• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2009

I dont understand why so many people are happy that the wii's sales are slowing, we want the industry to grow and stay well off, and Nintendo has been a huge part in doing that over the past few years...

heh, it beat madworld
b47o02.gif

Patriotsbball5460 said:
I dont understand why so many people are happy that the wii's sales are slowing, we want the industry to grow and stay well off, and Nintendo has been a huge part in doing that over the past few years...

I don't think "happy" is the right word. I think people are just noticing it has slowed down from the crazy high water mark it was at. It's still selling quite well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Patriotsbball5460 said:
Dont believe it, not very credible, I'll wait for a more trusted source to get the news, my guess...120k, they did quite a bit of marketing for it
Creamsugar has been giving out accurate numbers for over a year actually. It's trustable.

Nirolak said:
Creamsugar has been giving out accurate numbers for over a year actually. It's trustable.

I have no idea who creamsugar is but 70k seems about right on the Wii and with the amount of time it was available and how some of the core games sell on that platform.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Archie said:
It's Twitter I know lol, but:

http://twitter.com/creamsugar

WII THE CONDUIT 71,913

okay look before you all freak out, please consider the following:

• wait for the word of mouth to spread
  • it only had 9 days in NPD (didn't ship early; wasn't in stores until 24th)
  • there was not enough marketing
  • it's a Wii game, it'll have long legs
  • the video game media is biased against the Wii and didn't properly cover Conduit
  • there may have been confusion caused by delays (from May to late June in the U.S.; from late June to mid-July in Europe)
  • Sega of America changed CEOs a week before Conduit's launch, which disrupted the company's ability to properly advertise and distribute the title may have been poor — it IS Sega
  • the commercials aired late at night on channels no one watches
  • the reviews didn't come out soon enough before the release date
  • GamePro spread disinformation and FUD in its review on release day
  • GiantBomb also spread disinformation and FUD in its review

Raw64life

Good looks on the leaked numbers. No way to tell if they're 100% real but it's pretty safe to say they are. I really don't think anyone would take the time to make that whole list up.

Edit: And they're gone. Good thing I managed to snag them while they were up...I mean, what leaked numbers?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Danthrax said:

• the video game media is biased against the Wii and didn't properly cover Conduit
  • there may have been confusion caused by delays (from May to late June in the U.S.; from late June to mid-July in Europe)
  • Sega of America changed CEOs a week before Conduit's launch, which disrupted the
  • the company's ability to properly advertise and distribute the title may have been poor — it IS Sega
Welp, you just took all of Scrubking's talking points. I guess he has no reason to post in this thread now.

Danthrax said:

• not enough marketing
  • video game media is biased against the Wii and didn't properly cover Conduit
  • confusion caused by delays (from May to late June in the U.S.; from late June to mid-July in Europe)
  • Sega of America changed CEOs a week before Conduit's launch, which disrupted the
  • company's ability to properly advertise and distribute the title
  • commercials aired late at night on channels no one watches
  • reviews didn't come out soon enough before the release date

• michael jackson's death has a harmful effect on all sega sales
  • there is a field spell card in play, negating sales by 20%
  • michael ford = ford = car industry = bad image???
  • the moon is the house of jupiter
  • The Lizard Conspiracy

garks

Banned
67k for Red Faction PS3? Didn't the demo debut on the PS3? There's no way the demo did any damage to its sales as it is AWESOME.

grandjedi6 said:
The Conduit didn't do any better than Madworld and that one was considered a "bomba" so....

Bomba by who, though?
The armchair analysts on GAF or by Sega?
So far, Sega said they've been seeing strong sales for The Conduit, and have even increased the ad campaign.

Opiate

Is Donny willing to admit that these type of games have been well and truly killed off on the Wii at this point? The game sold approximately 1/5th as much as he expected.

EDarkness

Danthrax said:

• the company's ability to properly advertise and distribute the title may have been poor — it IS Sega

I hope you're joking, man. Heh, heh.

Kevtones

Anyone notice CoD:WaW on the Wii list? It still has healthy sales 8-9 months after release. Hell, it doubled Excitebots. I think The Conduit may have a similar longevity, actually.

Top Bottom