• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2014 [Up3: All Hardware (June/LTD), Top 10 Software SKUs]

AniHawk

No way.

11m?

That would be an unmitigated disaster. Thats straight up Dreamcast levels.

well pretty much, yeah. if you disagree, then please show me your ideas.

i just think that following the standard rise and fall of a platform, the wii u is seeing a peak year this year, and that it will start declining in 2015. the only way this doesn't happen is if suddenly the wii u is actually really popular for some yet unforeseen reason, like splatoon becoming the best game of all-time or amiibos being the new toys that sweep the nation.

Game Guru

I really trying to understand your point ?
You ask if the Wii was following a normal consoles cycle and i show that in both hardware and software it was not .
The Wii was also best selling system in Japan but they drop it like a rock even before everyone else.
The PS1 and PS2 the 2 leading system for there gen did not stop sell hardware or software after there successor came out .
PS3 and 360 still selling software and hardware after there successor out it don't matter where software from they still doing it .
This did not happen with the Wii and a hardware cycles was never set to 5 years it really depends on the company .

I meant if console hardware sales had dropped like a rock earlier than it would have in a typical generation which is normally 5-6 years, unless you have evidence to the contrary. From my understanding, you gave me software support dropping like a rock. We all know how Nintendo is in regards to third-party support. It doesn't matter if the Wii's successor was out after five years because this was a longer generation than the norm and those who bought the Wii might have moved on to the PS3 or 360 after 5 to 6 years because they wanted a better experience.

Salex_

Did publishers actually benefit from the 100m that the Wii sold? I know the Wii Sports sold a lot (with and without bundles?) and Mario related games benefited from them. What about the other companies? I don't remember ever seeing software numbers for other games.

AniHawk

yeah, I see something more like a 6/3/4 split between NA/Europe/Japan for 13 million
15 million is pretty much the ceiling though

(note: this is still a failure)

the problem with europe is that the wii u has sold only about 1.5m units to retailers as of last march. optimistically, that number could be around 1.7m right now. selling 4m units in europe puts it close to the gamecube's 4.77m number. it will be tough to do that.

AniHawk

Did publishers actually benefit from the 100m that the Wii sold? I know the Wii Sports sold a lot (with and without bundles?) and Mario related games benefited from them. What about the other companies? I don't remember ever seeing software numbers for other games.

there were about 900 million units of software sold on the wii with roughly 500m units of that coming from third-parties. 500m units is the entirety of what was published on the nes, for reference.

the problem with europe is that the wii u has sold only about 1.5m units to retailers as of last march. optimistically, that number could be around 1.7m right now. selling 4m units in europe puts it close to the gamecube's 4.77m number. it will be tough to do that.

Europe is 3 and Japan is 4, read properly AniHawk :p
(that being said I find the latter two somewhat optimistic anyway)

Fox Mulder

just dance sold well. The Wikipedia list of best selling Wii games is dominated by nintendos titles.

SparkTR

Ubisoft did really well with Just Dance, and there was a variety of third party games that sold around around 1m- 2m (GH, Sonic, Epic Mickey, CoD, Resident Evil 4). Nothing too outstanding considering what Nintendo software was pushing, but it was an additional source of revenue for third parties that doesn't really exist this time around.

Hero

there were about 900 million units of software sold on the wii with roughly 500m units of that coming from third-parties. 500m units is the entirety of what was published on the nes, for reference.

Yeah but 90% of those third party sales were from shovelware games and not epic AAA games so it doesn't count. For reasons.

Log4Girlz

What were the sales of the top third party games? Guitar Heros, Just Dance did great. Anyone have a top ten?

*looks at Aquamarine*

mo60

Idk about that. IMO casuals are lost to tablets and phones for now.

It took the waggle stuff in Wii to draw them in. It will take something like VR done well and cheap to pull that crowd in and it seems like Nintendo isn't much involved with that right now.

I do not think all of the casuals are lost.Nothing in the home console market appeals to most of the casuals that would be interested in buying a console so they left to the mobile/tablet market since it appeals to them.

I meant if console hardware sales had dropped like a rock earlier than it would have in a typical generation which is normally 5-6 years, unless you have evidence to the contrary. From my understanding, you gave me software support dropping like a rock. We all know how Nintendo is in regards to third-party support. It doesn't matter if the Wii's successor was out after five years because this was a longer generation than the norm and those who bought the Wii might have moved on to the PS3 or 360 after 5 to 6 years because they wanted a better experience.

