• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

Yeah I get your points and actually agree with some of them. However the reason I said what I posted was the way you come across in that previous post was almost infantile, if I have that wrong I'm sorry. I don't know if you are a long term viewer here but I've seen people lynched for less than what you said about different platforms over the years. Absolutely lynched for pages.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/search.php?searchid=19032001

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Whoa, the 3DS is just barely beating the PSP at the same point in its life? Jesus.

Why is this surprising?

The market is now saturated with iOS/smartphones/tablets. It wasn't for any previous handheld.

2506761-2437211-4337396730-iok0b.gif

LOL I'm dying.

SDCowboy

I wasent aware Sony had a GTA5 marketing deal with PS4?

Good numbers for Wii U, i contrast to what it was doing that is about as well its going to do considering the situation all around

GTA5 on next gen was debuted at the Sony show so it's a good chance, I think.

Lefein

Banned
Yeah I get your points and actually agree with some of them. However the reason I said what I posted was the way you come across in that previous post was almost infantile, if I have that wrong I'm sorry. I don't know if you are a long term viewer here but I've seen people lynched for less than what you said about different platforms over the years. Absolutely lynched for pages.

My first gaming "console?" was a Tandy TRS-80 and then I got an Atari 2600 when I was 6. I would gladly welcome the slings and arrows of those who find my dis acceptance of the XBone as the mere prattling of a disgenuine System Warrior. I do appreciate the sentiment, though. I am quite new here.

Didn't that only sell a quarter of a million units in the US? I'd imagine the halo remastered collection would have to move significantly more units.

Yeah, I don't know what he's thinking. Halo will sell far better than FF in the US. Still know if it will push the Xbone over the PS4 for Nov. like some people are saying.

noobasuar

Banned
I think you are severely underestimating its appeal to Halo fans past and present. I expect 5 million sales over its lifetime minimum.

Especially when you factor in the fact that most FPS games released these days have awful balance and map design. I see it being very, very big.

Wow, I guess the PS4 word of mouth is moving. With GTA V and Destiny dropping, I'm expecting another huge surge. COD will help some two as well. Who knows. So far so good for hardware as a whole though. At least we know console gaming isn't over.

Bgamer90

Banned
The funniest thing in these threads is the people who go "Well duh, everyone expected the PS4 to trounce the X1 in sales after the 100$ pricedrop!" - Like it's the most logical thing in the world.

It is. No exclusive games & not cheaper than PS4. PS4 still has the momentum it had before the Xbox One had a $400 SKU. The new SKU wasn't going to put a complete hault in that.

It isn't. Microsoft has pulled out all the stops and yet the market doesn't seem to care. If exclusives like Titanfall and a 399$ pricedrop weren't enough to put them at #1 for a single month, a Halo remake collection certainly won't either.

So a game that's part of a popular/well established franchise that will release during the holiday shopping season won't help just because a new IP that released in March didn't? That really doesn't make much sense to me.

Lynn616

The funniest thing in these threads is the people who go "Well duh, everyone expected the PS4 to trounce the X1 in sales after the 100$ pricedrop!" - Like it's the most logical thing in the world.

It isn't. Microsoft has pulled out all the stops and yet the market doesn't seem to care. If exclusives like Titanfall and a 399$ pricedrop weren't enough to put them at #1 for a single month, a Halo remake collection certainly won't either.

Wonder what will be the next move, another 100$ price reduction? I hope Satya has budgeted some huge wads of cash for the Xbox division, because they're going to need it.

The next move would be a price drop. It clearly needs to be cheaper than the PS4. $299 without Kinect and $399 with.

Or MS doesnt care that the PS4 is outselling them and is happy to sit on any profit they get with the X1. Only MS knows.

Wonder what will be the next move, another 100$ price reduction? I hope Satya has budgeted some huge wads of cash for the Xbox division, because they're going to need it.

I think they are going to cut some of the funding if anything. When you've already spent billions and you can barely manager over 150k in your strongest market on the planet, you're in a pretty desperate situation. So investors won't take kindly to MS throwing hundreds of millions more into what appears to be a money sink.

