• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

EmCeeGramr said:
                            /
21954sy.jpg

Level 80 Nintendo Fanboy - Dorkius Maximus

I've never seen those out in the wild before I work near Nintendo of America in Washington.

CorporalDork said:
Historically 100% correct... Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 and then Metroid Prime 3.

So then... how does Metroid Prime Trilogy fit into this equation... mmmmmm

I think it'll sell more than MP3, just because of what the package contains and the price.

thejared said:
well, the PS3 is actually able to move units in ALL regions, so while 13 million may be hard for a product that can claim only one region, it quite easy for well rounded companies with well rounded products.

Missed some of those Chart track numbers I see..

AwRy108

thejared said:
well, the PS3 is actually able to move units in ALL regions, so while 13 million may be hard for a product that can claim only one region, it quite easy for well rounded companies with well rounded products.

Not to mention that part of the 360 sales are due to people who don't want to wait for their RRoD to get fixed. What percentage of total sales? We'll never know.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I can't tell who is being serious and who is joking around anymore :(

WrikaWrek

Banned
AwRy108 said:
Not to mention that part of the 360 sales are due to people who don't want to wait for their RRoD to get fixed. What percentage of total sales? We'll never know.

Word word.

That's why software sales are so shit.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Angeles said:
Xbox 360 is a well built console that costs a lot to make it will never be 99$

keep it up...:lol

funniest npd thread in a while

schuelma said:
I can't tell who is being serious and who is joking around anymore :(

just laugh and hope that at least some people are joking

AwRy108 said:

Exactly.

Not to mention the number of 360's sold because people thought they were a Wii since they are both white. The actual percentage of sales? We'll never know.

zero_suit

thejared said:

It certainly hasn't in the U.S. or Japan...

FrankT

WrikaWrek said:
Forza 3 is gonna sell more than GT5.

I saw that.

Anyhow just to add to what I was saying earlier the 360 will likely be over 40 million by the end of the March quarter 2010. If they have another massive holiday like last year it could be there before that.

Arpharmd B said:
Exactly.

Not to mention the number of 360's sold because people thought they were a Wii since they are both white. The actual percentage of sales? We'll never know.

It's clearly the confusion of avatars for Miis.

Arpharmd B said:
Exactly.

Thank you! Thank you! We'll be here all night, folks! Don't forget to tip the waitstaff!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Saw a dude buy 2 360's the other day, asked why, he answered "Cuz 2 ain't enough to express my love for the system".

How are Ps3 owners supposed to compete with a user base that has so much hard cash to throw away?

Saw a dude buy 2 360's the other day, asked why, he answered "Cuz 2 ain't enough to express my love for the system".

WTF? He owns 3 systems.

Anyway it's nice to see Infamous at 400,000 units. I can see Infamous continuing to sell well into the holiday season.

WrikaWrek said:

How are Ps3 owners supposed to compete with a user base that has so much hard cash to throw away?

I got 2 360's. But it's not love, I hate having two. My hand was forced by Japanese exclusives and region protection.

FrankT

EmCeeGramr said:
the 360 is nearly 4 years old

this generation isn't going to last 8 years

The 360 most certainly will. No matter if you think the new generation will start before that by Sony or Nintendo for that matter. Or even Apple if that's your kind of thing.

The relaunch with Natal and Halo Reach next year will easily give it the legs it needs for 3 more years. Easily. We'll see another GTA, another Gears and plenty more COD's on top of that.

Also to my broader point it's not going to take 4 years for the 360 to hit 50 million. It will be at 40 easily by next spring. Another year or so on top that at most for 50.

Cant0na

Banned
WrikaWrek said:

i made 6 psn accounts yesterday. xbots aint got shit on me, but looks like ill have to ramp up production

ill make 12 accounts a week, IM TAKING YOU DOWN XboTLIVE, psn gonna take you over

skyfinch

I recently saw a guy buy 2 xbox 360s and when I asked why, his reply was, "because...."

I then saw two brothers put their money together to buy a PS3. They didn't have enough so they bought some cheese doodles instead.

_Angelus_

Banned
WrikaWrek said:

Well Sony could always raise the price to $599.00 again.

skyfinch said:
I recently saw a guy buy 2 xbox 360s and when I asked why, his reply was, "because...."

I then saw two brothers put their money together to buy a PS3. They didn't have enough so they bought some cheese doodles instead.

I don't get it.

Angelus said:
Well Sony could always raise the price to $599.00 again.

PS3 Go?

thejared

Jtyettis said:
The 360 most certainly will. No matter if you think the new generation will start before that by Sony or Nintendo for that matter. Or even Apple if that's your kind of thing.

"this generation ends when microsoft says so"

liberal translation: "when the gap gets too close, we claim victory by releasing a new box."

Fredescu

Amir0x said:
Right, whether or not you personally think they are lying is beside the point. The point I was making is that SEGA is not a good source for whether their game is doing well because unlike what Futureman said, they did claim Mad World's sales were "very encouraging."
This post was years ago in relative terms, but I'm pretty sure SEGA has since said that Mad World's sales were a disappointment, which IMO gives a bit more weight to their claim that HoTD met expectations.

MoogPaul said:
Best NPD thread in a long time and the official Conduit numbers aren't even out yet. Thanks everyone.
It did get good about half way through didn't it?

360 is a beast!

Oh and why can't I read a book these days but I can read through 21 pages of an NPD thread in just over an hour. I guess when every other word is Conduit it's easy.

Angelus said:
I still can't believe they did this. Makes you wonder about PS3's future sometimes.

I can believe they did it.
What I can't believe is that they think doing a DD only handheld is viable at this point, especially with that god awful battery life...

amtentori said:
surprised that nothing yet. ign wii has two npd articles and no conduit mention.

not a good sign if you ask me...

Or it could mean, like usual, that NPD isn't allowing them to release those numbers yet.

amtentori said:
surprised that nothing yet. ign wii has two npd articles and no conduit mention.

not a good sign if you ask me...

It's an fps on Wii, you guys didn't see that coming? Come on. :lol Exercise games from Nintendo will sell more.

(My comment has nothing to do with the quality of the game but the people who buy Wii's. )

scitek

Jonny The Pie King said:
As for The Conduit, well, lets think about this. I bought the game expecting Perfect Dark type of aging going by reviews (it reminds me of perfect dark, IGN once said).

What I got was a Quake 2 clone with worse AI, but better controls and graphics. Online is pretty fun, but...yeah. I figured 130k if it got REALLY lucky, and we'll still see I guess.

WRT The Conduit, I doubt hardly any more than 5% of any game's buyers pays attention to reviews in the grand scheme of things. It's usually dependent on how appealing the game looks either through ads, in-store demos, or just the box-art, and its legs usually depend on good word-of-mouth. I honestly don't think being dated in gameplay will stop people from buying The Conduit, or any other FPS, if they think it looks interesting enough.

Tobor

thejared said:
"this generation ends when microsoft says so"

liberal translation: "when the gap gets too close, we claim victory by releasing a new box."

Finally, after an eternity of waiting, a new Snah/TJhooker. It's like Christmas morning!

Top Bottom