Gens don't have a set time per say , 5 or 6 years is the norm since that was what Sony at the time chose best for them .
Still even then Sony was market leader during the PS2 gen but DC started it and MS end it and started last gen and Xbox was only out for 4 years .
Wii fail to do what other consoles did which was sell either hardware or software after 5 years and keep momentum in some way and that was down to Nintendo not having any planing .
It never happen to other consoles makers because they knew better than to wait so long to bring out a successor when they saw signs of there current consoles failing .

AniHawk

What were the sales of the top third party games? Guitar Heros, Just Dance did great. Anyone have a top ten?

*looks at Aquamarine*

depends if you want the us or worldwide sales. just dance 2 did about 6m in the us (just dance 3 wasn't far behind). i don't know about worldwide sales for either.

also in the us, there were eight other games above two million, two of which were guitar hero games and two of which were also just dance games. then there are another 20 games that sold over a million on the system over here.

Mikey Jr.

Is it safe to say XB1 is bombing?

Was the 360 bombing when compared to the Wii?

The Xbone isn't bombing. But, unless by some chance the tides turn, they won't be the market leader this generation. That looks to be the PS4.

Mind you, it is still very early in the generation, but the PS4 has the momentum behind it.

And 2015 looks to be pretty big for the PS4 in terms of games.

Sony made some very smart partnerships with Watchdogs and Destiny. Those seem to be paying off. Coupled by the fact that Titanfall didn't do as well as MS had hoped for moving lots of hardware.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
well pretty much, yeah. if you disagree, then please show me your ideas.
For one thing: Wii U may last 7 years, not four like the GC. It has all the power needed and then some to host Nintendo games in a framework they can master for their franchises, building assets they can reuse in the perspective of a convergence with their future handheld.

You are also underestimating Mario Kart 8, making the assumption its sales are front loaded. As for that, the Mario Kart Wii bundle did happen. It was the second biggest system seller Wii had, and unlike Wii Sports, MK8 is a phenomenon that has seemingly kept its appeal and I believe, its audience.

Yes Amiibos will have an impact, if anything: increasing Nintendo profits, leveraging Wii U's NFC feature on the GamePad, so that they can afford to give a long exposure to their evergreen titles, despite less software sold. Another reason that explains my first paragraph estimation.

Unsurprisingly, the last generation versions of Watch Dogs suffered a much softer drop than the next generation ones.

[PS4] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) {27.05.2014} - 210,000 / 779,000 (-63%)
[360] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) {27.05.2014} - 154,000 / 323,000 (-9%)
[XBO] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) {27.05.2014} - 137,000 / 494,000 (-62%)
[PS3] Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) {27.05.2014} - 117,000 / 252,000 (-13%)

A week ago Ubisoft announced they had shipped 8 million units, that's some big channel stuffing. Retail sales combining Japan and US are about 2 million units. Let's say that in Europe it sold about the same as in the US, (hopefully next month we will have a real figure, don't let me down GamesMarkt) that would be around 4 million units between the 3 biggest markets. Digital sales + PC can't add too much to the final figure, so at least there must be a couple of million units sitting on retailer shelves.

Thought the same thing. And they touted how it was their biggest game launch ever. Smh

I wish we got the detailed data monthly still. This was best npd thread in half a decade.

Welfare

Is it safe to say XB1 is bombing?

No way. Until it sells <100k consistently (like another console), it is not bombing. The One does have an issue with getting last gen users to convert, while Sony is doing way better in that regard.

I'd say it is doing "OK" right now.

Game Guru

wii = ~100m
360 = ~85m
ps3 = ~85m

anywhere between 260m and 270m for consoles is about right. keep in mind this wasn't a market for a lot of startups. traditional publishers are who made a lot of money in this gen and it's they who also suffered a lot of problems.

just trying to grasp for a good feeling on the upcoming generation is hard. japan is pretty much meaningless, and other markets are becoming accepting of video games, but will they offset what was lost? will video game consoles even be that big of a deal in five years? can we go so long without an update again? eight years was a longass time. do you think 2020 is an appropriate year to be seeing the next xbox, nintendo system, or playstation?

all that stuff works against what might be reasonable for this upcoming generation. i personally don't feel as optimistic about it just off of the contraction we're already seeing, and the dip in variety that's taken place over the last couple of years.

