• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

I have to imagine a lot of Halo fans have already boarded the Xbox One, much like Titanfall sold consoles in advance. There will still be a percentage that is actually waiting for Halo 5, or perhaps this collection, to drop but I'm sure the anticipation of that franchise already drove sales.

I dont understand the logic here. Some people jumped on Xbox.to get Halo 3 but after it came out Xbox sold X4.

noobasuar

Banned
MCC is going to sell 10 million , i really want some of what you smoking .
At X1 current rate it going to take maybe more than year before if even get to 10 million plus no remake is goings sell as good as a main line game .

This will be the first. I feel it in my bones.

prwxv3

Yup. And Sony is going to hit it out of the park with it's marketing deal for the PS4 version. It's going to get ugly.
Plus the marketing deal for destiny. jesus is pretty fucking crazy sony were able to snatch marketing deals with all these heavy hitters.

lmbotiva

sony really got the consumers trust back, its amazing how well the ps4 is selling keeping in mind it has no killer app, next year is a different story tho, so many amazing games coming to ps4 ;)

Yeah, with good marketing it might do surprising numbers.

If it has multiplayer with 1 on the pad, one on the TV that will help too. Just the fun of killing a bunch of things with your favourite Zelda characters will help. It also launches in September which is the start of when games start to hit solid sales. Nintendo will market it well. The real deal breaker is if its fun to play. Look at link's crossbow training. Reviews weren't amazing but the cheap price and the Zelda brand pushed huge numbers. I expect the same sort of thing obviously adjusted for price and system popularity. It's poor Captain Toad and Bayonetta I am worried about :(

Wow... PS4 on top again. Was initially expecting Xbone to come out on top, but that expectation changed after MS's announcement yesterday.

Look at link's crossbow training. Reviews weren't amazing but the cheap price and the Zelda brand pushed huge numbers. I expect the same sort of thing obviously adjusted for price and system popularity. It's poor Captain Toad and Bayonetta I am worried about :(

I sincerely had more fun with Crossbow Training than I did with Twilight Princess. Very under-rated game.

Indeed but you can't really pick and choose so it's still anyone's guess.

Sure you can; some facts are more relevant than others. With that said, I don't think anyone's pretended to know the future.

Gartooth

Mattrick and his cohorts doomed Xbox One from the start and it can really be traced back to halfway in the 360's lifespan where the strategy was more focused on entertainment apps and Kinect than it was on games. MS got a huge blow to first party studios as well after losing touch with Bungie and Epic, and then killing their own internal studios like Rare. Now for their new console's exclusives they have to go and fund games from development studios (Platinum, Respawn, Insomniac) rather than relying on their own which is fine for the early years, but I can't say I'm confident at all that they will continue the current 1st party support halfway through this gen.

Draconian

I thought Smash Bros. Wii U was still "Winter 2014" but I was wrong, now it is "Holiday 2014"

Oh ok. Yeah, I don't understand why Nintendo didn't just say Holiday 2014 from the offset unless Sakurai was worried about completing the game before that time. They absolutely need Smash to come out this year though. It's the biggest game they have for sure.

Mr Swine

Banned
Sony: Protoss - OP race
MS: Zerg - OP race after Protoss
Nintendo: Terran - Can't win against both

this is just a joke

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Worldwide, yes.

North America and UK... I would say it's way too soon to tell.

Worldwide it's not a contest yet (if you add Japan, France, Germany and Italy to equation). UK is clearly for Xbone to take ... 2nd place. US is now a fight.

I bet it does well for what it is. I think traditional Nintendo fans will pick it up if it is marketed well. I doubt it will move the needle as far as console sales, but it could be a nice filler title that sells a decent number of copies. Even as someone who does not own a Wii U yet, I sort of dig Dynasty Warriors and with a coat of Zelda paint it would become much more compelling to me.

To be fair, I was talking about console sales. It might sell 100k or a little more, but I really doubt it'll move consoles on its own.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The Halo collection will do not much, really. It will sell less than Final Fantasy X HD, IMO.
It has 100 multiplayer maps, so it will sell a good amount. But it will be preaching to the converted, so to speak. A new game would do more to sell actual hardware.

PS4 wins.

Its now officially a fight between XBone & Wii U for second place.

At this point,I don't think Nintendo is actively fighting for second place (MS has much more to lose seeing as Sony's market is their market; they're very direct competitors)
It seems like the big N is just gonna ride this one out and squeeze as much money as they can out of the WiiU until they can start all over in the 9th gen with their "brother" machines.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
When Abella Anderson herself goes from x360 to PS4, you know there's a problem :p

Beyond the technical advantage PS4 enjoys, I believe it has won the "proud" battle. I read it a lot on GAF before E3: "I hope MS will make us proud". I think the Xbox One with its inferior multi platform games will suffer from a complex, people don't want that. People want the best, and this gen it's from Sony.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The funniest thing in these threads is the people who go "Well duh, everyone expected the PS4 to trounce the X1 in sales after the 100$ pricedrop!" - Like it's the most logical thing in the world.

It isn't. Microsoft has pulled out all the stops and yet the market doesn't seem to care. If exclusives like Titanfall and a 399$ pricedrop weren't enough to put them at #1 for a single month, a Halo remake collection certainly won't either.

Wonder what will be the next move, another 100$ price reduction? I hope Satya has budgeted some huge wads of cash for the Xbox division, because they're going to need it.

Bundy

Banned
Can we say Return of the King yet?

2507075-1197373890-kv0VA.png

2506761-2437211-4337396730-iok0b.gif

Into

I wasent aware Sony had a GTA5 marketing deal with PS4?

Good numbers for Wii U, i contrast to what it was doing that is about as well its going to do considering the situation all around

When Abella Anderson herself goes from x360 to PS4, you know there's a problem :p

Beyond the technical advantage PS4 enjoys, I believe it has won the "proud" battle. I read it a lot on GAF before E3: "I hope MS will make us proud". I think the Xbox One with its inferior multi platform games will suffer from a complex, people don't want that. People want the best, and this gen it's from Sony.

I can't say I know who that is, but I can say that I didn't regret googling the name.

I sincerely had more fun with Crossbow Training than I did with Twilight Princess. Very under-rated game.

Never played Twilight but I thought Link's Crossbow Training was really fun. For what it was it was good enough. Reviews don't really mean anything if the intended fanbase has fun with the game.

Portugeezer

Get back to me when Sony wins over 2 years in a row straight of NPD numbers.

Hell, I'm just glad Sony is announcing NPD numbers now, and that the Sony fan is excited for NPD numbers these days as well!

I'll get back to you in a year and a half then.

Top Bottom