• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

Usobuko

Banned
Think is 5 days of sales for J-Stars Victory VS at 50k.

On the other hand, Godzilla for PS4 this month is probably going to bomb. RIP.

Conduit

Banned
As I expected, XBO is closer to PS4 than many expected. Less than 70K.

IIRC, you did some kinda bet, right?

eESvno5.png

TomShoe

Banned
Think is 5 days of sales for J-Stars Victory VS at 50k.

On the other hand, Godzilla for PS4 this month is probably going to bomb. RIP.

No doubt about that. Terrible reviews are likely going to do it in. I think it'll do decently in Japan, but this is really a game if you're a hardcore Godzilla fan. I don't think there are too many of those in the US.

Ōkami

Off the top of my head, there were more wiius sold in japan than in the US for june if the 70k number is accurate.

Something like 78k:70k.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
When you consider that the last special ps4 bundle almost doubled the XB1 sales, 70K doesn't seem so bad.

But must be kind of concerning (yeah, i used this word) for MS to still get beat by a competitor that didn't even dropped the price yet, and you are selling the console at $50 less bundled with 1 game

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights

RibMan

The Batman bundle did extremely well. Excellent co-marketing decision.

But I thought Xbone won E3 according to Amazon and social media? And surely the backwards compatibility announcement would smite the PS4?

So much for that.

There are people who choose to ignore market realities (e.g. product bundles, price cuts, consumer perception etc.) and operate under the belief that E3 performance has the magical power of translating into a victory at retail during E3 month. It's sad.

Usobuko

Banned
No doubt about that. Terrible reviews are likely going to do it in. I think it'll do decently in Japan, but this is really a game if you're a hardcore Godzilla fan. I don't think there are too many of those in the US.

Yea, there are way more Shonen Jump fans than Godzilla fans.

I know the base game isn't that great but because I like certain franchises on Jump and because I can beat up Saucekay with Arale, I'm going to buy the game when I get a PS4. If they make a better game like Xenoverse did for Dragon Ball, then it would be a good direction for this series in future.

At this point very few ppl are saying this gen has no gamez blah blah. It is good for Sony has reached to this state of generation without major price drop.

Don't worry, there will still be people coming into the threads saying that gaming is doomed because we aren't seeing Wii numbers for years to come.

Elios83

MS did a good work with new SKUs, deals and free game promotions. This month could have been ugly for them with a 100k+ gap instead they got beaten by "just" 70k which anyway is still a great result for a PS4 in cruise mode waiting for its first price drop. Also third parties partnerships with PS4 are really working well and publishers will continue to take note.
Anyway both did pretty well which would be a good sign for home consoles if sales were more stable on a monthly basis, instead we're getting these spikes among really slow months which is not an ideal situation.

When you consider that the last special ps4 bundle almost doubled the XB1 sales, 70K doesn't seem so bad.

But must be kind of concerning (yeah, i used this word) for MS to still get beat by a competitor that didn't even dropped the price yet, and you are selling the console at $50 less bundled with 1 game

Well, PS4 batman bundle is 399 with a game, kinda drop compare to last year bundle, of course XB1 still cheaper.

KingJ2002

Congrats to the teams over at Warner Bros. They are definitely utilizing their strong IP's and making some quality titles

Dying Light
The Witcher 3
Mortal Kombat X
Batman: Arkham Knight

I may not approve of some of their DLC tactics but they are definitely in the running for publisher of the year.

Usobuko

Banned
At this point very few ppl are saying this gen has no gamez blah blah. It is good for Sony has reached to this state of generation without major price drop.

People who said this usually implied that no games of their preferences.

The way I see it is Sony is playing smart with co-marketing deals for AAA games and then filling the various niche with indies, JPN games etc, some which are only exclusive to their platforms.

kadotsu

Banned
So how likely is a permanent drop to $300 for any console? Sony has a good opportunity to capture a more casual audience with the Star Wars/Disney Inf deals, Tearaway and CoD, but not at $400.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well, PS4 batman bundle is 399 with a game, kinda drop compare to last year bundle, of course XB1 still cheaper.

Truth! Destiny PS4 bundle was $449?

I remember that MS had the Madden + free game (basically Destiny) promotion for $399

Edit: Just saw that the "Special" Batman bundle was $449 like the destiny one. The $399 bundle was the regular ps4 ,minus the TLOUR code.

Top Bottom