so my guesses:

wii u: 11m
japan: 3m - it had a remarkably good holiday last year, given what preceded it. i think it's something that can be repeated at least for this year. sales are already nearing 2 million, and with smash bros. and even better bundles, i think the platform could see the better side of 2.3m by the end of the year. after that, there's no real system seller and the thing will just have to move off the existing value. zelda's basically a dead franchise over there, and whatever else is coming out will probably only cater to the existing fanbase.
europe: 3m - european sales are so shit for this system. i think i'm being pretty optimistic with this guess, although like with america, there's been a bigger push than japan to get wii us to customers. so maybe it'll actually make it to this number after all.
north america: 5m - current sales are roughly 2.5m. if things continue along this route, and sales are at least what they were last year (about 700k for november + december), then wii u will be at 3.5m in the us by the end of the year. i don't think this is an unreasonable prediction. after that, sales will probably die down from 2014 for most of 2015, and only tick upwards slightly when zelda comes out. but who knows, maybe splatoon is actually going to be a system seller and drive millions of units in the states. regardless, i wouldn't expect much more than another million and a half out of the machine in the us, especially if 2016 is the last year it's on the market.
rotw: negligible. i don't even know if nintendo really ships to more than these regions, but i can't believe it would be substantial.

xb1: 44m
japan: 0.5m - the xbox 360 actually sold 1.65m units in japan, improving on its predecessor by over 200%, but given the current state of japan, i think things will slide way back down to the original xbox at best.
europe: 16m - it will probably do well enough across the pond to keep up a good second place appearance next to the ps3, but given the current split between the us and europe, i don't know how microsoft will win people over in what has been traditionally sony's turf.
north america: 24m - i kind of expect a decent recovery from microsoft on the platform, and a good push in the american market where they have espn and football and calaudoody. i think they have lost and will continue to lose a lot of customers to sony and the ps4. it will be rough.
rotw: 3m - i don't even know. i'm just kinda putting this here because the numbers look pretty sad overall now that i think about it.

ps4: 83m
japan: 6m - the system's off to a rough start right now, but it sorta reminds me of the vita. i don't think sales are representative of where they will be, and in a way it's somewhat encouraging that it's managing 7k in a week when there's really nothing to cater to the fanbase. 2015 will give a fuller picture, since it's also when a lot of japanese games are hitting. i don't think there's any denying that the importance of the console market has diminished, either.
europe: 32m - i guess i just kind of expect europe to pretty much make this their thing.
north america: 35m - sales will probably more resemble the ps1 than the ps2, wii, or xbox 360. still, it will have a solid place as the market leader.
rotw: 10m - again, i don't even know. sony's been successful in markets nobody really considers but at the same time those numbers aren't made public. then if china actually becomes a thing, maybe it'll be even more successful than just this.

so i guess for me i'm looking at 83m + 44m + 11m for 138m or so in the console space over the span of about 5-6 years. i think that even if these numbers are off sony is the only manufacturer who has the chance of not facing contraction of any kind and even the possibility of growth over the previous gen. but this doesn't even resemble the gen preceding last (ps2 - 155m, xbox - 24m, gc - 22m, dc - 10m = total - 211m), but the last half of the 90s instead (psx - 100m, n64 - 33m, saturn - 9m = total - 142m).

I think this is a reasonable estimate based on what we currently know, and I can't see where a surprise will come from. I see emerging markets adopting either PC or mobile based on current trends, Japan has certainly adopted mobile and even that region, despite its sad state, still ties with the rest of the world in your estimate. I have said years ago that the console game industry was threatening to end up like the superhero comic book industry during the Dark Age and it looks like it might be happening.

For one thing: Wii U may last 7 years, not four like the GC. It has all the power needed and then some to host Nintendo games in a framework they can master for their franchises, and for the convergence with their future handheld.

You are also underestimating Mario Kart 8, making the assumption its sales are front loaded. As for that, the Mario Kart Wii bundle did happen. It was the second biggest system seller Wii had, and unlike Wii Sports, MK8 is a phenomenon that has seemingly kept its audience.

Yes Amiibos will have an impact, if anything: increasing Nintendo profits, leveraging Wii U's NFC feature on the GamePad, so that they can afford to give a long exposure to their evergreen titles, despite less software sold. Another reason that explains my first paragraph estimation.

