

One thing I do pride myself on is not trolling games on other systems or game that compete with exclusive games on the console I purchased.

Tobor

Stoney Mason said:

Fumes, the threads on fumes, Stoney!

_Angelus_

Banned
CHRP718 said:
Did you play it? I haven't seen you post in the inFAMOUS thread.

Because I never entered the official thread and stunk it up with trolling I'm cleared of charge dear sir. Btw-no I haven't played too much of the game. My beef is with the people who were slandering ProtoType to the point where you could clearly see the trolls from the legitimate posters.

Pimpbaa

1cesc said:
That's 'cause she's like a mythical creature; scary, but fascinating at the same time.

Nah, she is more like a gruesome car wreck. You don't wanna look, but you can't help yourself.

Cruzader said:
so this has turned into a inFamous vs Prototype again....didnt we have one of those threads?

Anyhow Blu has a point. If you own a PS3, why would you get Prototype ala 2K9 vs The Show?
because even if one is marginally better than the other both appeal to different demographics. one is an over the top acrobatic gore extravaganza, the other is a well written graphic novel moral dilemma kind of thing.

if you want to run up buildings rather than climb them, you'll buy the well made game that lets you do just that when you're only talking about a game that gets about 8.5 out of 10 compared to a game that gets 8 out of 10.

the sales don't reflect or vindicate either group though for a number of reasons.

so InFamous outsold Prototype on PS3? that says more about marketing than anything else. we have no way of knowing which game anyone who played both preferred from these numbers. we have no way of knowing if the people that only bought one or the other had tried both before they bought and made a critical decision.

we have no way of knowing how many people with a PS3 and a 360 bought Prototype on 360. we have no way of knowing how much of a factor Prototype's M rating (vs InFamous's T rating) was.

we know they both sold pretty well. hooray?

Prototype is an awesome game. InFamous didn't appeal to me cause lightning powers bore me... but that's no knock on it's quality.

Kittonwy

Banned
garks said:
I agree. That and the Conduit developers were stupid enough to "show off" the graphical techniques like it's never been done before. Little did they know we gamers have Internet to compare graphics ;-)

I can understand that they're proud to show off their work to some wii owners who want to see a good shooter on their system, but overall the shooter genre is too strong for the Conduit to fare well against many shooters on other systems that offer not only better graphics but a much richer single and multiplayer experience as well.

Loudninja

To have 3 open world games to release around the same time was pretty crazy,I think that is why Red Faction did do as well.

Top Bottom