Discomurf

At this point,I don't think Nintendo is actively fighting for second place (MS has much more to lose seeing as Sony's market is their market; they're very direct competitors)
It seems like the big N is just gonna ride this one out and squeeze as much money as they can out of the WiiU until they can start all over in the 9th gen with their "brother" machines.

Sure they are - don't let their 'we do our own thing' talk fool ya. Reggie even mentioned how they were in second place in an interview @ e3.

Especially when you factor in the fact that most FPS games released these days have awful balance and map design. I see it being very, very big.

Aren't you the guy who predicted PS4 to be done due to lack of bc? Yeah, I think there are people with better judgement on GAF.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch

Yeah Microsoft pretty much sacrificed the prior month by announced the "kinectless" SKU so far in advance. They had to have been expecting better than this. I wonder if they realistically expect their fall software lineup to turn it around. Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon do not seem like big momentum changers to me. Another $100 price drop would look too desperate, so I'd guess aggressive bundling.

So PS4 > XB1 > 154k > 3DS = 150k > Wii U ~140k

Probably safe to say 360 sold less than Wii U but more than PS3

PSV is probably super low

Curious what % of XB1's were even the kinectless SKU

I see Halo MCC is strong with the chalkboards... I really doubt it will do much.

Well, on its own perhaps not, but with Sunset Overdrive too (and Forza Horizon 2 although thats on 360 as well) plus the "special offers and fantastic deals" they mentioned in their release yesterday I think it will have a better chance in a period of new releases with exclusives, marketing deals for titles than it would in June when they had nothing to add to the new sku in a month that is traditionally one of the worst in the year for sales...

I would expect those offers to be two games bundled with the system like they've done for years on 360, so that along with the new games are much more likely to have an effect than just the Kinectless Xbox One in June

SDCowboy

Wow, I guess the PS4 word of mouth is moving. With GTA V and Destiny dropping, I'm expecting another huge surge. COD will help some two as well. Who knows. So far so good for hardware as a whole though. At least we know console gaming isn't over.

Agreed. The new COD will be massive for both consoles. Especially the PS4 though if the trend continues.

Xyrmellon

When Abella Anderson herself goes from x360 to PS4, you know there's a problem :p

Beyond the technical advantage PS4 enjoys, I believe it has won the "proud" battle. I read it a lot on GAF before E3: "I hope MS will make us proud". I think the Xbox One with its inferior multi platform games will suffer from a complex, people don't want that. People want the best, and this gen it's from Sony.

If Bungie gets Destiny at 1080p like their promising on the X1, it nullifies that whole argument. The damage may already be done, however...

Road

COD still charting. Goddamn.

June 2013:

4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)** Activision Blizzard (Corp)

June 2012

8.) Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzard

June 2011

06. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard

Welcome to NPD threads. They can be fun.

I'm not sure if Call of Duty has ever missed a monthly top 10 at all ever since NPD started to combine multiplatform releases.

noobasuar

Banned
Aren't you the guy who predicted PS4 to be done due to lack of bc? Yeah, I think there are people with better judgement on GAF.

I made that predication before either console was revealed and with the assumption that the Xbone would have backwards compatibility. Nice try tho.

Gorillaz

I'll give them till August, if the 400 price point still shows no sign of stopping buy next NPD then they have to really re think some things

Elios83

GTA5 on next gen was debuted at the Sony show so it's a good chance, I think.

It's confirmed they have a marketing deal (for bundles and ads), they're trying to get more (exclusive contents). Source: SCEE's CEO.

If Bungie gets Destiny at 1080p like their promising on the X1, it nullifies that whole argument. The damage may already be done, however...

You know...resolution isn't the only differentiating factor in graphics. Infact this is the first gen when there is such a gap in screen res.
Just because both are 1080p doens't mean both have the same graphical quality and frame rate.

ethomaz

Banned
So PS4 > XB1 > 154k > 3DS = 150k > Wii U ~140k

Probably safe to say 360 sold less than Wii U but more than PS3

PSV is probably super low

Curious what % of XB1's were even the kinectless SKU
Where are you getting this > 154k?

MS double sales yesterday was just spin.

Top Bottom