7 years, are you insane?

(don't answer)

I've been used to be called that since the DS days, don't worry.

7 years is still crazy by any metric. Nintendo has no third party support "now". How on earth are they going to look 2 years from now let alone 5 when PS4/X1 development will be either deep into the gen or the next gen systems from MS and Sony will be gearing up? Nintendo will run the WiiU for 4-5 years. Anymore would be market suicide.

Amir0x

Banned
For one thing: Wii U may last 7 years, not four like the GC. It has all the power needed and then some to host Nintendo games in a framework they can master for their franchises, building assets they can reuse in the perspective of a convergence with their future handheld.

how did you determine the Wii U would last seven years, even while performing significantly worse than Gamecube, even while continually losing Nintendo money (unlike GCN)? I mean it could I suppose, I'm just trying to see your internal logical expressly spelled out. For posterity.

You are also underestimating Mario Kart 8, making the assumption its sales are front loaded. As for that, the Mario Kart Wii bundle did happen. It was the second biggest system seller Wii had, and unlike Wii Sports, MK8 is a phenomenon that has seemingly kept its audience.

Once again it's time to put on that thinking cap marc^o^ and draw out your internal logic to its actual reasonable conclusions. You have now somehow been able to conclude that Mario Kart 8 is a "phenomenon" (selling 885,000 units LTD or something so far, by the way - a "phenomenon" nonetheless) that has seemingly kept its audience in these two months with greater strength than Wii Sports. I mean you're comparing now the game that literally defined what made the Wii so unique and was pretty much the de facto tech demo that informed the rest of the generation for Nintendo (I can't even seriously start a sales or impact comparison without busting out laughing hysterically here) with the appeal to yet another (admittedly good looking) version of Mario Kart that can't even lift the Wii U to sales numbers that aren't still complete dogshit.

The conclusions you keep drawing would be remarkable if they weren't so distressingly outrageous. There literally seems to be almost no forethought at all to some of your theories now. Even the simplest flick tumbles down your carefully constructed house of cards.

yeah a couple of quaint toys with no core unifying game brilliantly aimed once more at the now so obviously incredibly huge Nintendo hobbyist fanbase who as we can see have already made the Wii U a raging success are really going to change the trajectory for Wii U's doomed flight

yeah this is definitely going to happen

Shengar

I think this is a reasonable estimate based on what we currently know, and I can't see where a surprise will come from. I see emerging markets adopting either PC or mobile based on current trends, Japan has certainly adopted mobile and even that region, despite its sad state, still ties with the rest of the world in your estimate. I have said years ago that the console game industry was threatening to end up like the superhero comic book industry during the Dark Age and it looks like it might be happening.

What do you mean by that? Could you elaborate it for me?

good point. i revised downward for it slightly.

whatever the 360 market was, i'm guessing the ps4 will eat up, just as a general thing.

You've still got the PS4 only outselling the XB1 2:1 in Europe, which would require something major swings in momentum to happen. Maybe take 5m from XB1 and add it to PS4?

And I'd be so sad if the Wii U only did 11m. =(

marc^o^

7 years is still crazy by any metric. Nintendo has no third party support "now". How on earth are they going to look 2 years from now let alone 5 when PS4/X1 development will be either deep into the gen or the next gen systems from MS and Sony will be gearing up? Nintendo will run the WiiU for 4-5 years. Anymore would be market suicide.
They will make Wii U a console you buy as the main Nintendo box, with their full library since the gameboy days, with as much indie games as possible. At one point their userbase will be big enough to get back some publishers on board, line Ubisoft or EA, on few titles that don't rely on graphics or cinematic experiences. I don't believe Nintendo will make their future choices on big 3rd party AAA games. I don.t believe that like, AT ALL.

AniHawk

You've still got the PS4 only outselling the XB1 2:1 in Europe, which would require something major swings in momentum to happen. Maybe take 5m from XB1 and add it to PS4?

i think that'd represent a major collapse of the xbox brand in europe. i think i'll leave things where they are.

mo60

I highly doubt it will sell that much when it's discontinued. It will sell over 15 million most likely. Maybe even 20+million.

Amir0x

Banned
They will make Wii U a console you buy as the main Nintendo box, with their full library since the gameboy days, with as much indie games as possible. At one point their userbase will be big enough to get back some publishers on board, line Ubisoft or EA, on few titles that don't rely on graphics or cinematic experiences. I don't believe Nintendo will make their future choices on big 3rd party AAA games. I don.t believe that like, AT ALL.

They better start. Because as everyone with any business sense is now aware, Nintendo's own brands are not strong enough to endlessly prop up their own systems. They either need a gimmick to add something the others don't (a gimmick people actually care about), or they need that third party support back.

Without either, they're straight fucked. Ergo, Wii U.

i think that'd represent a major collapse of the xbox brand in europe. i think i'll leave things where they are.

er, they're not really doing well at all in Europe (no, this does not mean that Wii U, in its weakest territory, is doing better than it though *cough*)

Bgamer90

Banned
wii = ~100m
360 = ~85m
ps3 = ~85m

anywhere between 260m and 270m for consoles is about right. keep in mind this wasn't a market for a lot of startups. traditional publishers are who made a lot of money in this gen and it's they who also suffered a lot of problems.

just trying to grasp for a good feeling on the upcoming generation is hard. japan is pretty much meaningless, and other markets are becoming accepting of video games, but will they offset what was lost? will video game consoles even be that big of a deal in five years? can we go so long without an update again? eight years was a longass time. do you think 2020 is an appropriate year to be seeing the next xbox, nintendo system, or playstation?

all that stuff works against what might be reasonable for this upcoming generation. i personally don't feel as optimistic about it just off of the contraction we're already seeing, and the dip in variety that's taken place over the last couple of years.

so my guesses:

wii u: 11m
japan: 3m - it had a remarkably good holiday last year, given what preceded it. i think it's something that can be repeated at least for this year. sales are already nearing 2 million, and with smash bros. and even better bundles, i think the platform could see the better side of 2.3m by the end of the year. after that, there's no real system seller and the thing will just have to move off the existing value. zelda's basically a dead franchise over there, and whatever else is coming out will probably only cater to the existing fanbase.
europe: 3m - european sales are so shit for this system. i think i'm being pretty optimistic with this guess, although like with america, there's been a bigger push than japan to get wii us to customers. so maybe it'll actually make it to this number after all.
north america: 5m - current sales are roughly 2.5m. if things continue along this route, and sales are at least what they were last year (about 700k for november + december), then wii u will be at 3.5m in the us by the end of the year. i don't think this is an unreasonable prediction. after that, sales will probably die down from 2014 for most of 2015, and only tick upwards slightly when zelda comes out. but who knows, maybe splatoon is actually going to be a system seller and drive millions of units in the states. regardless, i wouldn't expect much more than another million and a half out of the machine in the us, especially if 2016 is the last year it's on the market.
rotw: negligible. i don't even know if nintendo really ships to more than these regions, but i can't believe it would be substantial.

xb1: 44m
japan: 0.5m - the xbox 360 actually sold 1.65m units in japan, improving on its predecessor by over 200%, but given the current state of japan, i think things will slide way back down to the original xbox at best.
europe: 16m - it will probably do well enough across the pond to keep up a good second place appearance next to the ps3, but given the current split between the us and europe, i don't know how microsoft will win people over in what has been traditionally sony's turf.
north america: 24m - i kind of expect a decent recovery from microsoft on the platform, and a good push in the american market where they have espn and football and calaudoody. i think they have lost and will continue to lose a lot of customers to sony and the ps4. it will be rough.
rotw: 3m - i don't even know. i'm just kinda putting this here because the numbers look pretty sad overall now that i think about it.

ps4: 83m
japan: 6m - the system's off to a rough start right now, but it sorta reminds me of the vita. i don't think sales are representative of where they will be, and in a way it's somewhat encouraging that it's managing 7k in a week when there's really nothing to cater to the fanbase. 2015 will give a fuller picture, since it's also when a lot of japanese games are hitting. i don't think there's any denying that the importance of the console market has diminished, either.
europe: 32m - i guess i just kind of expect europe to pretty much make this their thing.
north america: 35m - sales will probably more resemble the ps1 than the ps2, wii, or xbox 360. still, it will have a solid place as the market leader.
rotw: 10m - again, i don't even know. sony's been successful in markets nobody really considers but at the same time those numbers aren't made public. then if china actually becomes a thing, maybe it'll be even more successful than just this.

so i guess for me i'm looking at 83m + 44m + 11m for 138m or so in the console space over the span of about 5-6 years. i think that even if these numbers are off sony is the only manufacturer who has the chance of not facing contraction of any kind and even the possibility of growth over the previous gen. but this doesn't even resemble the gen preceding last (ps2 - 155m, xbox - 24m, gc - 22m, dc - 10m = total - 211m), but the last half of the 90s instead (psx - 100m, n64 - 33m, saturn - 9m = total - 142m).

Nice post/prediction. I predicted a few months ago that overall console sales for this gen will be...

10% = Wii U
35% = Xbox One
55% = PS4

Your numbers seem to be close to that so I can agree with your prediction. We'll see what happens as these years go by.

marc^o^

I love being mocked by you Amir0x over years, proving you wrong now and then, while envisioning things you don't. As usual I can only answer by: we'll see how things pan out. Thanks for calling me crazy though.

the ps4's current performance is more comparable to the 360 or original xbox than the wii or ps2. likewise, the xbox one is more like the gamecube.

That's not really true, though. The PS4 has up to this point outsold both the adjusted sales of the Wii and the PS2. You can argue that things aren't quite that rosy because of the extremely frontloaded sales, but it's not at all clear that that's the case.

Amir0x

Banned
I love being mocked by you Amir0x over years, proving you wrong now and then, while envisioning things you don't. As usual I can only answer by: we'll see how things pan out. Thanks for calling me crazy though.

It's good you changed "insulted" to "mocked", because I didn't call you crazy. But your theories are undeniably insane. And they are getting more insane by the second. Your theories get proportionately more insane the worse Nintendo is doing, I notice.

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to just admit your Nintendo obsession and clear preference is clouding your ability to analyze this situation. There's no shame in it, and it is clearly the case.

The numbers you have show more of a collapse of the consoles market than the X box brand in EU
If you add your numbers together for EU you get 48 million EU sales .

AniHawk

Imru&#8217; al-Qays;121802608 said:
That's not really true, though. The PS4 has up to this point outsold both the adjusted sales of the Wii and the PS2. You can argue that things aren't quite that rosy because of the extremely frontloaded sales, but it's not at all clear that that's the case.

i think if everyone was fine and dandy with the extremely frontloaded sales, microsoft wouldn't have felt it necessary to drop kinect so their console was as much as sony's. what i meant by 'current performance' was monthly sales, not lifetime to date sales. lifetime to date sales indicate some sort of phenomenon for two of the best-selling consoles of all-time, but monthly sales show a very different picture.

The numbers you have show more of a collapse of the consoles market than the X box brand in EU
If you add your numbers together for EU you get 48 million EU sales .

i'm predicting sort of bad news for everywhere. like north america going from about 110m consoles sold to 65m. even japan's getting cut down to 10m from 24m.

marc^o^

It's good you changed "insulted" to "mocked", because I didn't call you crazy. But your theories are undeniably insane. And they are getting more insane by the second. Your theories get proportionately more insane the worse Nintendo is doing, I notice.

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to just admit your Nintendo obsession and clear preference is clouding your ability to analyze this situation. There's no shame in it, and it is clearly the case.
That's why I changed the word and thanked you, your previous post was less insulting than usual. No word of religion fanatic were expressed by you at that time. It looks like you can't help it though: it's coming.

For the posterity as you say, there's a logic in what I just described. It's no less insane than the GC technology being repackaged in a wii to last 10 jears. Nintendo has everything in the box in Wii U. Online, HD, controls.

Your theory is they should go back to square 1. Mine is, they need to execute their vision with what they have. With a great execution, the one we are looking at now. Insane.

Amir0x

Banned
That.s why I changes the word and thanked you, your previous post was less insulting than usual. No word of religion fanatic were expressed by you at that time. It looks like you can't help it though: it's coming.

It's like I said of myself marc^o^, I'm not tossing you under any bus I'm not willing myself to admit to. My analysis of DS success relative to PSP, for example, was incorrect, and it was incorrect very directly because my preference for PSP over DS clouded my ability to correctly judge where the market was at back then, and to hold onto that idea that the PSP would wow people eventually and win the day far longer than I otherwise would have held onto it. That was because I genuinely thought one was a better console for making games on it, but that doesn't change that my bias was clouding my ability to analyze the situation.

The precise same thing is true of the Wii U for you.

Top Bottom